The Magic is in St. Thomas today

I was on that January 25th cruise with you. Did you think that it was a nightmare tendering....YIKES! Capt Tom said that they only have to tender there a few times a year, we were just lucky.... Great weather though, and Capt Tom was great sailing around storms and changing courses into the sun!!:sunny:

The Magic sure looks pretty sitting there!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
I was on that January 25th cruise with you. Did you think that it was a nightmare tendering....YIKES!

I agree. The tendering process wasn't to smooth. However, we only made a brief visit ashore. We preferred to stay on ship and play while it was not crowded. DS 5 ended up falling asleep in our cabin after lunch, which worked out great (he was tired after the early morning immigration check). Our verandah faced the town, so DH and I enjoyed a nice quiet afternoon just chatting and drinking cocktails. DS woke up just as we were pulling out of port.

It was the most perfect afternoon, and whenever I glimpse the Magic tendering I think of that!

Originally posted by Favorite Auntie
I was on that January 25th cruise with you. Did you think that it was a nightmare tendering....YIKES! Capt Tom said that they only have to tender there a few times a year, we were just lucky.... Great weather though, and Capt Tom was great sailing around storms and changing courses into the sun!!:sunny:

What is tendering???

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

Originally posted by DizzyLaura
What is tendering???

Dizzy Laura

Its a procedure where they use small boats to ferry you to shore from the ship because a space at the port either isn't available or doesn't exist. The only port that requires tendering routinely is grand cayman.

Thanks for the answer tigfanjeff! I think of tendering cash...so I had a hard time understanding what that had to do with being in the ports and docking!! Well, I've just been educated. I hope I don't have to go through that nightmare in a week and a half!!

DizzyLaura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter