The Magic is better than the Dream....I'll be the judge of that!!

Thanks for writing your trip report. We have traveled on the magic 3 times & loved it. We are booked on the dream next March & I'm wondering how I'll like it. It was nice to see your comparison because I was thinking about changing back to magic. Wasn't Andy awesome? He was on our last 2 cruises & so much fun!

Thanks for writing your trip report. We have traveled on the magic 3 times & loved it. We are booked on the dream next March & I'm wondering how I'll like it. It was nice to see your comparison because I was thinking about changing back to magic. Wasn't Andy awesome? He was on our last 2 cruises & so much fun!

Thanks for reading. Andy was awesome and I hope we have the pleasure of cruising with him again. The service on the Magic was just really lackluster compared to what we had experienced on both of our Dream cruises. I did enjoy the size of the Magic though. I'm sure you will have a great cruise either way. :thumbsup2

Thank you for such wonderful posts. I just read the whole thread. We have sailed the dream once, the fantasy once and I will be going on the Magic next April break. This was very informative. Thank you again.

Thank you for such wonderful posts. I just read the whole thread. We have sailed the dream once, the fantasy once and I will be going on the Magic next April break. This was very informative. Thank you again.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trip! I enjoyed reading along and seeing your pictures. We recently booked our first cruise on the Dream for next July. I have heard so many people talk about the Magic, it was nice to read your comparisons. I feel confident my family will enjoy our cruise on the Dream. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise!

Thanks for sharing your trip! I enjoyed reading along and seeing your pictures. We recently booked our first cruise on the Dream for next July. I have heard so many people talk about the Magic, it was nice to read your comparisons. I feel confident my family will enjoy our cruise on the Dream. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise!

Thanks for reading! I'm sure you and your family will have a wonderful time on the Dream. I wrote a report for our last Dream cruise but it was an adults only cruise so it probably does not cover all the info you would be interested in but it is in my signature if you want a quick read. My boys prefer the Dream over the Magic and they really want our next cruise to be either the Dream or the Fantasy. :goodvibes

ETA: The link for my 3 night Dream cruise report does not appear to be working for some reason but you can google "my dreamy anniversary cruise" and it will come up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! We are preparing for our very first Disney cruise on the Magic the week after Thanksgiving, and I'm reading everything I can about the ship. Your report was extremely helpful!

I wonder if you could PM me your travel agent's direct email address. I booked directly with Disney, but would like to have a TA handle the reservation, and if I can get the OBC you mentioned, even better!

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! We are preparing for our very first Disney cruise on the Magic the week after Thanksgiving, and I'm reading everything I can about the ship. Your report was extremely helpful!

I wonder if you could PM me your travel agent's direct email address. I booked directly with Disney, but would like to have a TA handle the reservation, and if I can get the OBC you mentioned, even better!

Thanks again!

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure you all will have a wonderful time on the Magic. I sent you my TA info. :thumbsup2

We are doing the Magic next year after twice on the Dream. I'm excited to see what you thought.

We're looking at sailing on a 4 night October 2015 since the Dream isn't doing any then. We just got off the 4 night on the Dream so am very anxious to read your report!

I totally forgot to mention that I actually had to leave a note on our white board for our room host telling him that our toiletries needed replenishing. :confused3

We had a similar situation on the Fantasy. It all boils down to the CM. Some are great and some are blah. We got scolded for not bring the kids with us to the MDR one night! Overall we had a great cruise too. These little things don't make or break the experience but it would have been nice to have better service in those areas.

I really enjoyed your report! It's nice to see an honest opinion. Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

We had a similar situation on the Fantasy. It all boils down to the CM. Some are great and some are blah. We got scolded for not bring the kids with us to the MDR one night! Overall we had a great cruise too. These little things don't make or break the experience but it would have been nice to have better service in those areas.

I really enjoyed your report! It's nice to see an honest opinion. Your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

It really does boil down to the individual CM. We had good ones on our first cruise, great ones on our second cruise, and not so great on our third so I guess 2 out of 3 is not bad. ;)

Thank you so much for reading. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your detailed report! We've sailed on the Dream twice and we're trying the Magic for the first time in November. :thumbsup2

This TR rocked!! Thank you so much for your detailed info & pics! Our first cruise was on the Dream in Jan (4 night) & we will be sailing on the Magic in Nov (7 night). I cannot tell you how helpful all your info is for my planning!

This TR rocked!! Thank you so much for your detailed info & pics! Our first cruise was on the Dream in Jan (4 night) & we will be sailing on the Magic in Nov (7 night). I cannot tell you how helpful all your info is for my planning!

Thank you so much! That was really sweet! :cloud9: I am so glad that my review has helped you in your planning. I'm sure you all will have a Wonderful cruise and maybe I can read your report when you get back. :goodvibes

I know I am really late to the game, but honestly, AWESOME trip report! I stumbled upon it somehow this morning, and have spent the last couple hours sitting here reading it, riveted to my seat…when I really should be up cleaning and doing my laundry!

We sailed on The Magic from NYC in 2012, and we have booked the Dream for April 2016. I love reading your comparisons of the two ships, and I loved your description of Atlantis and the Comfort Suites. We may do that was well, my DD11 has been asking to go to Atlantis since the last cruise (we went to Blue Lagoon). Neither of my kids really enjoyed the kids clubs either…not sure why they don't do more to get the kids to participate :confused3.

I was wondering how it would be to skip the MDRs on the Dream. I did find the dinners to be somewhat of a long process and wasn't all that crazy about some of the menus. I would hope that I wouldn't get scolded by the wait staff…that's just rude!

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Are you going on another cruise in 2015 or 2016? I believe your TR said, "next April." I wasn't sure when that landed!

I know I am really late to the game, but honestly, AWESOME trip report! I stumbled upon it somehow this morning, and have spent the last couple hours sitting here reading it, riveted to my seat…when I really should be up cleaning and doing my laundry!

We sailed on The Magic from NYC in 2012, and we have booked the Dream for April 2016. I love reading your comparisons of the two ships, and I loved your description of Atlantis and the Comfort Suites. We may do that was well, my DD11 has been asking to go to Atlantis since the last cruise (we went to Blue Lagoon). Neither of my kids really enjoyed the kids clubs either…not sure why they don't do more to get the kids to participate :confused3.

I was wondering how it would be to skip the MDRs on the Dream. I did find the dinners to be somewhat of a long process and wasn't all that crazy about some of the menus. I would hope that I wouldn't get scolded by the wait staff…that's just rude!

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Are you going on another cruise in 2015 or 2016? I believe your TR said, "next April." I wasn't sure when that landed!

Thank you so much! I often prefer to read TRs instead of working. ;) We were supposed to be sailing on the Wonder April 2015 but the school changed testing week so we had to cancel. :sad1: I just recently booked the Dream for December 2015 so hoping everything works out for that. I hope so because I can't wait to get back to the Dream.

Kids can be so funny. Our's were thrilled at the idea of Edge but less than thrilled with the actual experience. I don't expect our next cruise to be any different but whatever makes them happy. :goodvibes

We loved Atlantis and I can't wait to go back! I don't know that we will go in December because I'm just unsure of the water temp but will definitely go back next time we cruise in Spring/Summer. Have a wonderful cruise!!

We did a little unpacking and decided to head to Downtown Disney. I had planned for months on us taking the boat to DTD and having lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. The menu sounded really tasty and cheap. :rotfl2: It was really warm out and a LONG walk from the boat dock to the Earl of Sandwich. Apparently, Orlando was having above average temperatures for this time of year. :rolleyes: I honestly don't know how you all that go in the summer do it.

We finally found the EOS and the place was slam packed!! No way could we wait that long. Both boys were already getting cranky. We decided to see what else was around but everything else either had a long wait or only had snacks. We walked all the way back to Cookes of Dublin and they had no wait. DH nor the boys are fish fans but since they had burgers, it was all good. I had the fish and chips and I have to say, everything was fantastic! I can't believe how good the fish sandwich was. Probably the best I've ever eaten. Not that I've eaten them from many exciting places but it was great. DH and the boys really enjoyed the burgers also. I completely forgot to take pictures of the food here but I did remember everywhere else....I think.

Everyone felt better after having lunch so we headed to the Lego store and Disney store for a bit.

My silly child taking a selfie in the Disney store.

A nice man offered to take a picture of all of us. :)

We really wanted to try a sundae from Ghiradelli but we had a reservation at Boatwright's at 6:30 and it was already after 2:00 so we decided to pass. Instead we decided to head back to POR and hit the pool. We had an absolutely horrible time finding the bus stop. After asking 3 different people, we finally found it. :rotfl2:

We headed to the large pool on Ol Man Island and I'm sorry to say that I do not have any pics but I do not have a water proof camera and honestly, I didn't even carry a bag. We were very impressed with the size but their could have been a few more loungers. DH and the boys really enjoyed the slide but I decided to pass since I didn't want to get my hair wet. We had dinner reservations in a couple of hours and I didn't want to have to blow dry and straighten my hair. ;)

Dinner at Boatwright's

Boatwright's is the table service restaurant at POR. I decided to make a reservation a couple of weeks prior to our arrival and I'm glad I did. I did takes pics but on some things I didn't remember until after we had started eating. So if you enjoy pics of half eaten food.......here ya go! :rotfl2:

Delicious sweet corn bread.

This is the chicken and andouille gumbo. I did not make the mess all over the bowl. It was that way when I got it. :) This was very good but very, VERY spicy.

French onion soup. This was absolutely delicious. Sorry, DH had already eaten all the yummy cheese and crouton from the soup. He doesn't like onions but loves this soup.

The boys both had cheese pizza and fries and said it was good.

I decided on the bbq short rib with creamy cheese grits and onion straws. DH decided to have the same thing. I was hoping he would have something else so I could try it. ;) This was very very good but the grits had a rather odd taste to them. Not necessarily bad, just different.

They boys both had sundaes with their meals.

DH and I both skipped dessert. I really wanted to try the pecan pie since its one of my favorites but DH isn't a fan and I knew I would never eat it all. Or I would eat it all and feel stuffed all evening. :rolleyes1 Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that if you are not on the dining plan like we weren't, if you have the Disney Visa you can save 10% on dining at Boatwrights. :thumbsup2

For future reference, the line at EoS is always long, but it moves SUPER fast! You should definitely stop there some time. We pay out of pocket and get a 10% AP discount there. Very cheap and filling!! Well worth the money :)

For future reference, the line at EoS is always long, but it moves SUPER fast! You should definitely stop there some time. We pay out of pocket and get a 10% AP discount there. Very cheap and filling!! Well worth the money :)

I definitely will when we get back. On a side note, I did finally get to try EoS when vacationing in Vegas last year. We stayed at Planet Hollywood and I was so excited when I found out they had an EoS onsite! We had breakfast there almost daily. So good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!