The New Coke Place

MrToadsWildRide

Mouseketeer
I had the chance to visit the new Coke Museum in Disney Springs. At least, that's what it looks like from the outside. I mean, three floors surrounded by what is (literally) clearly expensive architecture. I guess the profits on selling water is finally paying off.

Two floor of Coke merchandise, followed by the rooftop lounge.

They have two elevators, but one was broke. I asked the Coke Lady (don't think they're Cast Members) if they got a deal on their elevators. She asked why. I pointed out that after being open only a few weeks, 50% of them were broken. She replied, "Oh."

Maybe the elevator was broken so you could walk up, which we did. If you haven't seen the building, the have a ramp that runs around the outside of the building, walled in with glass. Walking up the ramp you wonder how much this feature cost, when you discover the answer. Too much, since the back half is not glass. While the front 3 sides are all glass, the backside is fully enclosed white walls. You go from "Wow! This is amazing," to "Ooo, a subway station without the subway."

At the top they have their rooftop lounge. You have a very nice view of Disney Springs. Except for the fact that most of the view (for now) is taken up by the currently under construction Planet Hollywood. How can you tell a Planet Hollywood under construction from one that isn't? You can't.

Coke 01.jpg

I asked a Coke Person where I can get samples of the awful, yet free Coke like they have at Epcot. They should have Coke spittoons next to those dispensers.

Turns out, they don't have the free bad Coke in this building. In fact, they don't have any free Coke of any kind. The cheapest Coke I saw was $3.25. Which is slightly more than the $0.85 Big Gulp of Coke at the local 7/11.

I told tell them I'm a Pepsi guy and came here just to try out Coke. I'm their target market. Sorry. No free Coke for you!

There didn't appear to be any alcoholic beverage options. So while you can't get inebriated, you can get your (high-fructose) sugar buzz. Coke, it's The Real (high-fructose) Thing!

So we took (the only operating) elevator to the ground floor. Waiting for the elevator I noticed the sign, telling you what's on each floor. Both the Beverage Bar and the Polar Bear Experience have an * next to them. There is nothing anywhere on the sign that explains what the * means. Though it's probably pretty obvious.

* Nothing is free at the Beverage Bar
* Warning, Polar Bear Experience may be hazardous to your health

Coke 02.jpg

Then there's the merchandise. There is such a countless amount of merchandise to choose from, it's probably best quantified by Mykelti Williamson's character Bubba (from Forrest Gump) "You got Coke shirts, Coke shorts, Coke pants, Coke undies, Coke socks, Coke towels, Coke bottles, ..."

Speaking of Coke bottles. You can buy a $12.99 bottle of Coke, that does not have Coke in it. It's just a small, silver bottle replica of a Coke bottle. Wanna pay more? Who wouldn't? They have a limited edition small, silver bottle of Coke (without any Coke in it either) for $29.99. You can tell it's an officially limited edition bottle by the clear sticker on the bottom where someone wrote in big black (hopefully permanent) marker, "399 out of 500".

Coke 04.jpg

I may not have a Pee.Haych.Dee in math, but it seemed to me that all 500 limited edition bottles are still available for purchase. So, don't worry, they'll still be available whenever you get there. Each and every one.

Walking outside I thought how great it would be if they had a kiosk across the way with Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi shouting, "No Coke! Pepsi,"

"Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi!"

What? No one's interested in the awesome new Coke place? (well, I guess I wasn't, so that explains the lake of interest)

Very clever post! Well written and entertaining! (Might explain the lack of apparent interest--professional Disjealousy with a side order of clique:disrocks:
There is *sometimes* a general idea that some folks and their friends own the wit concession on Disboards. They are easy to find--they have TRs posted from 1978 with 6K replies. :rotfl: But only to each other...)

To each their own, baby! Just wanted to say your post was entertaining, and it looks like I will be giving the Coke building/display/museum/concession a miss this December. Coke panties just weren't on my wish list, although maybe a bra with "It's the real thing" might be good--for the few women left that could wear one so labeled...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter