MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I just cancelled our EMM for this Tuesday. I just think, for us, the value is no longer there. Apparently, breakfast is plated and long waits. :worried:

Last edited:
I just cancelled our EMM for this Tuesday. I just think, for us, the value is no longer there. Apparently, breakfast is plated and long waits. :worried:

I heard about the plated breakfast, but where did you read about the long waits? That would be disappointing, but the review upthread from today sounded favorable.

We were there today and other then the first 10 minutes we had maybe a couple minute wait for 7dmt for the first 2 rides. After that it was walk on everything we did

Were the princesses meet and greets also there (Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel)? They are listed and that is what my youngest wants to do while the others ride 7DMT. We went for it to free up our fast passes for other things.

I’m sorry, I wish I could say 100% yes or no :( we had met them already and so I didn’t really pay attention. I thought I saw people walking in to meet them. I’m sorry I couldn’t give a difinitive answer.

I read some tweets that there was a 15/20 minute wait for the plated breakfast. To me, that is a big chunk of a 75 minute event before park opening. Again, just how I feel for us.

Last edited:
I read some tweets that there was a 15/20 minute wait for the plated breakfast. To me, that is a big chunk of a 75 minute event. Again, just how I feel for us.

It probably did happen at some point. Maybe we got lucky. Since the eating part goes till 10, we waited till the park opened and the ride portion was done before we ate. We got there around 9:05 and had no one in line in front of us.
I did notice it did fill up more after we were already eating so maybe we hit it at the right time???

We attended the first new version EMM on 12/2 with my wife, DD4, and grandparents. We caught a bus from Pop Century leaving at about 7:10. We arrived at Magic Kingdom with enough time to get through security, and buy an autograph book before they let us in. There seemed to be a big crowd, but you have to remember, there are three restaurants for ppo breakfast, emm, and ppo BBB. Once we were let in we went straight to meet the princesses, as this was top priority for my daughter. We were first in line for cinderella/Elena, and then switched over to rapunzel/tiana. Both sets were great, and there were PhotoPass photographers waiting to take pictures. Couple of notes here, at first they stated the princesses were not meeting, but that changed quickly, I think it was first day logistics. Second, when we exited cinderella’s side, you exit into the store and all the doors were closed, had to “open” up the store to get out.

After the princesses, we rode the carousel twice with hardly anyone on it. After that we headed over to SDMT, which was a walk on, rode once and then headed to teacups, rode once, and we could have stayed on if we wanted to but we went to ride Pooh instead. (Didn’t like this ride, to me, it is not worth it). After Pooh we rode SDMT one more time and it was a walk on. At this time my parents wanted to ride IASMW, and DD wanted to ride teacups again, we split up to meet at cosmic rays for breakfast. We rode the teacups and were able to make it to the front of the castle for the welcome show. After the show we met the grandparents at cosmic rays for breakfast.

Breakfast was good, but I think the logistics of it were not. You had to wait in line to get coffee and juice, this would have better as a serve yourself deal. The food was ok, it did the job, nothing to write home about, I think towards the 9:30-10 timeframe it got crowded in cosmic rays.

Overall I would say this is worth the money. The land did not feel crowded, and we were able to accomplish everything we wanted, and could have done more if we wanted to, but we enjoyed what we did.

Review: Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018
New MK/Fantasyland Early Morning Magic (EMM)

DH and I had a great time at EMM this morning. We are two older adults and our plan of attack was to do each attraction at least once during the event. We’ve never done an early morning event before, however we did DAH at MK in 2017. The “crowd” this morning seemed very similar to DAH. Fantasyland seemed almost empty during EMM. Everything was a walk-on for us except Winnie the Pooh, which was less than two minutes.

We took the bus from POFQ to MK. Got there around 6:40 am. Security didn’t open until 7 am. After security we got in the far left line for early entry. We were about 10 people back from the front of the line. At 7:16 am we scanned our Magic Bands, got wrist bands, and were held at the train tunnel. At 7:39 am all EMM and early breakfast guests were released. We kept a good walking pace. Everyone was walking fast but no runners or joggers in the group. Nobody appeared to be passing others that I could tell. There were CM's with large signs pointing the way to EMM.

We headed straight to 7 Dwarfs and walked right on. We decided to do this ride once. When we got off we noticed it was very low crowds in the area. I think we could have ridden 7 Dwarfs several more times with very little wait. Our next attraction was Peter Pan. We rode this one twice with no wait. We had to get off and go through the line again but it was quick. Then we went to Princess Fairytale Hall. Only one side was open: Rapunzel & Tiana. Again, no wait. Next was Winnie the Pooh. Less than a two minute wait. Then we rode the Teacups with no wait. Walked to Small World and rode that with no wait. Last was the Mermaid ride, no wait. The Carousel was also open but we didn’t ride that one.

I didn’t keep track of the time we did each ride. We weren’t walking fast between the rides and spent some time taking photos of the castle and the empty looking park. We arrived at Cosmic Rays at 9:17 am for breakfast (after the Mermaid ride). Lots of CM’s here. Very friendly and helpful. For hot food and beverages you had to go up to one of the counters. All counters were open. Bay 3 was packed. A CM told us to go to Bay 2 and we had a very short wait. We asked for all the food: 3 sausage, 2 bacon strips, 1 pancake, scrambled eggs, and breakfast potatoes. One tray and two large plates of food. Beverage choices were coffee, tea, orange juice or apple juice. You could also ask for milk (small carton) or sodas (large cups). We noticed other people just ordered drinks, or just ordered small plates of individual items, such as just 3 pancakes, or just potatoes, etc. It looked like you could ask for any combination of hot food. There was also a separate area for continental breakfast items: hot oatmeal with toppings, meats, cheeses, fruit, small cinnamon rolls and a flaky pastry with chocolate swirled in it. For syrup you pumped it into small paper cups.

DH and I liked all the food. We aren’t picky eaters. The hot food was hot. I thought the breakfast potatoes were really good. The cinnamon roll and pastry were really good, too. A CM was walking around with a large tray of juice (orange, apple) to hand out to anyone that wanted one. There was plenty of seating available. Not all the tables were occupied.

Overall we really enjoyed EMM. I hope the crowds stay this low for all the future dates.

I’m happy reading the positive experiences this morning! It sounds like this is a positive change for EMM. The only thing I think I’m disappointed about in reading this is that drinks have to be ordered with the hot food. That seems a mistake to me. In my opinion, for those that just want a continental breakfast, drinks should be available with the fruit, cheese, pastries, etc. I’m not a fan of waiting in line just for coffee and orange juice.

I was at 12/2 EMM as well. Bottom line, it was a great experience and I would do it again. I went first to PP and rode twice with no wait, followed by Pooh. I arrived at 7DMT at 8:06 and waited about 4 minutes. I rode again 5 more times and each time the wait was shorter. On ride 5 the cast member let me pick my own seat because there were only 5 or 6 riders. At 8:37 I went to the carousel and rode that twice. Then did Teacups twice. I waited just past Teacups outside Cosmic Rays for 5 minutes with a small group and at 9 was allowed to proceed into Tomorrowland. I did Buzz and then came back for breakfast.

This was the worst part, as reported. I got caught in a line and waited 15 minutes for the plated breakfast. The manager came out and said they were having problems with the griddle and it was holding up pancakes. Some people just took the plate without the pancakes because they got tired of waiting. I held on and did eventually get a full plate. I thought the food was adequate but not great. There was plenty of seating and I was on my way again about 9:40 or so. Hopefully they will get the breakfast service running a little bit more smoothly, but it was still completely worthwhile.

I was a big fan of the old MK EMM and a big part of that was the breakfast. I felt like the quality was a step above a food court Bounty Platter. If breakfast is now on par with that at Pop Century I'll probably give this one a miss going forward.

I was a big fan of the old MK EMM and a big part of that was the breakfast. I felt like the quality was a step above a food court Bounty Platter. If breakfast is now on par with that at Pop Century I'll probably give this one a miss going forward.

I feel the same way. That Village Haus breakfast was the best one we had all week last trip. I'm very disappointed in the changes.

Of course, everyone should do what is best for them, but if you are unhappy about the changes, please let Disney know. Contact guest services or vote with you $$.

We are booked for 2-26! I prefer plated over buffet (which works without issue at TSL HS EMM). Plus we eat after rope drop. Excited.

I won't be booking it for our next trip.
Sadly, we won't either. We have done this a few times and we always love it. DH really likes the BF and we felt is was a nicer BF than others. This new BF does not seem nearly the same and DH said he really doesn't want to do it because of this. Disappointing for sure but I hope others have a great time. Now I guess I can talk him into one of the After Hours events :rolleyes1

Sadly, we won't either. We have done this a few times and we always love it. DH really likes the BF and we felt is was a nicer BF than others. This new BF does not seem nearly the same and DH said he really doesn't want to do it because of this. Disappointing for sure but I hope others have a great time. Now I guess I can talk him into one of the After Hours events :rolleyes1

We switched to After Hours for HS and I am hoping it's offered at MK when we go in July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!