The Last Jedi for 7 year olds?

deuceswild10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Have you taken your 7 year olds, or younger to see this movie? Is it too scary for the younger ones? My kids love Star Wars, but they have not see any that are PG 13 yet.

Thanks for your input!

My 8 year old saw it yesterday and loved it. I haven't seen it - he went with DH - but it doesn't sound like there is anything inappropriate or overly scary.

DH took our DD7 opening night. She’s seen the other SW movies as well as other action movies such as Avengers, etc. DH says it depends on the kid and how they’ve reacted to similar films. Nothing particularly bad in it, but some things may be intense if it’s a child’s first movie of this type.

I took my 6 year old and he loved it. There weren't any parts during the movie that he was scared. I was more worried that he would become bored during such a long movie but he did good.

It has the words hell, damn, and b***ard in it. There's also a scene where someone is sliced in half, but no blood or gore is involved. This is not the first Star Wars movie to show this. Characters fall to their death, again not first time this is shown. Just extra info to help you make your decision.

My daughter is 5 and enjoyed, though she commented that there were some scary parts.

Mind you, she's pretty hard to scare.

We took our 7 yo to it. Was scared in some moments, there are intense parts, but overall was fine. This one is harder to scare than my other one, though, who I would NOT have taken at 7. Maybe 9.

My 7 year old daughter is super sensitive and she did fine at it. They let her take in her blanket and stuffed animal so I think that helped.

Honestly my one concern for a 7 year old is the length, it clocks in at slightly over 2 hrs and 30 minutes. So add the trailers on the front end (about 15 minutes) and it's almost 3 hours.

My 6 year old daughter watched it and enjoyed it. It held her attention. Keep in mind it is long. Get him to use the bathroom before hand!:) She also enjoyed munching on popcorn and some snacks.

My 7 year old loved it and he's a chicken. Although. he has seen all of the movies.

One warning though, one of the previews was really scary. I think it was called Don't Make a Sound or something like that.

My 7yo loves Star Wars and did fine, even with the length. My 5yo went, too. We took him to Rogue One, also. He’s watched all the movies with his brother and wanted to go with us and his cousins. The 5yo napped during rogue and episode 8. The only part that scared either of them was when an alarm went off telling us to evacuate. False alarm, but jarring for the kids and adults.

Lol, my 7 year old loved it. That said, he's been watching the Star Wars movies since he was 5 and has seen each one (and I say this literally) at least 50 times. Over and over and over....he's obsessed.

My 7 year old loved it - we saw it twice in the theater! He was laughing and cheering out loud and sitting on the edge of his seat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!