The Membership # Wait

Have you called? My deed was recorded last Thursday and I got my number today.
Wow really!!!! Congrats. Yes I called today, spoke with Brian, he was so helpful, even called MA I'm guessing, to check directly. Said they were backed up, hopefully soon. Can't believe I'm getting closer and closer to booking our January trip. It's a wait, but the outcome is so exciting

I would call back and see if you could get someone else...we got ours 8 days after! It actually was transferred 7 days after but I called too early in the day!

I was getting anxious waitng so i checked online and saw deed was recorded on the 16th, called yesterday and after the second call received all my information needed to set up everything. Member#, id#, one time use Pass code. When I got home was surprised i even had letter that they sent out with the membership #. If you haven't gotten this I'd be calling.

We closed on 5/25. I was thinking of calling tomorrow to see if we could get the Membership # and activation code. Do you think its too early and I should wait at least a full week?

It took a little over a week for my new contract to be added to my existing membership. The points have not loaded yet but I've seen this before with other contracts and I'm not concerned. Given that the resale agent I used had informed me that it could take up to 3 weeks, I was surprised to see the contract added as of this morning. Good luck to the rest of you! It looks like MS has been pretty quick with the process lately.

We closed on 5/25. I was thinking of calling tomorrow to see if we could get the Membership # and activation code. Do you think its too early and I should wait at least a full week?
I figure about 8 business days if you're already a member, and 10 business days if you're a new member.

Please don't call unless you really need the information to start booking. They aren't supposed to give out your new member number over the phone, and the more people who call only make it less likely to work in the future. Don't call just because you're curious.

I agree with what supersnoop said. Please do not call within a week. The unwritten rule you'll find here on the boards is to call in on day 14 after deed recording.

I agree with what supersnoop said. Please do not call within a week. The unwritten rule you'll find here on the boards is to call in on day 14 after deed recording.
Has it been established that the member accounting team should not be giving the # out over the phone but they will make exception(s) if someone urgently needs to book? If not, what I'm hoping to do is book one of the last minute reservations that is showing up for the summer. Since these change week to week, I'm not sure if I wait the 2 weeks D-Trick is suggesting those will still be available. Its different than most, I admit, but we'd really like to use some of our extra points before we have to bank them.

Update: called today and they looked but didn't have the # yet. It seemed they were more than happy to help on the phone and mentioned to ask them to check again next time I called (as some CMs put less effort into it than others). She obviously knew I was resale as well, but hearing that it sounded more welcoming and friendly. Lets hope it will be the same next time I call (I'll wait at least a week) and it will be available.

Last edited:
Has it been established that the member accounting team should not be giving the # out over the phone but they will make exception(s) if someone urgently needs to book? If not, what I'm hoping to do is book one of the last minute reservations that is showing up for the summer. Since these change week to week, I'm not sure if I wait the 2 weeks D-Trick is suggesting those will still be available. Its different than most, I admit, but we'd really like to use some of our extra points before we have to bank them.
If you need to book immediately, then call. Again, I recommend waiting 10 business days from recording to call. But be aware that those "last minute" options are not real-time and are likely already gone.

So pleased for you. I've been following your saga - did you get a friendlier CM today on the phone today? And, did you manage to make your reservation, I think you wanted a January stay?

I've only got one that said, it would be in the mail, every one else was extremely helpful. While we were talking, she asked for my email, and said not that's not it, i thought um, must have been the one with finance company, she still said no, but it's your whole last name, and it hit me. I already have a My Disney Experience profile, and she was even surprised I hadn't received anything yet. She provided my log on and activation code, and stayed on ensure I was able to log on. Our trip isn't scheduled till the 8th, I would like to see what's available at the other resorts. We got our plane tickets though, at a good rate!!!

My points finally loaded in my account and...

...now the online booking engine is down! :headache:

I've only got one that said, it would be in the mail, every one else was extremely helpful. While we were talking, she asked for my email, and said not that's not it, i thought um, must have been the one with finance company, she still said no, but it's your whole last name, and it hit me. I already have a My Disney Experience profile, and she was even surprised I hadn't received anything yet. She provided my log on and activation code, and stayed on ensure I was able to log on. Our trip isn't scheduled till the 8th, I would like to see what's available at the other resorts. We got our plane tickets though, at a good rate!!!

You'll have to wait to book of course but you can view availability at all the resorts up to 11 months out by using the Resort availability tool located under the Plan Vacations tab. It's only under the online booking that you are restricted to a home resort if outside the 7 month window. Availability can still change before the 8th but you can see what's still there and plan what you might want to try for.

Update - from earlier posts. We finally made it! The letter came in the mail on Friday and we were all so excited to try using the booking system.

Alas, I tried to link to my existing Disney account. It asked for my club ID and activation code, neither of which are actually in the letter! So I called MS, but due to some DVD technical difficulties over the weekend, we couldn't get the activation until Monday. Called back Monday and Rock the CM was a total rock star. He explained I needed the club ID and provided it over the phone. He helped me get set up to make a reservation. He must have known we were new members and treated us well. He also mentioned something about a DVC RSVP website where they can set up a phone call with new members and pointed to me a place where I could get a temporary ID membership card for an upcoming trip. Even though we bought resale, we felt like valued members. We also still have access to the top of the world and that's a pretty cool perk. We wouldn't have thought we received anything with our membership beside the points, so were glad he pointed it out and will definitely go there to check it out.

I set up a call this weekend with the RSVP people. Maybe they will try to get us to talk about an add-on. Anyone else have any experience with them, and what questions to ask, etc?

Good luck to all and see you in the magical world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter