The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into chanel hydra beauty serum and a trick someone taught me is you don't need to use a lot of it especially with oily skin, just very minimal.

For powder and such look into amazing cosmetics, they are mineral based but it's completely different then bare minerals with how it looks on your skin.

For the Amazing cosmetics, do you use the mineral powder or the liquid foundation?

The Phillips Milk of Magnesia is not really a primer, per say. It helps absorb the oil when applied with a very light hand. You can use it a bit heavier for a mask at home too.
The primer would be the Chafing gel made by Monistat. It has a silicone base and is does the same job as the more expensive brands. I can't use it though. :(

The MoM does tone down redness/unevenness. Il Makiage used to make "primers" that were blue, green and yellow based similar to MoM in consistency that corrected skin tone under your makeup. QVC sold them 20 years ago (lol) and they really made a difference in the skin.

What's everyone's opinion on Dior Show mascara? Sephora had deluxe samples for VIBs so I finally got some. I don't know if it was because of all the hype surrounding it, but I was seriously disappointed. I hardly noticed any added volume or length, and I tend to be pretty heavy-handed when it comes to mascara. I think I'll stick with my Lash Injection from Too Faced.

What's everyone's opinion on Dior Show mascara? Sephora had deluxe samples for VIBs so I finally got some. I don't know if it was because of all the hype surrounding it, but I was seriously disappointed. I hardly noticed any added volume or length, and I tend to be pretty heavy-handed when it comes to mascara. I think I'll stick with my Lash Injection from Too Faced.

I've not tried that one but I'll make a note to stay away from it. I like one of benefits mascara

Along with the plethora of make up I've tried in my quest to tone down the oil on my face, I've also tried a krap load of mascara. I have not found one that works better than the other, so I use L'Oreal. The Dior was alright, but I was not overwhelmed with the results so I didn't feel it was worth the hefty price tag.

The Phillips Milk of Magnesia is not really a primer, per say. It helps absorb the oil when applied with a very light hand. You can use it a bit heavier for a mask at home too.
The primer would be the Chafing gel made by Monistat. It has a silicone base and is does the same job as the more expensive brands. I can't use it though. :(

The MoM does tone down redness/unevenness. Il Makiage used to make "primers" that were blue, green and yellow based similar to MoM in consistency that corrected skin tone under your makeup. QVC sold them 20 years ago (lol) and they really made a difference in the skin.

I have tried the Chafing gel by Monistat, but like the others it actually made my skin even oilier. The MOM does an okay job. I apply it with a cotton ball after my oil free moisturizer. I have tried so many primers I really can't count and one has not worked superbly over another. By noon, I'm blotting and using 4-5 blotting sheets at a time.

Well I have skin that is prone to being oily. I use retin-A because I also have problems with acne. Retin-A is very drying and after using it for a while my skin isn't nearly as oily. It's a prescription from my Dr. I think retin-A can be found in many over the counter creams but not as strong. Also, I use a clarisonic with a face wash that has salicylic acid. I also exfoliate twice a week and have microdermabrasions 3 times a year at my dermatologist's office.

http://www.amazon.com/Revision-Brig...3458683&sr=1-1&keywords=brightening+face+wash

That's what works best for me. Hope you find an answer! I know how frustrating it is to be shiny!

ME TOO! I was at my hair dresser the other day and they have now hired someone to do facials. She wanted to do one on me and I told her that I have problem skin and would not chance it. I told he I used the clairisonic every day and she said it was not a good idea because it takes off the protective barrier and makes your face freckle more. I am going to try to use it only three times a week but using it every day has been the only way to keep down the break outs.

Along with the plethora of make up I've tried in my quest to tone down the oil on my face, I've also tried a krap load of mascara. I have not found one that works better than the other, so I use L'Oreal. The Dior was alright, but I was not overwhelmed with the results so I didn't feel it was worth the hefty price tag.

Have you tried Tarte Lights Camera Lashes along with their pre treater in the white tube. I love them. Yes, They're Real from Benefit is good but unless you really clean it off each night it builds up and when it does run on your face it is very hard to get off. Tarte has a new one that was exclusive to QVC until September. It is called Lights Cameras Flashes. My son's GF works for ULTA and they gave her a free one to try. She loves it but they will not be able to sell it till the fall.

I have tried the Chafing gel by Monistat, but like the others it actually made my skin even oilier. The MOM does an okay job. I apply it with a cotton ball after my oil free moisturizer. I have tried so many primers I really can't count and one has not worked superbly over another. By noon, I'm blotting and using 4-5 blotting sheets at a time.

If you use Trish McEvoy primer? Some times the primers have "cones" in them and I find that increases the oily feeling. AS for foundation I just recently discovered Laura Geller Baked. I like it and it does not run off my face or feel oily. Here to you can get it for a good price on qVC but you are better off to get it an ULTA because there is no shipping and you can return it easily Do not think that it is like Bare Minerals. It is not it is a baked cream so when it goes on you get good coverage and your face does not look like you fell into a flour barrel as it does with Bare Minerals.

Have you tried Tarte Lights Camera Lashes along with their pre treater in the white tube. I love them. Yes, They're Real from Benefit is good but unless you really clean it off each night it builds up and when it does run on your face it is very hard to get off. Tarte has a new one that was exclusive to QVC until September. It is called Lights Cameras Flashes. My son's GF works for ULTA and they gave her a free one to try. She loves it but they will not be able to sell it till the fall.

Ill have to try that one, its about same price as benefit online. Thanks!

If you use Trish McEvoy primer? Some times the primers have "cones" in them and I find that increases the oily feeling. AS for foundation I just recently discovered Laura Geller Baked. I like it and it does not run off my face or feel oily. Here to you can get it for a good price on qVC but you are better off to get it an ULTA because there is no shipping and you can return it easily Do not think that it is like Bare Minerals. It is not it is a baked cream so when it goes on you get good coverage and your face does not look like you fell into a flour barrel as it does with Bare Minerals.

I will add these to my list of make up to try :) There are SOOOOO MANY brands you can get lost in it all.

I will add these to my list of make up to try :) There are SOOOOO MANY brands you can get lost in it all.

You need to use the primer with Lights Camera Lashes. It is the same price as the mascara but it stays on but comes off and does not back up like the Benefit.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned my addiction to Ray Ban sunglasses (which is an extension of my make up addiction or is an off shoot?). Anyway, for those interested I found a great deal on Ray Bans at the Bloomingdales outlet store (usually located in the Premium Outlet Malls). They had over 150 pr of RB's in a huge variety of styles and they were all 89.00 which would be a great deal in itself but then if you spend 100.00 you get an additional 20.00 off (NOT hard t do) in effect they cost 69.00. I got another pair (and must be kept away from this store for a long long time. The salesperson actually apologized she said they are discounted because they do not have cases for them. Really? Like I could SELL them RB cases as well as Vera Bradley cases so that was NOT a problem. She put them in a soft pouch which was also a cleaning cloth.

Also, while in the store (or should I say as I walked in ) they had a table with Mk bags marked down and THEN with another 40%off. I found a bEAUTIFUL MK hobo in deep turquoise(my son's gf's favorite color) and the end price was ....wait for it 72!! Retail was 348. There was NOTHING wrong with it and it was stuffed with the origianl tissue inside. Looked like it had not been touched by human hands. They had lots more of them in differnet styles and colors. Between that store and the 65% off mark down at Coach I pretty much got most of my Christmas Shopping done.

They also had some great CK leather belts marked down and then an additional mark down.
Going to this store was a really bad thing for me. I never usually go in and had to hold myself back because of the HUGE bargains on high end mdse.
Blommies Outlets are located in Premium OUtlet Malls. NEVER bothered to go in before......will never go to the mall without making it my first stop from now on.
If you go, be sure and get the VIP on line coupons b/c they give you an extra 20.00 off a hundred That was how I got the bag so inexpensivly/

I need a moisturizer to use. My face is oily in some areas, still get breakouts. Anyone have a recommendation that Ulta carries? I've got a coupon I need to use by this weekend.

I need a moisturizer to use. My face is oily in some areas, still get breakouts. Anyone have a recommendation that Ulta carries? I've got a coupon I need to use by this weekend.

I have struggling to find that "perfect combo" and I FINALLY DID! Twice a day, FAITHFULLY, I use Proactive. In the morning after I do the 3 steps, I use Boots Expert Shine Control. I've also used Benefit moisturizer with great results. Anything that's oil-free will be perfect.

so I posted this in it's own thread, but I may get better answers here... on a recent cruise I had a facial using LaTherapie Paris products, and I LOVED the result. My face is oily and I have a blotch of rosacea on the side of my nose. After the facial, my skin looked smooth, even-toned and not oily at all. I could barely see the rosacea. Even the next morning and day, I was happy with how my skin looked. On day 2 it returned to it's normal condition.

I get regular facials at a local spa (they use Elemis), and have never looked good after a facial. I just came home from one, and I'm oily and blotchy, like always. I thought it was normal to look like this after a facial, because I always have. But not w/ the LaTherapie products.

Has anyone used these products? The woman on the cruise said they couldn't sell it in the US, but I can get it on the cruise because it's in international waters. She also stated something like the doctor who makes this product in Paris was having issues with some batches and they were scarce for a while. That didn't give me the best feeling. I hate to lay out a few hundred dollars and buy from Amazon if people have heard bad things about the company, etc.

tia if anyone has any info on them :)

edited to add... how does your face look right after a facial? My face looks so blotchy, even now, 8 hours later. Is this normal?

so I posted this in it's own thread, but I may get better answers here... on a recent cruise I had a facial using LaTherapie Paris products, and I LOVED the result. My face is oily and I have a blotch of rosacea on the side of my nose. After the facial, my skin looked smooth, even-toned and not oily at all. I could barely see the rosacea. Even the next morning and day, I was happy with how my skin looked. On day 2 it returned to it's normal condition.

I get regular facials at a local spa (they use Elemis), and have never looked good after a facial. I just came home from one, and I'm oily and blotchy, like always. I thought it was normal to look like this after a facial, because I always have. But not w/ the LaTherapie products.

Has anyone used these products? The woman on the cruise said they couldn't sell it in the US, but I can get it on the cruise because it's in international waters. She also stated something like the doctor who makes this product in Paris was having issues with some batches and they were scarce for a while. That didn't give me the best feeling. I hate to lay out a few hundred dollars and buy from Amazon if people have heard bad things about the company, etc.

tia if anyone has any info on them :)

edited to add... how does your face look right after a facial? My face looks so blotchy, even now, 8 hours later. Is this normal?

I stopped getting facials because I don't like the results. I really like microdermabrasion.

I have struggling to find that "perfect combo" and I FINALLY DID! Twice a day, FAITHFULLY, I use Proactive. In the morning after I do the 3 steps, I use Boots Expert Shine Control. I've also used Benefit moisturizer with great results. Anything that's oil-free will be perfect.

I wanted to get the Benefit one but it was sold out. I got bare minerals combination. I'll see how it does. I also picked up the Tarte mascara that was recommended.

Eight hours later isn't that normal, I don't think! One hour afterwards is okay, but at eight hours afterwards your skin should be functioning normally and replenishing its natural oils etc. Is your skin usually sensitive? You might want to discuss changing products next time you get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter