The new Kona Cafe Dinner menu

SPOERLX3

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has been to Kona Cafe on the dining plan since they changed their dinner menu and added the 20 oz Rib eye @ $55 and the Perfect Porterhouse @ $95! Are there exclusions?
I also noticed that the sides are listed separately, making me wonder what is actually included in the meal if we are using the dining plan. Do we use the plan for the meat, drink & desert and pay out of pocket for sides? Or is a side included?
:thanks:

At the Yacht Club, the porterhouse steaks are for two people to share (so require 2 people's worth of credits). I would assume the same is true for Kona. Kona does seem to be a shockingly good 1-credit value though, considering the steaks cost roughly the same at Yachtstman and that is 2 credits.

As for sides, there actually is a side included with the steaks if you look on the website menu. Most steaks come with "Arugula, braised cippolini" but the porterhouse gets loaded baked potatos and wedge salad and bone marrow. I do expect that the a la carte sides listed separately would be out of pocket though, unless you server lets you substitute.

At the Yacht Club, the porterhouse steaks are for two people to share (so require 2 people's worth of credits). I would assume the same is true for Kona. Kona does seem to be a shockingly good 1-credit value though, considering the steaks cost roughly the same at Yachtstman and that is 2 credits.

As for sides, there actually is a side included with the steaks if you look on the website menu. Most steaks come with "Arugula, braised cippolini" but the porterhouse gets loaded baked potatos and wedge salad and bone marrow. I do expect that the a la carte sides listed separately would be out of pocket though, unless you server lets you substitute.
Thank you so much! That is the way I read it as well. Looks like it makes for a great 1 credit meal!

I am curious as to the grade of these steaks. The only one listed as a Prime cut is the New York Strip. The rest, including the porterhouse, are NOT. Therefore, it's actually not that great of a value as a 1 credit meal. The prices are in line with other 1 TS credit restaurants that serve steak (probably Choice cuts).

Yachtsman, and the other 2 credit places typically serve Prime cuts, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter