The most amazing acts of kindness at Disney

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
I have been going to WDW for years and have enjoyed many acts of kindness from strangers. Just 2 weeks ago, I was at Epcot at the beginning of the fireworks. I bought the kids some Food and Wine plates but forgot to get forks. Being that that fireworks was about to start, I told them to just eat it with their fingers. Right after I said that, some people handed me a bunch of forks. I took the forks and as I looked to thank the people, they had already disappeared! DS12 said, "Wow, where did they come from?"

On a different day, I went to the Water Parks to float around with my baby. I wanted one of those new floating chairs, but none were available, so I floated with the baby on a ring, which worked out find. Then a beautiful young black girl floated by me, sitting on a float chair, and she just got off her chair and told me to sit in it, it was easier with the baby!

But the most amazing act of kindness I've experienced was this one time when I was visiting the Contemporary Resort. It was my first time there, and I took the monorail to arrive, only to find out that the only want I could get off the monorail station was by going down an extremely narrow escalator. I was pushing a big single stroller for my 5 year old, and the stroller was too wide to go into the escalator. I was so shocked that the Contemporary has such a horribly narrow escalator that I didn't think of folding the stroller to make it work. So I turned around and was going to get back on the monorail and just get out of there.

That's when a black mother and son showed up. They were both skinny, tall, and extremely well dressed in an African way. They just walked up to me and said in accented English, without me saying anything,

"It's no problem, we'll take it down for you!"

And before I answered, the mother and son each picked up one end of the unfold stroller, lifted it straight up over their heads, and got on the escalator and went down. It wasn't necessary to lift the stroller that high up, but they did it like that's how they normal lifted things. After I got over my surprise, I also got on the escalator and went down with my kids. By the time I got to the bottom, they had already put the stroller down and walked off.

My 5 year old is now 12, but I've never forgotten that wonderful experience.

So lovely! I love when other guests make magic for each other. It's something I always try to do as well and it brings me so much joy! Thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter