The new search system- problems, observations, issues

I'm a new user and might be doing it wrong, but I can't make Advanced Search find anything by a user name (either mine or others!)... Help!
Are you using California Gold?
Here is a URL for your posts. At the moment I get one result for you.. but you are there..
http://www.disboards.com/searchbt.php?search=&order=1&user=Luxo&scope=4&cat=1&frm=-1&styleid=43

finally I got in somewhere.
trying to post or reply to a thread is like waiting at my doctors office:lmao:
I sign in I sit down and wait for the nurse to call me still waiting for the nurse to call me etc, etc

these boards, to me are slower then before, I'm I the only one with this problem.
From my experience, posting is a question of mere second or two. Reading threads is also extremely fast. Thats my personal experience. Do not know how it is for others.

New Posts function can be added. The fact that its missing was due to the fact that it used an inefficient mechanism of the old search.
If WebmasterAlex is reading this: Please contact us and we will see about helping you set up "New Posts" page using BoardTracker..

BT, thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. Do you have an idea of how often the new posts could refresh/update?

OK, getting back on topic, my observations/comments on the search feature.

I searched for a particular user name, got 174 results (searching all forums).

The results didn't seem to be in any particular order (a little frustrating) and the results did not identify what forum the post was in (I know this was brought up before).

When I went to do a search limiting it to one forum, I got the same 174 results. I was searching only in the Disneyland forum, but it gave me results from other forums.

So, it would be nice to either put in a column showing what forum the post is from, or actually be able to search by forum.

Thank you.

Ed

BT, thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. Do you have an idea of how often the new posts could refresh/update?

If we indeed create it for DisBoards it can be basically real-time update. However, it would also make sense for efficiency to cache results, but still at a frequent enough rate (maybe 10 minutes)

OK, getting back on topic, my observations/comments on the search feature.

I searched for a particular user name, got 174 results (searching all forums).

The results didn't seem to be in any particular order (a little frustrating) and the results did not identify what forum the post was in (I know this was brought up before).

When I went to do a search limiting it to one forum, I got the same 174 results. I was searching only in the Disneyland forum, but it gave me results from other forums.

So, it would be nice to either put in a column showing what forum the post is from, or actually be able to search by forum.

Thank you.

Ed

The order is based on relevancy of the keywords you type in or the date of the post. Up to you.

As for searching within a specific forum, it should work. will look into it to see if there is a problem.

Has anyone else noticed that posts are being duplicated or triplicated or even more since the server change? It's driving me nuts!

....When I went to do a search limiting it to one forum, I got the same 174 results. I was searching only in the Disneyland forum, but it gave me results from other forums.

Thank you.

Ed

Fixed.
Search by forum works now.

Can anyone tell me where I can find out how the search works? I can’t even find my own post. I put in my user name but nothing comes up.

Well, I and a few of my friends on here, find the new board is SO SLOW at times, we are getting so frustrated.....

I love it here and don't want this to ruin our fun time here.

Are there some glitches you are still working on?

It flies maybe like one or two posts...Then it takes almost 10min to get one post to go thru, by that time, so frustrated, we just shut down the dis.....:headache:

I see a TON of people on every thread I belong to, are being able to do duplicate posts..like 2-4 posts....:confused3

Those are my only complaints...I hate complaining, but if you don't know what is wrong, how can you fix it:thumbsup2

Thanks for much for creating this site though, have made great friends here:grouphug:

I think a critical point folks need to keep in mind is that the current problems you're experiencing have nothing to do with the search system. If you have concerns about recent performance of the boards themselves (i.e., double postings, delays, etc.), then you should contact the webmasters. This isn't the correct thread for those issues.

I have not been able to trck my posts that I do. When i try to search my name I get no results and I know that I post stuff but it can not be found via the search

any help on this one....please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!