The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever heard of a guest being upgraded from a standard lodge room to a lodge tower room? Like the space.

Hoping for pixie dust, even though it's a reservable category...I'm thinking I'd like that upgrade even better than concierge!:lmao:

We were upgraded from a standard room to the honeymoon suite overlooking the castle. It was great.:love:

My question is, are the room completely finished? My DS and I were looking at the pictures and even he said "Are those rooms finished, look at the white walls!". For those of you who have gone in November, what is a good time to go that I will be sure that all of the GF decorations will be up? thanks!

The tower rooms in the sugar building are by request only and there are only 3 of them. They usually try to give them to groups of of 4 or 5. If you are staying conceirge its a good idea to take the time to talk with the IPO CMs and they are very helpful with this.

You think so - here's my response from IPO concerning a lodge tower room, we have booked a standard SL room for 10 nights.

Lodge Tower rooms must be booked. Please contact the Disney Reservation
Center at 407-939-7639 at your earliest convenience to inquire of
availability for those rooms​

Of course unless it has changed but we know (from all the information on DIS) that this is not the case. I have found the IPO staff to be worse than usless and am so glad that I did not leave my ADR's to them. I requested that they change a couple that I made and have have had no response from them other the an email on 10/21 which said they were getting back to me and the miss information on the Lodge Tower rooms and to get this I had the chase them 3 times

I have to say I feel a bit annoyed as this is meant to be part of the CL service. Perhaps they are so busy making lots of other trips magical that the have forgotten about my family.

Hi All! We are getting very excited for our trip to the GF in 6 days! I have a few last minute questions.

We have not requested anything for our GV room. Figured we have never been here, so every place should be a new and wonderful experience. But the one thing I really want is for there to be a sofa bed in our room. We have a boy and a girl and lets just say my DD likes to kick and roll while sleeping. So I would love to be able to split them up (without having to split up DH and me). What rooms DON"T have a sofabed. Obviously we won't be in the tower rooms as TETE was so we shouldn't get a room with just a sofa, at least I hope not!

Also, if we get a sofabed, how do I make it into a bed? Is it pretty simple and where would I find the sheets or do I have to call for them?

I would also like to be up high, but don't care that much that I want to request anything. But when checking in if we mention "are there any higher floors availabe", will this mean we will be given a dormer room. I don't mind a dormer room except that I think those definitely don't have a sofabed. Anyone know?

Is there seating for Gasspy's? I can't find a good picture of this "food court" for GF. I know it is much smaller than say the moderates have, but do they have a place you can sit and eat, or do we have to take it back to our room?

From the GV rooms we will have to go up to the monorail, we will have to go to the main lobby and climb the stairs, right? Is the boat faster to MK? Does it run regularly or do they wait to fill a whole boat before crossing the water. I kinda remember it being a smaller boat vs. the ones they have at WL where they wait to fill the boat.

Thanks for any help!! And thanks for all the wonderful information on this thread! I will post when we return and we just got a new camera, so I will try and post pictures when we return!

Yippee! Six days!:cool1:

The food court eating area is small inside but there are tables outside. The is also an arcade inside.

If you call mousekeeping and tell them you want the day bed made up they will do it.

The launches are great. The captains typically take off as soon as everyone disembarks/embarks but are very considerate if they see someone rushing for the boat(if there's room). However, the monorail will be faster going to the MK as the launches go MK>GF>Polynesian>MK. The launches are usually faster than the monorail when returning to the GF. There is a "cage" style elevator as well as stairs to reach the monorail platform.

Yes, Gasparilla's has indoor and outdoor seating.

I would request a daybed and yes, you don't want a dormer room so personally I wouldn't ask for a higher floor.

The sofabeds have linens already on them but turndown should make it up for you. Pillow is in the closet.

Have fun!

Kelly, way to go!!!

Cmbar - Have a wonderful time! Maybe we'll see you?? We arrive the 16th in the eve -if I remember right, you leave that day late??

Yes, to get to the monorail you go to the main building and there is the "Grand Staircase" or the cute cage elevator to get you to the 2nd floor where the outer doors lead to the monorail station. The boats are great, too, on a nice day but you will go to Poly then MK. They go MK, GF, Poly, MK, GF, Poly so if you are leaving MK and see a boat coming your way you know it will not stop at GF but is coming directly to MK and run for the line!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

We have only been to Gaspies a couple times, but no problem getting seats. We usually love to sit outside and enjoy the castle view and pretty surroundings.:goodvibes

I think almost all the new rooms have the daybeds now - except lodge tower. Hockeymom had a daybed in her dormer room in July so maybe they have put daybeds in the dormers when they redid them. :confused3 Or a few?? I am getting excited for you!!!!!!!!! If you can, post while you're there and let us know how things are going. Hope it's magical for you. :wizard:

Babyboo....sorry IPO has been a letdown. They've dropped the ball on us many a time, too. That part of the concierge service has definitely gone down several notches. The onsight staff is great, though, and it's a shame the resorts don't put more into the IPO because it sure does give a bad first impression of the resort.:confused: I am sure the feeling is equally shared by all. Nobody is getting priority service while you're getting ignored.

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

Alicnwondrln and Lives4Disney: Love the pics on the new GF FAQ thread you're starting! I didn't want to post there and clutter your new thread, but I wanted to thank you for updating the info for us. Great job, ladies!

Alicnwondrln and Lives4Disney: Love the pics on the new GF FAQ thread you're starting! I didn't want to post there and clutter your new thread, but I wanted to thank you for updating the info for us. Great job, ladies!

Thanks so much. Everyone please join in with pics and insights as we want to help newbies and anyone looking for info about the GF.

Thanks for all the helpful info! Channing we are getting so excited! I just saw someone get an upgrade who is leaving a few days before us, and I keep telling my DH that I am just glad we are staying at the GF. I am not going to let any negative posts or a bad checkin or snotty CM"s ruin our first stay at GF! The kids are excited but my DS says he thinks its going to be "too nice". But I think they will love it!

Hope you have a wonderful trip too and look forward to reading your report. I don't think I can get online while we are there. My DH keeps asking if he should bring his laptop, but I can't remember if GF has a wireless internet for him to hop on. He does it so easily at other hotels when he travels, that he is surprised he can't do it here. I should look into it more. Do they have a place to just get online to check emails? Do they have a business center? UGH, I was just thinking about parks and dinners!!

:dance3: 6 days and the weather looks warm! I hope I don't jink myself by saying that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!