• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The latest from Screamscape

HBK

Mouseketeer
I actually have no clue about the timeline for this, but I’ve heard a couple of pepole mention that some kind of futuristic “bumper car” project is moving through the development channels for either the Carousel of Progress or Timekeeper attraction areas. With a bumper car project themed to the Bugs Life film going into DCA this fall, it is possible to add one to WDW as well.
Hey that's where they made some savings....buy one attraction, get one free!

And by the way if you head to screamscape, check out the concept art for Bug's Town....looking strangly familiar to a certain carnival we all know. Must have been some bargains in the six flags catalog.

Bumper Cars??? That Dinorama spinner is practically an "E" ticket by comparison to what I picture here! :rolleyes:

Sure, if these cars were to regular "bumpers" what Space Mountain is to garden variety roller-coasters, I 'd eat every word of this. But, unless I really miss something, that's hardly the type of attraction we're talking about for Tommorrowland. Bumper Cars???

Also:
------------------------------------------------
"Screamscape has heard that the Carousel of Progress and possibly Timekeeper may open once again for the Presidents Day Long Weekend. However, we’ve also heard that this is very likely to be the last time that they reopen these rides, and some kind of replacement may be in the works for one or the other."
------------------------------------------------

If you're gonna be there over the weekend, I'd say it'd be worth it to get over to MK and enjoy what may be the final curtain call for each.

On the face of it, bumper cars in Tomorrowland sounds like an awful idea to me too.

If I hadn't had the misfortune of riding Superstar Limo at DCA I would have more hope for the bumper car ride. SSL is the shlockiest ride around. Too stupid for the grown ups and obscure for the little ones it might appeal to ( does my 5 year old care to see a cardboard cutout of Regis Philbin?) so everyone was bored. Hope they can strike that balance that Walt was able to do sooo well-entertain adults and kids at the same time!

I notice that Screamscape is looking for confirmation

I notice that Screamscape is looking for confirmation that FedEx markings have been removed from Spacemountain.

We rode it last year so many times in a row that my daughter and I were saying the spiel at the end over and over...

"In the future, packages will be shipped (something like 'around the galaxy') on beams of light." This must be said in your best cheesy radio voice. We loved it!

Can anyone confirm or deny that this is true?

They want to put a two-story version of the old Disneyland Flying Saucer hovercraft ride into the Carousel of Progress building. Not bumper cars.

Moooo that's what I heard a while back too, but haven't heard anything since last spring about the flying saucers.

Read the Rumors board yesterday but only got to the Screamscape article today. They had a link to the old Yesterland site about what the flying saucers looked like. If this is what they are planning then it could be a lot of fun!

www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

WELL, of course it doesn't work! Sorry but if you will go to LaughingPlace.com and look for the Screamscape article about flying saucers, they have a link and it does work.

Remove the / after html and the link will work.

Dumbo

Thank you Dumbo! I never could've figured that one out. Just a computer novice here. Yes the link does work now and the pictures are really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter