The most magical first birthday! - A Sept 2019 PTR - UPDATED 8/22!

It's awesome that you're able to leave Alex with family while you're working. We were so blessed that our sitter (a friend who feels like family!) had a spot in her home day care for Jimmy when it was time for me to go back to work. He was right down the street, too, so that was an amazing bonus when I was able to sneak away and see him during the day :)

We really like the themeing of T-Rex, but just a little note of caution. When the "meteor shower" happens there are parts of the restaurant that are louder/darker/scarier than others. Jimmy was 2 when we ate there the first time and he FLIPPED OUT. We were totally unprepared for how loud it would be since it was our first visit, so just an FYI.

My cousin isn't close enough for me to sneak away, but she does send me pictures and videos throughout the day which tide me over until I get to go pick him up!

That's a good point about T-Rex. Things have changed around a bit but I will get to that..

I am so excited to read your PreTR/TR!

We will be going just the week before you and bringing our (at the time) 1yr9mo old! I am a little nervous about a Tiny in the parks but since she is already walking so I'll be a bit ahead of the game, I'll be interested to learn how you handle your tiny at the world!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm a little nervous to have the baby in the parks too, but friends of ours have done it and told us to just take it easy and know going into it that there are going to be mishaps. If you can just roll with it, then it will be great. This will be a different trip for us, but I think we can roll with it!

Joining in!

I don't think I ever caught the end of your TR (I didn't find the "watched threads" tab until very recently!) so congrats on your sweet baby boy! How exciting to be going for his first birthday! My DH keeps acting like we are going to wait forever to bring whatever kids we may have which I'll let him believe for now but that won't be the case! haha

HDDR sounds like a great choice for dinner! I'm sure your DH will be on board with whatever you pick haha

Welcome!

Thank you! I can't wait to bring him to my happy place! DH wanted to wait a while too but I told him this trip is for us to see his happiness, even if he won't remember it.

DH is the type that will say for me to book whatever, but then when we get there, he will download the MDE app and start looking at menus and want to change the plans. I have changed last minute things when I can but as you know that is not always the case lol. I am trying to get him to look earlier this time but so far, no dice.

Joining in! First off congratulations on your son, he's precious. My LO is turning a year old in March! It seems like yesterday I just brought him home from the hospital.

We recently tried 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and the entire family loved it! I recommend it for sure. Can't wait to read more on your upcoming trip.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Thank you! Congrats to you as well! It does fly by so fast. Alex will be 4 months on Friday and I can't even believe it!

I have wanted to try 1900 Park Fare! Not sure we can squeeze it in on this trip, but hopefully someday soon!

Big changes have been made! Update coming as soon as I can type it up!

Huge changes!!

Hold the phone... Stop the presses....

breakingnews-tile.png

So clearly I can't make any plans this far in advance because I am bound to make changes. When I left off I was trying to get my parents on board with coming. I did find out that we only had until February 10th to book free dining so I told Mom she had to book by then. She went on to see how much it was going to be and there was no availability at POR. I told her I would see what I could find. For the next two days I kept logging on to see what I could find.. which was not much to be honest.

d6044a866dab5dc27baa4813220e37d3.gif

I started entering in new criteria and the villas started to come up for our party size. That got me thinking... I crunched the numbers and reached out to some companies and got together all the info. I called Mom and asked her her thoughts and she was immediately on board! Now to convince my stepdad!

We went back and forth on text and finally Mom was able to talk him into it! So I sent info to the company and impatiently waited to hear back.

2ZaP.gif

Finally I heard back and it was available! Everyone was on board and we booked it.. So the dates are the same.. September 23rd-27th but we are now staying at.......

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!

dvcresorts-animal-kingdom-villas-kidanivillage-overview-HERO-900x360.jpg

In a two bedroom villa!!!!!

https://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Floor-Plan-Two-Bedroom-Villa-Kidani-Village-from-**************.net_.jpg

By doing this we did loose free dining.. however after crunching the numbers this way turns out to be cheaper per person even with us all getting the standard dining plan. We also asked MIL if she wants to come and she has agreed, so we will have more hands to help and we are so excited!

I was thinking about it and I am glad that we are staying deluxe because with Alex we are going to be spending more time in the room than we normally do. We are usually go-go-go people who are barely in the room, so we don't mind staying anywhere, but since we plan to spend more time in the room I am glad we are going to have nice accommodations.

So those are our huge changes.. we are now staying deluxe in a rented DVC villa!! DH is going to LOVE AKL and I am hoping that it will help me to get him to agree to eventually getting DVC for us!

OMG so exciting!!!! What incredible memories for everyone, especially having the grandmas on board!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you guys :)

YAY YAY YAY YAY!

AKL sounds like so much fun! I am so happy for you guys to found a room situation that works best for you! And the AKL looks so incredible.

That's SO exciting!! I'm glad you got your parents and MIL on board. And staying at AKL is going to be so fun!!

How exciting!! I feel like it will be nice to have everyone all together and in such a beautiful resort!

Also, UGH that wait to hear back about DVC rentals SUCKS! I am currently in that boat right now lol only for one night but it is a struggle thats FOR SURE

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I bet you will love AKL. A Royal Room is on my bucket list, but I would choose AKL for sure! Haha

We're also going in Sept! We've gone twice with a 1 year old, and it's so much fun ♡.

OMG so exciting!!!! What incredible memories for everyone, especially having the grandmas on board!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you guys :)

Thanks! I am so glad it all worked out and that we are going to have the grandparents with us!

YAY YAY YAY YAY!

AKL sounds like so much fun! I am so happy for you guys to found a room situation that works best for you! And the AKL looks so incredible.

Thanks! It was gorgeous when my mom and I stayed there last year, so I can't wait to show the rest of the crew why we loved it so much!

That's SO exciting!! I'm glad you got your parents and MIL on board. And staying at AKL is going to be so fun!!

Thanks! It really is so exciting!

How exciting!! I feel like it will be nice to have everyone all together and in such a beautiful resort!

Also, UGH that wait to hear back about DVC rentals SUCKS! I am currently in that boat right now lol only for one night but it is a struggle thats FOR SURE

Yeah, I am thinking it will be so much easier with everyone in one room. That way too if a grandparent takes Alex back to the room to go to bed, then we won't have to move a sleeping child to another room. And yes, AKL is beautiful!!

It really is! This is the first time I rented points, so I wasn't sure how the whole thing worked. I ended up sending an email just saying that this was my first time renting and do I need to do anything else and they were super nice and said "nope, just wait for confirmation." It was the longest two days ever lol!!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I bet you will love AKL. A Royal Room is on my bucket list, but I would choose AKL for sure! Haha

We're also going in Sept! We've gone twice with a 1 year old, and it's so much fun ♡.

Aw, thank you! I stayed at AKL last year with my mom, but the rest of our party has never been so I am excited for them to see it, especially DH. I just know that he is going to LOVE it!

Glad to hear it was fun! I keep going back and forth on hoping it's a blast and crossing my fingers for no major mishaps!

*************************************************************************************************

So we haven't booked flights just yet, but it is looking like we are going to be flying down in the afternoon on Monday and also midday Friday. I'm not loving this, but we want to make the trip affordable and also we have no idea how Alex will handle travel so it is a good thing to not overdo it.
With that being said, we will only have three full park days.

I am thinking Monday night we will hit MK because it's not a Disney trip until you get to MK! Since I still don't know about times I might just plan for a quick service dinner this night.

Tuesday I will plan for DHS or EPCOT in the morning. This night I was going to do the Halloween party, but I think I am going to scratch that idea. It's just an added expense and I don't think the whole party will want to go, so as much as it hurts me to pass it up, I think we are going to. Instead this night I am going to try to get HDDR.

Wednesday I am going to plan for AK for at least the morning. I will do our Tusker House breakfast this day. I know DH really wants to check out Pandora so I will try for those FPs this day. We will most likely pop over to EPCOT for dinner and snack on the Food and Wine booths.

Thursday I want to plan a full day at MK. This is going to be the most that Alex will be able to do and I really want him to get a full day. I have to plan a sit down this day. My parents and DH aren't huge on character meals, so my go-to of Crystal Palace is out, and I'm not sure if I am going to like anything on the new BOG pre fixe menu so I have to check that out too.

So we are scratching:
-MNSSHP
-T-Rex
-A whole park day :sad:

I have 30 days until ADR day, so I can really work these out and nail down a rough plan. I hate how much we are cutting out and how much on my bucket list we aren't going to be able to do, but I also want this to be an enjoyable time for everyone. I know that it's just going to be pure misery if I try to squeeze too much in.

Thoughts? Anything I am missing that I really should try to squeeze in?

I'm sorry you are having to cut things from your trip, but I'm sure (like most of us!) you've got a list for "next time." :)

I think you're smart not to try to squeeze too much in. If this feels like a comfortable amount of things for you to do, then go for it!

I think you're being smart cutting out things that may not be in everyone's best interest. As much as it may pain you! It still sounds like you will get to do a fair amount and hopefully you can do MNSSHP on another trip!!

I absolutely feel your pain! :goodvibes . Cutting out things that you really want to do is sooo hard!

I think no matter what you get to do you'll have a great time! Plus, not trying to do too much will give everyone a more relaxed trip which always seems to work out better!

I know that flight pain though. SW took away my late flights in both directions which really screwed up my plans. Thankfully DH was okay with adding on another night at the end!

I'm sorry you are having to cut things from your trip, but I'm sure (like most of us!) you've got a list for "next time." :)

I think you're smart not to try to squeeze too much in. If this feels like a comfortable amount of things for you to do, then go for it!

There is always a next time list LOL. But no, it makes much more sense that way. I really don't want to overdo it. This trip is supposed to be fun!

I think you're being smart cutting out things that may not be in everyone's best interest. As much as it may pain you! It still sounds like you will get to do a fair amount and hopefully you can do MNSSHP on another trip!!

Yeah, I agree. Alex will still be too little to really get MNSSHP too, so it will be better when he's older for sure!

I absolutely feel your pain! :goodvibes . Cutting out things that you really want to do is sooo hard!

It is, but I think it's for the best!

I think no matter what you get to do you'll have a great time! Plus, not trying to do too much will give everyone a more relaxed trip which always seems to work out better!

I know that flight pain though. SW took away my late flights in both directions which really screwed up my plans. Thankfully DH was okay with adding on another night at the end!

I do think things will work out best if we take the relaxation route. It just sucks to think about but I also have to remember that we will have a little person with us LOL.

Things are changing again.. and this time it's not my fault!

So as I am sure you have all heard by now, SW-GE will be open for our September trip. DH is thrilled. For those who followed along with past trips, he said that he wouldn't go back until Pandora, TSL, and SW land were all completed and when I booked this we thought SW wouldn't be done yet, so he was breaking his deal. When it was announced I did poke fun telling him that I did in fact keep up my end of the deal :rotfl: He also asked just minutes after the announcement if I could book FPs now :laughing: I told him that they weren't doing them at all and he said he is mad at me again lol.

So what does this mean for us? I think that the crowds are going to be majorly ramped up more than we were originally thinking, which sucks. It's not going to be as easy for us to take it slow with bigger crowds. Also, I really wanted to check out TSL and all that it has to offer but I am hearing that people think you might not even be able to get into HS :scared1: so hopefully that isn't the case.

In other news... 15 days until ADR day!!! AHHHHHH :woohoo:

I really need to sit down and decide what I am going to book!

That's all I've got for today. I have some Mickey Mail on the way so I will be sharing that when it comes in and also Alex will be 5 months on Friday (!!!) So I will share a picture then too! Have a great week all!

I'm almost hoping that they will offer some sort of reserved time into SWL for Disney hotel guests or a paid FP or SOMETHING lol

It just sucks that those of us who can plan trips with minimal waits are now lumped into the crowd of everyone else!

I was so surprised that SWGE is opening as early as it is!! I really thought when they said Late 2019, it would end up meaning Early 2020!! LOL

I'm sure the crowds will be insane, but it will be pretty awesome to be among the first bunches of people to get to experience it!

I'm almost hoping that they will offer some sort of reserved time into SWL for Disney hotel guests or a paid FP or SOMETHING lol

It just sucks that those of us who can plan trips with minimal waits are now lumped into the crowd of everyone else!

That would be good! And I KNOW DH would totally pay for something to get in. I agree I really wanted a nice relaxing time but I'm not sure that's going to happen now..

I hope the opening of SWGE doesn't mess things up too bad for you! It would stink if it affects you getting to see TSL.

Thanks! I agree, I really hope we can see TSL. I am holding out hope that we are going during the week and school will have just started back up again. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking!!

I was so surprised that SWGE is opening as early as it is!! I really thought when they said Late 2019, it would end up meaning Early 2020!! LOL

I'm sure the crowds will be insane, but it will be pretty awesome to be among the first bunches of people to get to experience it!

I know, I really am too! I thought for sure it was going to be December! That's true, we can at least be some of the first to see it!!

So Mom looked at flights and the two cheapest are leaving here at 4:12 pm arriving at MCO at 7:10 pm or leaving here at 5:45am arriving at MCO at 8:40am. I want the second option because I want to be able to hit a park on Monday. If we arrive at 7pm we are not going to be able to go to a park, cutting us down to three park days and I just don't want to bend that much. I told Mom this and she is struggling with getting up at 3am. That part would suck, but I also talked to DH about it and he agrees with me. So if she really doesn't want to do the am flight, we might just book it for us anyways and meet them down there!

Next Wednesday is our ADR day!!!!!!! This is what I am thinking/hoping for!

So I am going to try to book a dinner ADR on Monday on the probability that we will be there. I want to be at MK so something there or at one of the resorts that are close.

Tuesday I am going to book HDDR for dinner.

Wednesday I am thinking Tusker House breakfast.

Thursday we are back at MK so I need to pick somewhere there or close by.

So basically I need two MK or MK area lunch or dinner spots. This weekend I really need to nail it down!

I got my Mickey Mail! I got two new pairs of ears! These ones are Moana themed:

47390421522_b9f0511f45_z.jpg

And these ones are Tangled themed and light up!!!

47390421252_bf063029d2_z.jpg

I love them! I can't wait to wear them in the parks!

For a real life update- Alex turned 5 months old! I can't even believe how much time is flying by!

47390420892_5d5c04dde4_z.jpg

He has been battling a cold the last few days. Thankfully he is on the mend, but I have to admit that I have been loving all the extra snuggles!

47390420332_dc6603f29d_z.jpg
(You can see the Mickey ears from his lovey!)

We keep talking about our trip, and even though he has no clue what I am saying to him, he seems excited LOL. I have been reading Mickey stories to him at night and he has a Mickey lovey and pull on toy, so I want him to be able to at least recognize Mickey when we go!

That's all I've got for now! By the time I get back to this, I should have my ADRs!

Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

47390420012_ab091c05f1_z.jpg

See ya real soon!!

47390421992_8d20c86d1e_z.jpg

Alex is so gosh darn cute! I'm sure he's excited too!

I feel like that might be a good compromise having your family go in the morning and your Mom at night! You each get what you want! Plus, its just so easy with the magical express to get to the hotel so its not like you'd have to pay for double taxis or anything!

And if you get delayed and really lose that night to travel I'm sure you'll be upset!

Adorable pics of Alex!!

Your ADR plans sound good, good luck booking everything!

I hope you are able to go with the early AM flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter