The Most EPIC Pre-Trip Report - Group PTR for 2019!! List of TRIP REPORTS added

How should we spend a girls night out in WDW?

• Jellyrolls

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Yehaw Bob

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Disney Springs

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Monorail Bar Crawl

Votes: 100 51.3%
  • Lounge at AKL

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Watch Avengers 4

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Happily Ever After Dessert Party (no booze)

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Illuminations Dessert Party

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • I'm tired I think I'll sleep...

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for posting this, Su-Lynn! I'm SO very excited that I was able to get out of school for a few days to join on this MOST Epic trip!!

You're most welcome! I'm so excited you are coming!!!

I hope this part of the plan works out!!

...but let's just say I will not be disappointed with some Monorail crawlin'!

Me too! :)

Or Cinco de ME-o, as I like to call it!!! I'm very excited to spend my birthday at WDW for the first time ever!! and with all of you, it's sure to be the most fun ever!

YES!!! How fun!!

@chunkymonkey Where are we meeting for the Illumination's cruise??? I still need to pay for that too...:sail:

What @Lesley Wake said! Pretty much over by the Yacht/Beach Club docks at 7:30. Most likely all or some of us will be together somewhere in epcot or at some bar nearby.

It's getting closer!!!! Thanks, @chunkymonkey for all your hard work!!!!:love::worship::love::worship:

You're most welcome!!!

Thanks for posting all that Su-Lynn. Looks like there's one day where I'll be in the same park as the group. May 3 I'll be in MK. If anyone is interested in a quick meet, PM me or post here or on my TR.

YES. Is my answer.

I wouldn't be able to go to this because I would eat all of the eggrolls and upset everyone :rotfl:

But seriously, when we did this back in September, the girl at the table next to us was complaining to who she was with about me for taking all of the egg rolls. While she sat there with 2x as many eggrolls on her one plate than I took all night in multiple trips :confused3 I mean the eggrolls were delicious, no judgement there, but don't complain about me for taking 4 the one time I was before you in line (leaving at least 10 rolls in the pan) when you're sitting there with 14 on your plate.

Omg can't believe you were called out for eggroll hogging!! :rotfl: To me that is a mark of pride so you just ignore her and eat at all the eggrolls you want.
I'll be following along in spirit! :wave:

Should I insert paper Alison and Fran into the TR? :rotfl:

I'll be interested to hear your take on this. I would have loved to do this on our March trip, but my parents would not have enjoyed it. If they are still doing it in October, I may really want to do it!

All of your plans sound wonderful! You should have a great time with all the ladies in all the different activities you have planned!

I will definitely let you know how it is! Oops I forgot to book it though, will do so soon!

Wish you were coming! But what are your dates in October?
It looks like I won't be able to make it in March. :( Our budget is a bit tight (who knew funerals could cost SO MUCH?) and our airfare in Feb and March are more than expected. So I don't think I will make that trip. Still holding on to my room reservation though, in case of an airfare sale...

Wow what an awesome trip you have planned out! Sounds like so much fun. If there is ever any way I can find to sneak down there for the weekend I'd definitely be up for the EPCOT around the World part. I was thinking of just going and avoiding the parks, but I'm not sure I could really do that. I'd also be up for O'Hana for sure...and I while I love your plan to hang at TOTWL, with a large group that's really tough to do. We've had a hard enough time finding ways to hang out as groups of 4 and 6 people, but being DVC members I'd happily help get people up there if needed.

Maybe after I get my taxes done I'll find some "extra" money available to take a quick trip! :)

Would love it if you could join!! We still have a few spots for Ohana!! Let me know if you do decide to make it!! :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have been so absent from the boards lately, ugh! New Year's Resolution to get back here more often!

Wednesday May 1st:
Some of us are arriving at various times today (I haven't purchased flights yet but hope to land sometime in the early afternoon) but a bunch of us have already booked the:
Happily Ever After After Fireworks Dessert Party!

vxdtLpe11BigOOASd7YgzcxbaKfWp_lOw3LgUj4Ri0xnM5zWsml80c_XNjmMs1qRBi95YCfw4WIvEQogVe6G2iglMqQ_gxu1ymTm_jp_YDAzzFsRaRnwmpBDt5MkF-21wMb8fYLDagpCh3b3KOZp6dU-KEqL6yOoaVFXTxZjYu0PmEp3VgvxNVQJn1VNwdh2VPmUwamF_oiLrPNfm_NCX5KeMLtfkaDMG_oAvFk28RNTS0p9nW4Ym0fjcCo3XG6DrKFwP_4k6JRfskwD0FLvb9gIKFQIrrkTDnEqjHI9KrGO73mfsEtibeU-a7jixkkgLxWn7a0Xyh8eoqQ6-isPNIpnk7u_b2Dckjk5rsfsIA7EY8uMrHP7CpGR3JsIMdJ5_WNrZDd_RUuJ38NcFwHftZ7CUaPwERVYv9c6kGVQhWvwxsfEaVZArocHNdjHIvtAc9aHZOggtHPHyS6r3j35slWBjINlYzF5m8zKpn4zdEetqK2tK7Zp2GM226NmGfbZN9ndvw2ReCTDZLrF842aagLJNLV73iB1J0YytB1YSFQrQQj3_tEXUqmRvP6splCYAenMn0-1z5Ba3RLamOM_xeEXPK3L0OFm-NYmsEbAAS4jZsfu7nOWtBNjEriuBMUSg6lBjWUYHwgDwen0E8hZ6Ro0Jg=w266-h355-no

I don't think I've mentioned this in our facebook group yet, but my husband has insisted I ditch him and join you guys for this! We're flying Red Eye the night before, and I have no issue sleeping on planes, but he doesn't, so he wants to eat Earl of Sandwich and go to bed early :rotfl:

Later that night a group of us are headed to...Hoop Dee Doo Review! I've never been and I'm looking forward to this event!
hoop-dee-doo-group-with-instruments-16x9.jpg

I'm really surprised you've never been before! I went back in 2016, so I'm looking forward to going back again!

I'm very excited to spend my birthday at WDW for the first time ever!! and with all of you, it's sure to be the most fun ever!

It's your birthday that weekend!? How exciting!

Also - thank you @chunkymonkey and @Lesley Wake for taking my crazy idea and turning it into this amazing trip! You guys are the best!

Some of us will be doing the new Taste of Magic Kingdom VIP Tour in the morning. I think this sounds really fun! Not sure what to expect but probably some good snacks! I believe the tour is from 9:00am to 12:00pm

Wish I could get there earlier in the day, but stupid W. Coast travel. :(

After dinner we were going to hop on the monorail to see if we can all get up to Top of the World Lounge for more libations and to watch HEA. We have quite a few DVC members who can get people in so hopefully they will not be daunted by our large group that night. If we can't, no worries we will just monorail bar hop!

Super, super excited for this!

The LARGE GROUP will then collectively meet in Epcot World Showcase (Time TBD but probably after 1pm. Where shall we meet? International Gateway? France for some La Vie en Roses?) for some drinking and eating around the World!! This should be a really fun activity and we encourage anyone visiting Epcot that day to come tour the world with us! There will be plenty of pictures, lots of drinks, and numerous Flower and Garden eats!

Can. Not. Wait.

My vote is IG near the exit to the main path. That way, those of us who are coming from the front of the park don't have to walk down to the dock. Does that make sense?

We will end the evening with a spectacular Illuminations Cruise. We have to be at the dock at around 7:30pm. We have 3 boats! How exciting!!
epcot.jpg

I've never done a cruise or dessert party, so looking forward to this too.

At around 10:15am we have another group event

Hmmm, I had 11:00 down on my spreadsheet, so glad I saw this. Will change it now.

Our late afternoon is free although some may head back to Epcot for some more eating and drinking! It IS Cinco de Mayo afterall!

We'll be in MK after brunch, anyone is welcome to join...

Today is the day many of us depart but some of us will be enjoying an Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian!!
afternoon-tea-gallery01.jpg

I"m in love with this Tea.

:goodvibes

What ever will I wear?

Considering I'm bringing your wardrobe, you can take your pick!

I don't think I've mentioned this in our facebook group yet, but my husband has insisted I ditch him and join you guys for this! We're flying Red Eye the night before, and I have no issue sleeping on planes, but he doesn't, so he wants to eat Earl of Sandwich and go to bed early :rotfl:

YAY!!! How fun!!!

I'm really surprised you've never been before! I went back in 2016, so I'm looking forward to going back again!

Nope ever been. I've never even been to Fort Wilderness.

Also - thank you @chunkymonkey and @Lesley Wake for taking my crazy idea and turning it into this amazing trip! You guys are the best!

Thanks for finally giving us the boost to do this!!!
It all started with you!

Wish I could get there earlier in the day, but stupid W. Coast travel. :(

But you are going to be there and that counts!! :)

Can. Not. Wait.

My vote is IG near the exit to the main path. That way, those of us who are coming from the front of the park don't have to walk down to the dock. Does that make sense?

Hmm, so, near the bridge that goes to France?

Hmmm, I had 11:00 down on my spreadsheet, so glad I saw this. Will change it now.

Yup I think we have a 10:35am and a 10:20am ADR so we wanted to see if we could all sit in the same area in adjacent tables so we should go a little earlier since our party is so big!

Thanks for posting all that Su-Lynn. Looks like there's one day where I'll be in the same park as the group. May 3 I'll be in MK. If anyone is interested in a quick meet, PM me or post here or on my TR.

Ooooh me me me! We'll be in MK that morning. If our schedules mesh, I'd love to do a quick meet!

I can't wait for this trip! There are so many new experiences planned and new friends to be made. Best. Trip. Ever!!!

Last edited:
How did I miss this? Oh wait... I've been MIA from the boards for months :rotfl2:

This sounds like such fun! I will be around 5/4-5 with one of my Disney-fan friends celebrating the end of our semesters! We may extend 1-2 days after (not before, I'll have so much grading to finish) but I have 5 vacation days that will need to be used by June 1.

I don't think I've visited this PTR yet!! Wow...I'm so sad that there's no way I can make this trip work. My consolation is I will be travelling with my mom near that time :)) So it's not all bad, but this trip will be so Epic...so many DISfriends in one place...I would have so loved to meet you all!! Looking forward to the pictures and the stories and TR's though so I can live vicariously!!

I'm joining in for the PTR! This looks like so much fun. Many events/dinners/experiences that I have never done but have always wanted to try, so reading about them hear once you all go on this awesome trip will be great!

--Alison

the-muppets-great-muppet-caper-HTEoKQsv5A4Ug

Wanted to check in on our PTR with my Dis girls! Important things happened today! First, regarding our trip... I went on the MDE app today and our fp window was randomly open. So of course that brings me to my dilemma for the May weekend... do I renew my AP or just buy Florida resident promo tickets?

I have had a gold AP since my bachelorette last April and of course that means it’s expiring before our Epic dismeet. My mom and R’s APs don’t expire until October. The cost for buying individual tickets is just a few more dollars than 50% of an AP renewal... so the question is will I get back to WDW before October? I think I’m answering my own question on this one. We do also have Universal APs good through next February so it’s making the decision harder. I feel like I want to decide ASAP to take advantage of my random super early FP window even though we had amazing luck with modify and refresh on our last trip and got really hard to score FPs same day checking that way. I might want to ride slinky again though so I would want advance fp!

Also my Mickey mail came today!!! DME luggage tags arrived and so did my new My Fantasy Band magic band decals. I got the purple wall, monorail, and small world. I love Erin’s products and she threw in some great corresponding Mickey covers and a “home” puck decal as well.

In other Disney news. Since I don’t have my own PTR and I haven’t done well maintaining my year of Disney TR, I was really excited about the possibility of doing a whole week in Orlando for R’s spring break next month in April! Except... R wasn’t as excited.

no-please-miss-piggy-WEi3xK5Ji7Vra

He wanted to go to the beach, I wanted to go to Disney/Universal... what’s a gal to do? Well somehow the subject of another cruise came up... we did a Royal Caribbean western 7 night on Freedom back in 2015, and I didn’t love it. I just couldn’t relax with my little OCD planner brain worrying about dining times, shore excursions, all aboard deadlines, etc. plus we were traveling with my mom and sister and I really worried about everyone having a great time. Well somehow amidst our searching and negotiation we have decided on a 5 night sailing on RCI Brilliance out of Tampa- it’s a Monday through Friday so R gets his beach days and the weekends pre and post cruise I get my theme park time. Well of course after I started getting excited about this cruise it jumped in price about $400 for the stateroom we wanted.. it came back down a little today so we grabbed a forward stateroom that looks like it has a little bump of extra balcony. And I still get Flower and Garden and Universal time. Shore excursion, Uni hotel, Disney hotel (offsite at Flamingo Crossings again) all booked today!

diva-miss-piggy-the-muppet-show-yUxnL09uNpSyA

I am feeling like Wonder Pig!

So my Mickey mail was just the icing on the cake.

Also for those I haven’t already gushed to (@Jenny Sanders) we added a night before our Poly stay in May at OKW. We are super excited to get to have Olivia’s breakfast again! Maybe @fallonkendra and Mr. Luke will be around, but even if not, we just fell in love with the resort and are looking forward to staying there. Plus I think the rooms will be mostly refurbed or out of inventory for active work so we should get a nice fresh studio!

What a great weekend. Hope you all face Monday as refreshed and excited as I am!!!

(I’m not sure if those gifs will show up, if not they’re all Miss Piggy :cutie:)

OMG!!!! I am soooooo excited to be making my way back to Olivia's...When is your reservation????????? We are dining there on May 2nd at 10 am...:P:P:P

We won’t be getting in until late on the 2nd unfortunately :sad1: but it is better than getting in on the 3rd as originally planned!! We had luck before just going to Olivia’s when it was convenient and without an ADR so I think we’ll probably eat there in the morning on the 3rd before heading over to the Poly for a pool day!

so did my new My Fantasy Band magic band decals. I got the purple wall, monorail, and small world. I love Erin’s products and she threw in some great corresponding Mickey covers and a “home” puck decal as well.

I love Erin, too! :) I just got my decals the other day, and was super excited to see I also got the little Home decal :)

I'm jealous the FP window opened, but won't work for me!! Luckily, I have @Pluto0809 in my corner. She was able to take care of my really hard to get FPs, so whenever I finally get in, I'll still be fine with whatever I can get.

We won’t be getting in until late on the 2nd unfortunately :sad1: but it is better than getting in on the 3rd as originally planned!! We had luck before just going to Olivia’s when it was convenient and without an ADR so I think we’ll probably eat there in the morning on the 3rd before heading over to the Poly for a pool day!

They always have availability...At least we will get to see each other over the weekend!!!8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!