The monorail and ferry

PHD

Registered
This may belong in the rumors forum, so I apologize if so.

How do you think Disney will handle transportation from the TTC to MK when reopening? Social distancing will cause major headaches for monorail capacity. This would also affect lines and distancing in those lines, as well. The ferry would be a more viable option, as it is open air and sectioning off areas would be easier.

Any thoughts?

I think the monorail will close off sections of seating to create more distancing and the ferry will board less people for the same reason. Since capacity at the parks will be lower there might not be too big a problem.

For the monorail, put plexiglass in the middle. Maximum two families per car (one on each side of the plexi. And maybe a limit of how many per "family" on each side.

The monorail is going to be an issue so I doubt it is running when they open. Ferry as well. My guess is a fleet of buses with only every other row (no standing). Caapcity per bus will be low but can make up for it with more buses.

Not so sure about that bus option. Most Disney buses have just a single line of seats on each side of the bus, facing inward,all the way down both sides - no?

Not so sure about that bus option. Most Disney buses have just a single line of seats on each side of the bus, facing inward,all the way down both sides - no?

The new ones. If they use some of the older style they have seats in the back 2 facing the front on each side. Sometimes 2 facing the front with 2 directly across from them facing the back. My guess would be they would do their best to only use the new buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!