The Last Jedi for 7 year olds?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by deuceswild10, Dec 26, 2017.

1. deuceswild10

deuceswild10 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Have you taken your 7 year olds, or younger to see this movie? Is it too scary for the younger ones? My kids love Star Wars, but they have not see any that are PG 13 yet.

Thanks for your input!

2. KenHutch

KenHutch DIS Veteran

I took my 8 year old god daughter to see it twice already.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. DopeyDame

DopeyDame DIS Veteran

My 8 year old saw it yesterday and loved it. I haven't seen it - he went with DH - but it doesn't sound like there is anything inappropriate or overly scary.

5. deuceswild10

deuceswild10 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback!

6. BuzzyBelle

BuzzyBelle DIS Veteran

DH took our DD7 opening night. She’s seen the other SW movies as well as other action movies such as Avengers, etc. DH says it depends on the kid and how they’ve reacted to similar films. Nothing particularly bad in it, but some things may be intense if it’s a child’s first movie of this type.

7. Zarina_Stardust

Zarina_Stardust Savvy?

I took my 6 year old and he loved it. There weren't any parts during the movie that he was scared. I was more worried that he would become bored during such a long movie but he did good.

8. Krazy4DIS

Krazy4DIS Earning My Ears

It has the words hell, damn, and b***ard in it. There's also a scene where someone is sliced in half, but no blood or gore is involved. This is not the first Star Wars movie to show this. Characters fall to their death, again not first time this is shown. Just extra info to help you make your decision.

9. ZephyrHawk

ZephyrHawk Confirmed Disneyphile

My daughter is 5 and enjoyed, though she commented that there were some scary parts.

Mind you, she's pretty hard to scare.

10. chiisai

chiisai i am satisfied with my care

We took our 7 yo to it. Was scared in some moments, there are intense parts, but overall was fine. This one is harder to scare than my other one, though, who I would NOT have taken at 7. Maybe 9.

11. Luna81

Luna81 Mouseketeer

My 7 year old daughter is super sensitive and she did fine at it. They let her take in her blanket and stuffed animal so I think that helped.

12. sponica

sponica Mouseketeer

Honestly my one concern for a 7 year old is the length, it clocks in at slightly over 2 hrs and 30 minutes. So add the trailers on the front end (about 15 minutes) and it's almost 3 hours.

13. elsbit

elsbit Mouseketeer

My 6 year old daughter watched it and enjoyed it. It held her attention. Keep in mind it is long. Get him to use the bathroom before hand!:) She also enjoyed munching on popcorn and some snacks.

14. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

My 7 year old loved it and he's a chicken. Although. he has seen all of the movies.

One warning though, one of the previews was really scary. I think it was called Don't Make a Sound or something like that.

15. deuceswild10

deuceswild10 DIS Veteran

Thank everyone! I think we might go.

16. WDWAurora

WDWAurora <font color=teal>I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'

My 7yo loves Star Wars and did fine, even with the length. My 5yo went, too. We took him to Rogue One, also. He’s watched all the movies with his brother and wanted to go with us and his cousins. The 5yo napped during rogue and episode 8. The only part that scared either of them was when an alarm went off telling us to evacuate. False alarm, but jarring for the kids and adults.

17. BLAZEY

BLAZEY DIS Veteran

My 8 year old loved it.

18. Lmans77

Lmans77 Mouseketeer

Lol, my 7 year old loved it. That said, he's been watching the Star Wars movies since he was 5 and has seen each one (and I say this literally) at least 50 times. Over and over and over....he's obsessed.

19. blackpearl77

blackpearl77 DIS Veteran

My 7 year old loved it - we saw it twice in the theater! He was laughing and cheering out loud and sitting on the edge of his seat!

20. jacknsally19

jacknsally19 Mouseketeer

Length was far more of an issue for our family than scares or violence.

21. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

My nine year old loved it - she is very into droids and porgs *L*