-Marc Cohn

Always gives me chills.

It's 4.03 and I can't sleep without you next to me
Toss and turn like the sea
If I drown tonight bring me back to life
Breathe your breath in me
The only thing that I still believe in is you, if you only knew

-The sound iggy makes on the opening of "t.v. eye"

-previously mentioned, but lemmy. just anything lemmy.

-made a rag pile of my shiny clothes/gonna warm my bones

-well I wanna be your lover baby/don't want to be your boss

-lyrics not suitable for disboards!

-if you can just get your mind together/then come on across to me

-he blew his mind out in a car/he didn't notice that the light had changed

-shelter me from the powder and the finger/cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger (the face splashy part is good too though)

-i only get my rocks off while i'm sleeping

-tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down

-i've seen the needle & the damage done/a little part of it in everyone/but every junkie's like a settin' sun

-jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine/melting in a pot of thieves/wild card up my sleeve/thick heart of stone/my sins my own/they belong to me, ME

-the highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive/everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide/together wendy we'll live with the sadness & i'll love you with all the madness in my soul

-nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy & alcohol, c-c-c-c-c-cocaine

-fairies wear boots & you gotta believe me

-i move like a cat, charge like a ram, sting like a bee, babe i wanna be your man

-we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year/running over the same old ground/what have we found? the same old fears/wish you were here

SO MANY MORE YO. COULD QUOTE FOR DAYZ.

I see a red door and I want it painted black.
No colors anymore, I want them to turn black.
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I'm sad I didn't think of this. That's a fine entry.

I wouldn’t know what is considered rock these days. For me Nirvana was never it. All I can say is, you had to be there to understand.

I would say Foo Fighters currently carry the rock banner these days, but those guys are getting kinda old, too. Dave Grohl's 48. :scared: What are the young bands that play what we old folks would call rock and roll?

I would say Foo Fighters currently carry the rock banner these days, but those guys are getting kinda old, too. Dave Grohl's 48. :scared: What are the young bands that play what we old folks would call rock and roll?
I have no idea, maybe amberpi will enlighten us.

My oldest (21) listens to Pop Punk and at the risk of sounding like my grandpa it all sounds the same to me. However that same kid was beyond excited to buy a repress of Madman Across the Water for herself and I regularly hear the Beatles, Eagles, Queen etc. floating from her room.

We take all kinds of pills that give us all kind of thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll gitcha when you get your picture
On a the cover of the Rollin' Stone

I don't think I saw this one yet, but my apologies if I missed it:

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

I have a Disney Park memory that actually relates to Classic Rock 'N Roll lyrics.

My wife and I were in Epcot for Illuminations. We were standing about halfway between Mexico and Norway. The show had been going on for a few minutes, and the wind was carrying the resulting smoke from the fireworks off to our left. I looked over to my wife and said "I bet you can't guess what they are singing in Germany right now?" She looked at me , confused, and said "No".

I responded "Smoke on the Water, Fire in the Skies!" Not only did she laugh, but a guy standing near us also burst out laughing too! :)

One of those you had to be there things.

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain
And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
And speak my point of view but it's not sane…

( is that how it goes? Or just how I think it goes?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!