The kids want AKL!

sharoncity

Mom of 2; Wishing I was in WDW; I WILL conquer the
Well with lots of help from this board, I've changed my ressies yet again. The kids (DD 9, DS 4) saw pictures of AKL and REALLY want to stay there. Since this vacation is for them we decided to switch from BC. After all, there aren't too many hotels you can stay at that have these types of animals right outside your window!

And instead of doing 1 concierge room, I booked 2 savannah view rooms. (There are 5 of us - 3 adults, 2 kids). I used the postcard rate and got the rooms for $205/night. It will be about $200 more (altogether) for 7 nights than 1 concierge room at BC, but I get 2 bathrooms! (could be important with 5 people!) And my BC ressie was an AP rate, which I now don't have to buy. I guess my project for this week will be to figure out which passes to get - UPH or PHP and what way to get the best prices for them. 8 weeks to go! I'm starting to get excited!:smooth:

Congrats on your trip! You guys are going to have so much fun! AKL is beautiful. We stayed there in November. Everything was just perfect.

AKL has 2-bedroom suites I believe. Did you reserve two 'regular' rooms? The suites may be even more affordable than what you paid. It might be worth a phone call. I know Janet2K has stayed at a 2-bedroom suite at AKL and has pictures to view. PM her for a link!

Holly

This was a great decision. That child has some insight!

My dd and I went there last May. It was wonderful. We loved this resort. She loved the animals, the pool, and all the great things there were to do. I loved it for the experience with the African culture. I knew I would probably never be able to go to Africa, but if I forgot the WDW chaos, I really felt as if I was really in Africa.

It being away from the "world" a little more makes it more relaxing and enjoyable. You can really interact and concentrate on your family connection.

Actually Holly I looked into that. The 1 bedroom suite was (I think) $635/night! Discounts are hardly ever available. I don't want to even imagine the price of a 2 bedroom!:( But I'm very excited with what we booked. It is savannah view and I requested connecting rooms on the Zebra trail. I'll fax a few days before to ask again, but I'm sure all will be great! Thanks!

Sharoncity, I hope you enjoy that resort as much as my family has. My immediate family fell in love with it at Easter. Then at Christmas, my parents fell in love with it. And at New Year's, my sister's family fell in love with it. If your family is anything like my family, you should have a magical stay. Relax now that your decision has been made, and begin planning the rest of your vacation! Enjoy!

Sharoncity-I LOVE the AKL, it is my favorite resort!!Have a wonderful expereince....and it will be an expereince, one that I hope you will always remember, I sure will!!:)

If you have the Travel Channel, tune in March 11 @ 3pm or March 13 @11:30 for Great Hotels. They are spotlighting Animal Kingdom on those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!