The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

Sounds like a great MVMCP! I'm glad you enjoyed the party and felt it was worth the extra cost! You two look adorable in your sweaters :)

Definitely!! And thanks!

I’m so glad it was a fun night. In 2017 we went to the Christmas party and Andi was feeling awful and we ended up leaving by 8pm:sad: It was sad, I was so excited to have a fun party night.

I like hearing about your review of Tony’s I had wondered about that, looks nice!

All your pictures are so cute and festive!

Oh no! That would be so sad! Hopefully you'll get to go to one again at some point!

We really enjoyed it! I was nervous because I knew it would eat away at a good portion of our party time but we would have been waiting for fireworks and the parade at those times anyway so it all worked out! And a warm place was pretty necessary! lol

Thanks! :goodvibes

I only ate Disney nuggets once during my trip, and I’m honestly a little disappointed in myself.

I actually haven't eaten Disney nuggets very much over the last few years because I got sick after eating them in 2015. But I think that had more to do with heat exhaustion than the actual nuggets lol they definitely hit the spot this night!

Wow, it sounds like you had a really great party and I love those matching sweaters! I think the more laid back approach you guys had really made for a good night. It seems like when people try to do all the shows and character meets and stop for all the treats it can be super hectic and disappointing.

Wow, it sounds like you had a really great party and I love those matching sweaters! I think the more laid back approach you guys had really made for a good night. It seems like when people try to do all the shows and character meets and stop for all the treats it can be super hectic and disappointing.

Yeah it definitely helped us get what we knew we really wanted to get done without running ourselves ragged!

Sounds like a super fun party!

We mobile ordered while we were standing there and had our food within 5 minutes. Dan went with the lobster roll and I got the kids chicken tenders. I was hungry but not TEN nuggets hungry lol
Mobile ordering = :love::love::love::love: (also LOL "not TEN nuggets hungry!"

After eating we both felt way better, it was 100% the right thing to do and worth the $40 or whatever it was just to prevent us from not having the very best time! It was also a good move to let the day guests get out of the park before waiting for rides, for both MNSSHP and MVMCP this year I definitely plan on doing the same thing!
I am so on board with this sentiment. Sometimes I'll have planned things out and then in the moment you totally throw the plan out and spend the money or the time even though it goes against your plan, but at Disney, doing stuff like this is so important, cause otherwise like you said, you'll be grumpy or not having the best time you could have had. Hopefully that makes sense--basically, totally do it if it feels like you need to even if it could be seen as a waste of money or time, cause its worth it. Like naps in the middle of the day, or getting food despite having the food later...you gotta do what you need to do to be your best self and have the most fun. :)

This only had like a 10-minute wait which was awesome! I loved all of the fun Christmas-y decorations.
I *so* want to ride the Jingle Cruise some day!

Can I just say that if you are not interested in the first parade this was a GREAT time to take photos. And was kind of nice to take them while the parade was going on because the music really added to the experience! We didn’t have any waits to take any of these photos and it was so fun and carefree! It was great!
Your pictures are gorgeous! And the castle...so pretty with the lights! Love it!

After the parade we made our way back into Tony’s to let the crowds die out and get some more drinks and snacks. We could have gone on more rides as I'm sure the park was pretty empty but we were happy to just hang out in Tony's! I got a hot cocoa which was super delicious and Dan got a warm alcoholic cider with whipped cream that he said was super good too!
So it's a grey, wet, stormy day here, and that hot cocoa sounds amazing...

Tony’s Merriest Town Square party was also a sold out extra which I had worried about prior to going but it definitely didn’t feel super crazy and there was plenty of room for everyone in the reserved viewing area. If I did the Tony’s event again (which I probably would) I would probably forego the coveted Main Street spot for the parade and just head back into Tony’s for more drinks and snacks after fireworks and grab anything that was left spotwise for the parade. There was a lot of open space in the reserved area that we could have gotten a good spot across from Tony's much closer to the parade time.
So glad you enjoyed it! Nice that even though it was "sold out" there was plenty of room in the viewing area. If you're going to pay that much it sucks to feel like you still have to jockey for a spot. Glad it worked out for you guys!

So glad you had such a great MVMCP experience! We went to our first one this past Christmas, and it was just incredible! So much better than I had ever imagined!

I've fallen a bit behind, but all caught up now.

We did the MK resort loop to look at Christmas decorations on Saturday afternoon (the day before you). It took about three hours to just see the Contemporary and Grand Floridian. The lines for the monorails were crazy long, so we skipped the Polynesian. That was so smart to get a Minnie Van.

It sounds like you had a great MVMCP. I cry every time I watch fireworks at Disney. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who does that.

Sounds like a super fun party!

Yes! It was definitely a successful night! And so much fun! I tried to hard to not do one for our December trip this year but its just so hard not to because they are SO fun!
Mobile ordering = :love::love::love::love: (also LOL "not TEN nuggets hungry!"

:rotfl::rotfl:

I am so on board with this sentiment. Sometimes I'll have planned things out and then in the moment you totally throw the plan out and spend the money or the time even though it goes against your plan, but at Disney, doing stuff like this is so important, cause otherwise like you said, you'll be grumpy or not having the best time you could have had. Hopefully that makes sense--basically, totally do it if it feels like you need to even if it could be seen as a waste of money or time, cause its worth it. Like naps in the middle of the day, or getting food despite having the food later...you gotta do what you need to do to be your best self and have the most fun. :)

Yes!! I was really trying to not have dinner this night and I just knew we were about ten minutes away from hitting a wall. And having a crappy $400 night was not worth having an amazing night for $40 haha but yeah sometimes you need to throw the plan out the window and just do whats best in the moment!

I *so* want to ride the Jingle Cruise some day!

It's so fun! You definitely need to ride it someday!

Your pictures are gorgeous! And the castle...so pretty with the lights! Love it!

Thank you! I'm happy we ended up with some great photos since the first ones we took weren't my favorites haha

So it's a grey, wet, stormy day here, and that hot cocoa sounds amazing...

I know right!?

So glad you enjoyed it! Nice that even though it was "sold out" there was plenty of room in the viewing area. If you're going to pay that much it sucks to feel like you still have to jockey for a spot. Glad it worked out for you guys!

Yeah I was definitely worried but we never felt cramped or like we were losing out on anything. I actually was more disappointed in the plaza dessert party I did with my Mom and sister in October which was not sold out and that felt SUPER cramped for something that shouldn't feel that way! ( But it was a holiday party so I'm sure that was part of it!)

So glad you had such a great MVMCP experience! We went to our first one this past Christmas, and it was just incredible! So much better than I had ever imagined!

I honestly think its my favorite party! I mean thats probably because Christmas is my favorite but I feel like its hard to not have a good time!

I've fallen a bit behind, but all caught up now.

We did the MK resort loop to look at Christmas decorations on Saturday afternoon (the day before you). It took about three hours to just see the Contemporary and Grand Floridian. The lines for the monorails were crazy long, so we skipped the Polynesian. That was so smart to get a Minnie Van.

It sounds like you had a great MVMCP. I cry every time I watch fireworks at Disney. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who does that.

Thats crazy! I thought our waits were because of the party nearing the start time but thats just insane that it was that busy on a nonparty day! I would be so upset if I was staying at the monorail resort in that case :eek:

I don't usually cry at the holiday overlays but this time really got me! Wishes and HEA are another story, those I cry nearly every time! haha

I didn't know about the party at Tony's, too! Love those red ears!

It was new this year! I hope they bring it back again because we definitely enjoyed it! And thank you!

I figured we would start our night out over in Frontierland since my only ride goal for the night was to hit all of the mountains and jingle cruise so that was our next destination! But of course, we HAD to walk by Cinderella’s castle to see all of her beautiful lit glory.
I seriously cannot wit to see that in person!!

Dan went with the lobster roll and I got the kids chicken tenders. I was hungry but not TEN nuggets hungry lol
I have to laugh seeing your meal as I did the exact same thing on my Mk night at Cosmic rays. Kids meals are a great option!

We stopped for our one and only treat in Adventureland (well I guess the Mickey cookie counted when we first got there but this was the only one during the party!)
Yummy!

Can I just say that if you are not interested in the first parade this was a GREAT time to take photos. And was kind of nice to take them while the parade was going on because the music really added to the experience! We didn’t have any waits to take any of these photos and it was so fun and carefree! It was great!
The pictures are so nice!

About five minutes to ten we made our way down Main Street to find a spot to watch the fireworks. I had worried about this prior to the party because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go so far down Main Street/ if we would even be able to find a decent spot so close to starting time but we had no problems at all!
Perfect spot to watch the parade!

Dan thinks these reindeer are what nightmares are made of hahaha
I love those reindeer!!!

And like I have mentioned before, Dan really enjoys the times where we slow down and just chill more than going from ride to ride so for him it was right up his alley! Plus, it was nice that they had a hot beverage that was alcoholic!
It looks like a perfect night, very mellow and relaxing. :)

I seriously cannot wit to see that in person!!

Its just SO amazing!! Nothing like it!

I have to laugh seeing your meal as I did the exact same thing on my Mk night at Cosmic rays. Kids meals are a great option!

I mean its great that they give you so many with the adult portion but unless I'm sharing thats just too many nuggets!

The pictures are so nice!

Thank you! We were kind of stuck because of the parade but it definitely worked out!

I love those reindeer!!!

Hahaha they don't bother me but DH just isn't a fan :rotfl:

It looks like a perfect night, very mellow and relaxing. :)

It really was! I love traveling with DH because his touring style really forces me to slow down and enjoy the moments rather than rushing from ride to ride!

Day 4 Part 1 December 17th

Originally today was to be our departure day but then when I scored a reservation for the new Storybook dining at Artist Point (that was opening the weekend we were there!) I decided to book a room at the Hyatt Regency at the airport on points. I only needed an extra 1,000 points to book the room which only cost me $24 so I basically call that a win! AND our new return flights were about $60 cheaper each so it really was a win! Dan was surprisingly on board with this plan and felt like it would make our last day truly feel like a last day because we wouldn’t be worrying about making it to the airport on time. We packed everything up and loaded it into the car so we wouldn’t have to come back to POFQ before heading to the airport.

Our first stop of the day was for a quick breakfast. I hadn’t planned on getting anything for breakfast this day but our lunch wasn’t until 1 and we would definitely need to eat something so the food court won! Plus I had purchased the refillable mug so I was trying to justify the purchase by using it three of our days! haha

I think Dan just got a muffin today but I went for this delicious flatbread that I figured we could share. For a food court option, it was SUPER delicious! I loved it even more than the typical bounty platter I always get!

I wish I was eating one right now! So yummy!

Goodbye POFQ!

Before long we were pulling into EPCOT and it was a GORGEOUS day!

Today we remembered to take note of where we parked!

I had to laugh at an older group around us who were reading the sign for the lot across from us for their parking area, we were in Create but they were like, "okay, everyone remember Discover!" :eek: I don't find the parking lots confusing but apparently they did! I did try to get their attention to help them out but they were one of those groups that are in la la land and DH told me to let it go lol

100.webp

It was looking like a beautiful day! And I mean beautiful! It was one of those (what I consider) rare Disney days where the sun was shining but it was actually a comfortable temperature (in a sweater) and was actually kind of chilly, which was PERFECT!

What a beauty! And look at that emptiness :cloud9:

We stopped on our way in for some photos. I loved the Christmas Mickey and Minnie topiaries!

We also had to get a Photopass. I do wish that they had Photopass with the topiaries but it makes sense with how congested it gets up front!

So our first FP of the day was for SE so we made our way over there first.

This was when we realized our plans were going to need some readjusting. When we scanned in, my FP was fine but Dan didn’t have a FP. The CM allowed us through but told us to head to guest services to work out the remaining FPs because they were definitely going to give us a hard time at Test track. I was super frustrated because this was the second time this happened to us in Disney on our last day to Dan specifically. Well, what I think keeps happening is that when I book FPs for Dan on party tickets (MVMCP this trip, DAH in July) the system is taking away his FP for the last park day but not warning me that they are going to do it. Thankfully, we were able to do some FP refreshing while in line for SE to just rebook our FPs for the day but it was super annoying and inconvenient and led to more running around than it should have. Does anyone know why they would just take away FPs like this and not send me anything about it?? (Dan doesn’t have a separate MDE so there wouldn’t be an email for them to go directly to him) Thankfully, we shouldn't have this issue anymore since we are both now APs! :cheer2:

So after that crisis was averted came one of my worst ride experiences in history in Disney. There were some fairly annoying kids behind us in line but I normally avoid giving kids dirty looks because hey its Disney and they are just being kids, I’m just being a grump. I hoped they would be in their own car but quickly realized at least two of them were going to end up with us. In hindsight, I should have let them go ahead and waited a few cars but I didn’t want to be a pain so I just went with it. These boys (one was probably early to mid-teens, the other was probably just under ten or a preteen) spent the whole ride being completely vulgar and saying things purposely trying to get a rise out of DH and I. They also flipped off the camera which caused our pictures to not get used in the end scenes as well. At the time, I wasn’t sure if I would be back before SE went down for its two-year refurb and I just wanted to enjoy one last ride through, taking pictures and videos of all of my favorite scenes. Which I did still do, but they will always remind me of that terrible ride through. Honestly, it was so bad that there were some extra cast members at the exit to SE that DH and I both thought they were going to say something to the kids. It was that bad. For what its worth, we never bothered to say anything to the kids. We ignored them as best we could and just tried to get on with our day!

To cheer myself up I did stop to take a few pictures with the bubblegum wall on our way out. I wanted to show off my cute candy Nutcracker purse my sister, Calista, gave to me as an early Christmas present!

I wanted to check out the Wreck It Ralph M&G next and see how long the wait was but it was at least a 45-minute wait when we got there which was just too long (especially for DH). It was pretty tucked away though so I had hoped no one would be in line haha unfortunately that was not the case! :rotfl:

We didn’t really have a whole ton of time to kill before our lunch reservation (we originally would have had a Test Track FP to use during this time but were unable to get one quite that early using refresh) so we decided to just meander around and enjoy being in Florida with the sun shining.

I suggested we head towards World Showcase so we could be close to the UK pavilion for our lunch and find somewhere for Dan to grab a beer and just hang out. So that’s what we did!

We stopped in Canada and I believe Dan got the Moosehead draft.

Canada is so picturesque I had to get a picture of Dan with his beer.

DH pug sweater got SO many compliments! :rotfl:

We found a nice bench along the water where we were basically by ourselves for Dan to enjoy his beer and we could still listen to the Canadian band.

After killing some time, we checked in for our Candlelight processional lunch package at Rose and Crown about ten minutes early.

They took my phone number and told us we probably wouldn’t be seated for a bit so we went to wander through the stores and got a text as soon as we walked into the store haha

So we made our way back over to check in and I met a lovely Disboarder Rachel (I’m sorry I don’t remember you handle!) and we had a great talk while waiting to be brought to our seats. I think it was the first time Dan realized that anyone besides me reads my TRs! :rotfl:

We were seated on the porch which was awesome since the weather was just absolutely perfect but they did have the heaters on which cast a funny red tint over everything :confused3 so sorry about that! Since we were doing the CP dining package we would each get one appetizer, one entrée, one dessert and a nonalcoholic beverage (I’m surprised it isn’t ANY beverage since the dining plan gets alcohol but I’m sure that would up the price!)

To drink I just went with my standard Diet Coke but Dan got a beer flight in addition to his Coke.

I thought it was cool that they included the descriptions of the Pub blends with it so he could try some of the variations. His favorite was the Bumblebee! (Guinness and Boddingtons)

As our appetizers, we picked the cheese platter and the scotch egg. The cheese platter was super delicious and all of the cheeses paired well with everything they came with. The scotch egg was just okay – I’ve only had one before in Toronto at this nicer restaurant and this one just didn’t really live up. But it was nice to try!

For my meal I had the fish and chips which I know people are mad that they changed the fish but it was pretty yummy and I had no complaints!

Dan had the Guinness-braised Short Ribs and he said this was really good too but almost just too much for a lunch. He said he would have preferred the fish and chips to what he got since it was such a heavy meal.

Since we had the CP package we also got to each get a dessert. Dan went with some sort of chocolate thing that tasted almost like a candy bar and I went with the special dessert they had for the release of Mary Poppins Returns called Eton’s Mess.

I wasn’t really sure what I would be getting with mine but I ended up actually really liking it! I loved that it came with a cookie spoon to represent a spoonful of sugar and it was actually a very light dessert. I don’t know if they still have it but if they do, try it!

Although the Candlelight Processional meal was more money than what we would normally pay for a lunch I thought it was well worth the price! It guaranteed us a seat for the show and we got plenty of food out of it! I would definitely do one of these packages again! (Although maybe not on a day where we are also doing a set price dinner :rotfl:)

Last edited:
Love your Christmas themed outfit!

Ugh that really stinks about the kids on SE :(

Sounds like a very filling lunch! I really want to try R&C one day.

I think Dan just got a muffin today but I went for this delicious flatbread that I figured we could share.
That looks amazing!

It was one of those (what I consider) rare Disney days where the sun was shining but it was actually a comfortable temperature (in a sweater
And a very cute sweater, too.

These boys (one was probably early to mid-teens, the other was probably just under ten or a preteen) spent the whole ride being completely vulgar and saying things purposely trying to get a rise out of DH and I. They also flipped off the camera which caused our pictures to not get used in the end scenes as well.
That's horrible. It's annoying to think that kids can be so obnoxious.

I think it was the first time Dan realized that anyone besides me reads my TRs!
HA! See! She's not crazy!

I loved that it came with a cookie spoon to represent a spoonful of sugar and it was actually a very light dessert.
That's so cute!

What a nice day at Epcot! Everything looks beautiful and other than the ruffians on SE it seems like it was pretty peaceful :)

we never bothered to say anything to the kids

I honestly would have had a hard time holding back...

I'm really glad you enjoyed Rose and Crown. I have it booked for September and it will be a new to us restaurant that Joe has been dying to try...

Your sweaters are too cute!

What a shame to be seated in front of those lovely kids on SE. I teach high schoolers and I know how obnoxious kids that age can be.

I've never eaten at Rose & Crown. There are just so many great options in Epcot, it's hard to choose, but I hope to make it there one day. That looks like it was a pretty good deal considering you get seating at the Candlelight Processional.

I love your purse and sweater, so cute! Dan’s pug shirt is perfect for your little one at home!

Yay to adding a night, I’ve been reading your reports for awhile now and you do manage to sneak in an extra night quite often:rotfl:

We did CP dining package in 2017 at Tokyo dining, really enjoyable and I loved the CP!

How annoying on SE, I hate when kids have to act so stupid, trying to get a rise out of anyone!

Love your Christmas themed outfit!

Thank you!

Ugh that really stinks about the kids on SE :(

It was SO frustrating. And I knew as we were walking up that I should let them go ahead of us. Live and learn I guess!

Sounds like a very filling lunch! I really want to try R&C one day.

You should! I really enjoy the food here and usually find everything to be pretty delicious!

That looks amazing!

It was SO good! Much better than I expected for QS!

And a very cute sweater, too.

Thanks! When I bought all of my sweaters for the trip I was like I don't know why I'm bothering, there's no way its going to be cool enough for me to wear a warm, fuzzy sweater but it was actually perfect! haha

That's horrible. It's annoying to think that kids can be so obnoxious.

I can usually take a normal amount of kid-goofiness in stride, but this was so beyond that. Thankfully, I did get to ride SE with my Mom and sister and March so at least I got a redeeming ride! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't put the ride under refurbishment before me and DH's June trip! He needs a redeeming ride, too!

HA! See! She's not crazy!

:rotfl:

That's so cute!

It was delicious, too!

What a nice day at Epcot! Everything looks beautiful and other than the ruffians on SE it seems like it was pretty peaceful :)

Thats exactly what they were, ruffians lol they would make Rapunzel run out of the Snuggly Duckling real quick! But yeah other than that, this was probably one of my favorite days ever in EPCOT! It actually probably worked out that our TT fp had to be moved because it forced us to just have a chill day enjoying EPCOT's beauty!

I honestly would have had a hard time holding back...

Probably if we weren't about to be stuck in a car alone with them for the whole ride of SE I probably would have :rotfl:it wasn't worth putting us in that situation, especially since they just seemed like something might be off making them act out so we just swallowed our pride and dealt with it! lol

I'm really glad you enjoyed Rose and Crown. I have it booked for September and it will be a new to us restaurant that Joe has been dying to try...

I think you'll definitely enjoy it! It used to be my family's go to EPCOT restaurant before we found Via Napoli but I still enjoy it! And we definitely had a great meal in December!

Your sweaters are too cute!

Thanks!

What a shame to be seated in front of those lovely kids on SE. I teach high schoolers and I know how obnoxious kids that age can be.

Yeahhh, it was just so bad lol and I can usually take a decent amount of miss-mannered kids because we've all been dumb at some point during those years but when they took it to the point where they were saying words that I never want to hear, especially in Disney, I was just done!

I've never eaten at Rose & Crown. There are just so many great options in Epcot, it's hard to choose, but I hope to make it there one day. That looks like it was a pretty good deal considering you get seating at the Candlelight Processional.

I know! It is hard to pick lol I always try to do new restaurants with DH there so I don't just get the same thing every time. We had eaten here before together but it was about 9 years ago so it was nice to go back! lol I definitely felt like we got a lot of what we paid for!

I love your purse and sweater, so cute! Dan’s pug shirt is perfect for your little one at home!

Thanks!! I know, right?? I bought it for him last year and when he was packing I made sure he brought it for this trip! He got more compliments on all of his sweaters than I did the whole trip :rotfl:

Yay to adding a night, I’ve been reading your reports for awhile now and you do manage to sneak in an extra night quite often:rotfl:

:rolleyes1 Southwest just makes it TOO easy on me! haha I feel like I always try to convince myself of shorter trips and then I never stick to it :rotfl: thankfully, DH is usually on board as long as it makes sense financially!

We did CP dining package in 2017 at Tokyo dining, really enjoyable and I loved the CP!

I had never done the CP prior to this trip so I definitely wanted to do the package so we would have guaranteed seating! (which spoiler alert - I LOVED the CP!)

How annoying on SE, I hate when kids have to act so stupid, trying to get a rise out of anyone!

It was soooo frustrating. I was happy that DH and I were both on unspoken terms to not say anything to them lol I don't even think we gave each other any looks to not give them the satisfaction! :rotfl2:

Ugh, youths! That's so annoying -- it's amazing how your seat mates can really make or break your rides in cases like that.

I love your Christmas gear - it's so fun. I also have only had drinks in Rose and Crown (there are too many places to eat in Epcot!), and now I'm sad I didn't eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!