The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

So it's official, the Panama Canal cruise has been canceled. I think I'm going to try and book the WB when they release the 2019 itineraries.

:hug:

The property deal is back in play.

YAY! Hope it works out!

She was exhibiting symptoms of a relapse, so she needed to spend a few days resting with her leg above her heart

Oh no! I hope she's resting and getting better.

We are rapidly approaching the 3 year anniversary

WOW! Time flies.

The ship and it's crew had transformed overnight

That's quite a transformation. It must have been the house elves helping out.

I saw a stormtrooper walking around, Boba Fett, and a whole bunch of guests dressed up.

Awesome! What a great dress-up day.

Huh. Why is that?

If you go West to East, you go under the Bridge of the Americas first and then it takes a fair while until you reach the Miraflores locks. If you go in the other direction, you arrive at the Gatun locks straightaway and I always liked passing under the Bridge of the Americas as kind of a curtain call to the crossing.

Well all the investors have to agree. The thing is based on the conference calls we've had some of the other people don't realize we're up against a wall. One of the reasons we lost our shirts on one of these investments is that some people thought that they could "save" it and did't take the offer that would have been better than nothing. In the end we got virtually nothing. I just hope the other investors realize we aren't going to get anything better and if they stall too long we stand to lose it all.

I had not appreciated that there was a whole rat tail of people involved.

Corinna

I hope it goes through this time. All this roller-coastering has to get old.

Totally! One of the problems with these deals is when the loan comes to maturity, either the property is worth less than the loan and it folds, or the investors refuse to agree on the offer because they think that they can do better than the property management company, and then it goes into receivership and no one gets anything. Can you tell that this is the 6th (and final) one of these we have been through?

That would be pretty sweet!

It would be better than losing it all.

I hope Fran is ok and feels better soon. I'd hate for this to relapse!

She seems to be doing well now. She is just a little tired from all the festivities we've had for the last day and a half.

Not a bad backup plan.

I think it could work, and since just about everything is paid for, it won't break the bank. Besides hopefully by then our old place will be rented out!

Wow, they really went all out! Kinda cool.

Totally, they did it just like you would expect from Disney!

How cute is that?!

I know! I thought the littles were the cutest of all the people dressed up.

With lots of new ways to spend your money!

Of course, they're Disney!

oh no! Why?

Story of my life the last few months, except we're selling, need to find a whole new property, get is rental ready, AND find new renters- preferably ones that won't trash the place. Gonna be a while before we see a steady cash flow again. :(

So you saw it, OK.

OH DEAR!!!! Keep it up!!! Don't relent.

So glad it seems to have passed. Those can turn nasty in a flash!

I know that's how it started last time, but that time there was a ton of interior damage that had been building over the course of years. They did warn her that because in the veins in her leg, the little valve thingys that keep the blood from flowing backwards don't work well, so she could see a relapse if the blood pooled in her leg. She was just seeping clear fluid out of her leg, no holes had opened up, but the seepage can't be good, so she kept it up and the seeping stopped. I think she also might have eaten a lot of salty foods and retained a bunch of fluid. Her feet were swollen before she started seeping.

So the moratorium travel ban has been lifted???

No, it hasn't been lifted, the trip to SSR has not replace the Panama Canal Cruise as the carat being dangled in front of me. I now have until September 20 or so to cancel the trip, you can cancel with no penalty 31 days in advance with DVC.

Story of my life right now. I get it!

Hopefully, this is a short season for you and it'll pass so you can get back to doing what you love.

Yes, you did mention that!

I hope Fran feels better. I also hope that you get your trip to WDW.

Thanks! I hope so too. I was just thinking that it's well into the 180 day mark and I haven't done anything. Oh well, there's a lot of Counter Service places in DTD that I want to try, plus there are the F&W kiosks.

YAY! Hope it works out!

Me too. This is getting tiring.

Oh no! I hope she's resting and getting better.

She seems to be better, we just need to monitor this and not let it get bad like it was back when.

WOW! Time flies.

I know can you believe it!

That's quite a transformation. It must have been the house elves helping out.

The crew works so hard. I don't know how they do it, but I know Disney has it down to a science!

Awesome! What a great dress-up day.

It was! The kids were the cutest! There were so many mini Raes running around.

If you go West to East, you go under the Bridge of the Americas first and then it takes a fair while until you reach the Miraflores locks. If you go in the other direction, you arrive at the Gatun locks straightaway and I always liked passing under the Bridge of the Americas as kind of a curtain call to the crossing.

Huh, that's interesting to note, but I still think that arriving on the West Coast and not having to take a flight home is more appealing than the schedule of the locks, plus an extra hour or so is perfect!

I had not appreciated that there was a whole rat tail of people involved.

Yeah, there was a maximum of 35 separate investors allowed in the process. Sometimes hard to reach a decision with that many. There were some that were not pleased with the previous deal. They thought they should get all their money back that they put in despite the fact we've been receiving distributions over the 9 or so years that we've been invested. I just hope we get something that is relatively close to covering the remodel and a car.

We will be there in 18 days so you better get moving! :hyper:

Well I'm not sure how well we're going to do. Disney keeps offering things that entice her out there and then when she gets home, she sleeps two or three days away!

Just getting back into reading all the trip reports I've fallen extremely behind on. Just skimming this last page, sounds like you've had some busy couple weeks. Haven't read everything yet but glad Fran is doing better. I guess you answered one of my questions in the PM I sent you regarding the PC cruise. It always helps having a potential trip to look forward to so hopefully the fall trip will be doable.

--Karilynn

All caught up.

Ugh, real estate.

I didn't realize Enchanted garden still had buffet breakfast.

We loved SWDAS. Especially all the attention to detail.

That's good to know. I doubt the ones off the shore in Long Beach were as well fed....

Probably not...

In LB? Or just on the West Coast evidently they are everywhere this year!

Not sure. I remember it was Cali coast... but not sure exactly where.

You and Liesa both....OK I tried to be vague and just say we are broke, but we don't actually have an extra $5600 laying around to spend on a cruise. In fact the $1000 we put down as a deposit will help out nicely on the credit card when it is refunded. I had hoped it would show up in time for this month's payment but it will have to be applied to next months since I already paid off the credit card since we were approaching our limit. I mentioned a few months ago that we were considering canceling this cruise and the Houston Band Conference trip due to money, but then word of this winfall of the investment came through. Then it fell through, without the nice chunk of money (which was supposed to be delivered June 9) there is no way we can responsibly commit to a cruise costing that much money.

Ah. I'm sorry, shouldn't have pried.
I thought it might have more to do with the move, or logistics or something other than that.

Hence why Fran is kicking herself for not lying to her parents and keeping the property that they traded for these crappy investments.

ouch

Well, it's not that bad. But we're smart enough to know that if we don't nip it in the bud, it could become something. At this point it's more of an annoyance than anything terrible.

Well, I guess that's better than the alternative.

I knew they would make it cool, but had no idea that all the bars and restaurants would change sightly plus uniforms and such. They really went all out as you will see later.

Yay!

It's the Rebel alliance symbol.

D'oh. :sad2:

there were tons of mini Reys running around the ship!

I bet!

Believe it or not, I can be "picky" about what I eat. Not that I don't like a lot of things, but if I don't feel like eating a burger, there is no way you're going to get me to eat one. Same thing for pizza or whatever, pasta maybe, but there was no "all you can eat pasta bar" in the quick service area. I knew that I would eat a salami sandwich (I became partial to those, butter, fancy salami, french roll) in France way back when we backpacked through there. So I made one and put it in the fridge and it turned out to be a good call. As you'll see in the next update, I didn't like the other things they had available and it would have been a pain to get them to bring me the salami, so good that I already had it!

Ah! Well, that does explain it.

Plus as you'll see in the next update there was a good reason I didn't want to overeat.

Oh? Standing by!

Well you'll have to test that out for yourself. :rolleyes1

:laughing:

Just getting back into reading all the trip reports I've fallen extremely behind on. Just skimming this last page, sounds like you've had some busy couple weeks. Haven't read everything yet but glad Fran is doing better. I guess you answered one of my questions in the PM I sent you regarding the PC cruise. It always helps having a potential trip to look forward to so hopefully the fall trip will be doable.

--Karilynn

Thanks, I hope we can do it as well! I'm really getting cabin fever with just our 1-2 night trips!

I vote Disney before DeSoto too! :lmao:

Well Darcy and I did a big bit of clean up today, it was gross and I'm glad that Darcy was able to do most of it. I would have puked!

All caught up.

Ugh, real estate.

I didn't realize Enchanted garden still had buffet breakfast.

We loved SWDAS. Especially all the attention to detail.

Glad you got caught up. I would imagine on days at sea they did the buffet breakfast as well as may of the other days as well.

Not sure. I remember it was Cali coast... but not sure exactly where.

From the latest reports, people are dropping chum off the coast of Long Beach to make the shark sightings even better.

Ah. I'm sorry, shouldn't have pried.
I thought it might have more to do with the move, or logistics or something other than that.

Nah you weren't prying, but the PC Cruise was expensive. 14 nights, unless we had an abundance of cash, we couldn't go for it.

Well, I guess that's better than the alternative.

Well it seems to better for now.

I was kind of wondering how you didn't recognize it....

Ah! Well, that does explain it.

Just because food is included, doesn't mean you're going to want it at the time.

Oh? Standing by!

Hoping to update really shortly....

First we went down to deck 1. They had an area set up back near the Health Center in some kind of storage bay. It was actually in an area for CMs only. They would let 5-6 people in at a time as an equal amount of people left. I know the photo is blurry but it gives you an idea.

Our first meet was with R2D2 and C-3PO. I completely understood why they had this set up, they could just close off the doorway the rest of the week and not have to reset it for each SWDAS.

C-3PO talked to us, you know casual conversation, he may have even commented on my skirt. I thought R2D2 was a virtual door stop, but he moved to give more room when Fran got in the picture.

Next was up to Deck 4 to Tube where we had tickets for meeting Darth Vader. Unfortunately they lost the PP photo of me and Vader, so I'm glad we had the handler take pictures with our camera as well.

Throughout the entire meet and greet he was continually talking about us being recruited, and to be ready when they came for us.

Then we went to the lobby to get another picture with the SWDAS backdrop. On the way there I started stalking this Tusken raider, but he completely ignored me.

At first the photographer told me that I was supposed to get behind the barrier, But I told him that I wanted my skirt in the picture. When he saw, he understood.

No one was taking photopass pictures with Rey’s speeder so we did our own.

Unfortunately somewhere while Fran was taking photos of me Auto focus on the camera got turned off so a lot of the next pictures are blurry. Then we went up to Deck 11 for a snack. Fran saw these coolers for sale and couldn't resist.

Then we went to the quick service area for a few things.

This is the salad bar or fixins bar where I got the salad from the other day.

Then we got a couple roast beef sandwiches, chips, pickles.

I got a couple slices of pizza.

The pizza was gross so I didn't eat it. The sandwiches weren't all that great either. I should have added onions. I was glad I made the Sopracetto sandwich at breakfast, because that was good!

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

It was time for our Remy Dessert tasting. We went up to Deck 12 and Stephan was again our wonderful server. Our first Champagne was from Krug, it was a Brut Blanc de Noirs from 1996

Our first dessert was an apple thing. I wish that I could give you a better name, but all it says on the menu is Pomme.

It had a pink Champagne soaked lady finger as the base, an apple “chutney” sort of filling and an apple infused gel dome on top with the green stuff.

They had explained to us that they would be starting with lighter desserts, fruit based and then moving to the heavier cream based and chocolate desserts. Our next one was a Pear compote/gel with merengue and a bruleed top. The pear was poached in champagne. There were little slivers of toasted brioche for texture. I believe that the same champagne was supposed to go with this dessert.

They poured us a new wine for the the next dessert. Those who have been reading the bonus features for a while may remember that we had a wine tasting dinner with all Tokaji wines. These are from somewhere in slovakia and are very pricey per ounce. The sweetness and fermentation of these wines was discovered by accident, but has become a treasure!

Our next delight was a Strawberry dessert, almost like a Strawberry oreo with merengue as there were wafers and Strawberry parfait filling. On the top was a Meyer lemon zest and a citrus leaf, it smelled very herbaceous almost like basil. Then they poured a pure and strained strawberry juice reduction around it.

Again paired with the Tokaji wine was caramelized pineapple, with a rum ice cream in the Tube shaped pastry, and supposedly the little lump of cream was coconut infused, but I couldn't taste it at all, neither could Fran. This was two bites. So good!

When he came to pour the wine for the next two desserts, we found out that we had already had that wine on the night we dined at Remy, so he substituted a Cabernet Sauvignon Ice wine for our last two desserts. This is one that they would normally serve at this tasting, however, on this cruise they did not have enough for everyone so they substituted the one on the printed menu. He had just enough for us, so he let us have this one.

I ordered some coffee here hoping it would help me stay awake for the fireworks.

Then we moved on to chocolate, this was a vanilla praline soup, that was very similar to the chocolate soup we had last time at Remy. However this time it was a base of macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.

There was a cannelle of caramel ice cream and they poured a warm vanilla sauce around it.

The final dessert was something they playfully referred to as a French Kit Kat. The base was made from crepes that had been baked until crisp and then crushed into a crust. On top of that was a sort of chocolate mousse which was then enrobed in dark chocolate.

They gave us a parting glass of champagne to finish off the afternoon.

Plus some macarons which were absolutely delicious! I ate them as a breakfast appetizer on our last day of the cruise.

The chef came out to chat with us and we took a picture with him and our server.

There was this bottle of Lasseter wine sitting out. He always produces a limited amount of wine for each Pixar feature

We went back to the room and since I'd already packed everything that I could for today I put on Monster’s University and played Mahjong while Fran slept. Then I watched Lilo and Stitch as well. As we were leaving the room, there was another beautiful sunset that I captured. Believe me I did cut at least 80% of the photos that I took, maybe more…

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

We went down to dinner at Animator’s Palate. The menu.

I think was probably the coolest restaurant to be in for the SWDAS as they had all this cool stuff displayed on the screens. We ended up missing all the “traditional” shows in this restaurant this trip. But it was fun too see all the Star Wars Displays on the screens, they kept changing throughout dinner.

Bread Service

For appetizers we both had Jar Jar Binks Nyork Chowder.

And we both got Lord Vader’s Nerf Steak (Rib Eye), I substituted green beans for the carrots and collards.

She got it as the menu advertised.

We both agreed that we should have split an entree. Not wanting to waste anything, Fran had a baggie in her pocket. She sliced the meat Into strips and put it in the baggie.

After they cleared our plates they brought us dessert menus.

As I was taking pictures of the dessert menu our drink server joked that I should take a picture of him, and I told him that I wanted a picture of the two of them!

I wasn't feeling so good, and thought if I just took a little time, the food would settle and I'd be ready for some dessert. In hindsight as I look at the menus, I would have loved the Cloud City Macarons. She got Han Solo’s Frozen Carbonite Sundae.

But as I sat, I realized that wasn't the case. Fran noticed too and sent me back to the room. I made it just in time for my own worship ceremony. I blame either the coffee from the dessert tasting or the rich chocolate. No more after meal coffee for me, just in case. Now I'll only drink it before or with breakfast.

While I was back in the room suffering, she did get a final picture of our servers.

She went and ordered us some name tags in Aurebesh from the gift store.

Evidently when she got back to the room, I asked her what took her so long? But really I didn't know anything from squat. I had passed out and barely remember her coming back to the room.

You have now convinced me we must do a SW cruise. What fabulous meet and greets and such details everywhere! The menu at AP is too cute. I agree, great restaurant to be in that night.

I know I've said it before but I love the skirt.

The dessert tasting looks amazing! popcorn::

I'm sorry you felt unwell that evening though.

I just realized I forgot to post some pictures on the last update.

These three PP pictures were taken at dinner.

This was the towel animal on the bed when I back to the room. I must have taken this one after I started feeling a tiny bit better. But now as I look more closely at the picture I obviously did not feel good enough to crop (camera angle) all of Fran's mess in the background. :laughing: And now I'm too lazy to photoshop it now that I've uploaded it.

Last edited:
That skirt!!! :love:

Vanilla praline soup? Heavenly!

The ribbeye looks cooked to perfection. YUM!

And of course the sunset pics. My fave!

Our first meet was with R2D2 and C-3PO. I completely understood why they had this set up, they could just close off the doorway the rest of the week and not have to reset it for each SWDAS.

That was cleverly done and I loved the photos.

Unfortunately they lost the PP photo of me and Vader, so I'm glad we had the handler take pictures with our camera as well.

What a shame that they lost this.

At first the photographer told me that I was supposed to get behind the barrier, But I told him that I wanted my skirt in the picture. When he saw, he understood.

I love this photo. I am glad that the photographer let you just run with this.

The dessert tasting at Remy looked amazing. I would enjoy this.

I think was probably the coolest restaurant to be in for the SWDAS as they had all this cool stuff displayed on the screens.

I can imagine that this works really well.

I made it just in time for my own worship ceremony.

Oh no. I hope you felt better in the morning.

Corinna

Getting sick is no fun! I've had that worship ceremony a few times at Disney!

Looks like a great day otherwise- the remy dessert looks awesome!

What an adorable skirt and excellent photo ops!

The dessert tasting looked decadent!

Amazing sunset pics!

So sorry that you fell ill after dinner.

You have now convinced me we must do a SW cruise. What fabulous meet and greets and such details everywhere! The menu at AP is too cute. I agree, great restaurant to be in that night.

I checked, and was hoping that they would turn ours into a Star Wars Cruise, but it seems that last year they ended in April, and they're scheduled to do the same. Bummer. It certainly was fun!

I know I've said it before but I love the skirt.

Thanks! And I probably still fit into it!

The dessert tasting looks amazing! popcorn::

It does, but I don't think I want to do it again on our cruise, being diabetic, it's not a very good idea to eat that much sweet stuff.

That skirt!!! :love:

Everyone seems to like it!

Vanilla praline

That soup was quite good!

The ribbeye looks cooked to perfection. YUM!

It was cooked quite nicely, I wish that I was feeling more hungry. No more after meal coffees for me.

And of course the sunset pics. My fave!

Sunsets at Sea are always so gorgeous!

That was cleverly done and I loved the photos.

It was neat how they had their own secret and private area!

What a shame that they lost this.

I know. I should look at my photos before I leave the ship in the future.

I love this photo. I am glad that the photographer let you just run with this.

Me too!

The dessert tasting at Remy looked amazing. I would enjoy this.

It was amazing, but I think I should avoid this in the future due to my blood sugar. :sad2:

I can imagine that this works really well.

It continued to change throughout the course of the meal and they showed all kinds of other things on the screens like ships and such, but I put the camera down for most of the meal.

Oh no. I hope you felt better in the morning.

Yeah, it was definitely a reaction to the coffee. I'm going with that because I don't want to give up chocolate. That was pretty intense too.

Getting sick is no fun! I've had that worship ceremony a few times at Disney!

It's not difficult the way that both of us. We are often pushing the envelope with respect to richness, alcohol, and unique flavors. There's bound to be a reaction at some point.

Looks like a great day otherwise- the remy dessert looks awesome!

It was very nice, I liked that the desserts were all so very unique. However, having done it once, I really should not do it again. I'm better off sticking with savory meats and non glycemic raising foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!