The new search system- problems, observations, issues

Me too! I can't find the search option either. Though the link from BoardTracker a few posts up does work. I guess I will have to add it to my favorites...:confused3

Is it just me or is search not working? I'm trying to find neverland club, and I entered that... came back blank, not even telling me nothing was found. So I tried "neverland" ... just one word. Last week I had pages of responses. Again, nothing today. blank. Is the search down?

Thanks...

Update... I can do a search if I'm under california gold, but not orlando / default. I quite frankly don't like the gold, and I'm personally not interested in disneyland. Shouldn't the search work under the blue screen? Sounds like a glitch...

Is it just me or is search not working? I'm trying to find neverland club, and I entered that... came back blank, not even telling me nothing was found. So I tried "neverland" ... just one word. Last week I had pages of responses. Again, nothing today. blank. Is the search down?

Thanks...

Update... I can do a search if I'm under california gold, but not orlando / default. I quite frankly don't like the gold, and I'm personally not interested in disneyland. Shouldn't the search work under the blue screen? Sounds like a glitch...

Yes, it is.
If I'm not wrong.. WebmasterAlex will be working on implementing the NEW search on all templates soon.

Order results by date isn't working.

I search for "accident" and choose "relevancy" and it works fine.
If I choose to order the results by date and I get nothing.

Order results by date isn't working.

I search for "accident" and choose "relevancy" and it works fine.
If I choose to order the results by date and I get nothing.

http://www.disboards.com/searchbt.php?search=accident&order=0&user=&scope=4&cat=1&frm=-1
Should work. Does for me, after a while..

I am assuming what happened is that you saw the dog for a very long time and nothing happened?

If so, its a question of time.. date based searches are very slow at the moment, and we are working on those. As new hardware is being deployed in the next 2 weeks, speed of search, especially date based, will improve drastically.

http://www.disboards.com/searchbt.php?search=accident&order=0&user=&scope=4&cat=1&frm=-1
Should work. Does for me, after a while..

I am assuming what happened is that you saw the dog for a very long time and nothing happened?

If so, its a question of time.. date based searches are very slow at the moment, and we are working on those. As new hardware is being deployed in the next 2 weeks, speed of search, especially date based, will improve drastically.

No, I didn't see the dog. I got a message saying sorry, no matches were found (or whatever). I tried several times before posting.

And yes, it is working now. At least it was a minute ago.

We know there have been some issues with the boards and I wanted to give everyone an update. I've included a non-technical and a technical version. Since the server move we have run into several issues:

1. The code that was supposed to keep people from using the built in search and keep them on the board tracker search wasn't working right. Some people were able to access the built in search which quickly kills the boards.
Gosh, that DOES explain a lot, and it should provide a very clear, up-to-date, indication to folks who want the old search back precisely why it is infeasible.

How can a board function be accessed if it is disabled, turned off at the administrator level?

Yes, Alex. Tell all of us the secret so we can do it, too ;).

Hey there, Dan :wave:. Missed you the last couple of Decembers.
Hi Krista. :wave: You noticed. :faint: And I have missed being there, LOL. I missed '06 with Marie's mom passing away shortly before then and last month, Dec '07, as I had finally returned to WDW in early Oct, and too soon to go back a month or two later. I hope to get back in 'cycle' this year. :cool1:

Because people who write software aren't perfect
Ahhh haaa. I knew there had to be a good reason.

Just wondering, having now completed two years today with the BT search, how it has been received and all. Anything new coming down the pike?

Just wondering, having now completed two years today with the BT search, how it has been received and all. Anything new coming down the pike?

Does it still only work with California Gold? I'd like to change my skin :-)

It seems to function better, still times when it returns nothing or is out of date.

It still does not work like it used to when I joined. No matter what changes I make suggested in this thread, I still do not like BT, 2 years later.

It still does not work like it used to when I joined. No matter what changes I make suggested in this thread, I still do not like BT, 2 years later.

I still don't like it either. I REALLY miss the New Posts feature! :sad1:

I still don't like it either. I REALLY miss the New Posts feature! :sad1:

That is what I miss most of all - the 'New Posts' feature.

With the previous 'New Posts' feature, no matter which sub-forum it was posted to, the newest and most recent posts would always be posted first when you clicked on 'New Posts.'

I just want to be able to click on 'New Posts' and have the newest posts (regardless of which forum) come up! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter