The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the current bathroom toiletries are? Trying to decide if I need to bring everything with me.

Thanks SA_mom. I know I had the correct 9 digit number and even confirmed them with the Dolphin rep on the phone. It must be due to the names. I'll have to get that fixed and see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for your help!

I have been on and off the phone with the Swan and My Disney Experience people for a couple of days. They cannot get my Swan reservation number to link to MDE. They said I am not the only one with this issue. Swan has told me twice that they would be resubmitting my reservation number and to try again in 24 hours. Still no dice.

Today, I was on hold with MDE tech support for 20+ minutes while they called the Swan and then escalated my issue to some other tech support team. I am supposed to hear from them within 72 hours. Frustrating to say the least.

So, this morning I booked a second reservation under my name at the Swan (the first was under my husband's). Maybe that one will work. Nothing yet. When I try to link it to MDE, I get the standard message that Swan and Dolphin reservations may take up to 24 hours to link. So, hopefully that is the case and my second confirmation number will actually work tomorrow. Then I can just cancel the first reservation.

I have been on and off the phone with the Swan and My Disney Experience people for a couple of days. They cannot get my Swan reservation number to link to MDE. They said I am not the only one with this issue. Swan has told me twice that they would be resubmitting my reservation number and to try again in 24 hours. Still no dice.

Today, I was on hold with MDE tech support for 20+ minutes while they called the Swan and then escalated my issue to some other tech support team. I am supposed to hear from them within 72 hours. Frustrating to say the least.

So, this morning I booked a second reservation under my name at the Swan (the first was under my husband's). Maybe that one will work. Nothing yet. When I try to link it to MDE, I get the standard message that Swan and Dolphin reservations may take up to 24 hours to link. So, hopefully that is the case and my second confirmation number will actually work tomorrow. Then I can just cancel the first reservation.

Double check your phone number. Mine wouldn't link at first, but I went on the SPG website, and I didn't even have a phone number listed on there. If I recall correctly, the MDE website asks for a phone number to help pull up the reservation, right? After I updated the phone number, I waited 24 hours and then it worked.

Double check your phone number. Mine wouldn't link at first, but I went on the SPG website, and I didn't even have a phone number listed on there. If I recall correctly, the MDE website asks for a phone number to help pull up the reservation, right? After I updated the phone number, I waited 24 hours and then it worked.

Thanks! I did think of that and still not working.

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it might help someone.

I went to link my reservation. I used the 9-digit confirmation number I received in my reservation email from Swan/Starwood. That reservation had my name a little different than I have it on Disney (Nathan vs. Nathaniel). My Swan reservation, booked over the phone with an SPG agent, also had my name and placeholders for my family, but not their names. So the Swan reservation had my name, then an unnamed adult and two unnamed children.

Disney found my reservation using the 9-digit confirmation number and my last name. It noticed my name didn't match and asked me to manually match it. I was also able to match the unnamed on the Swan reservation with my family in MDE.

After that, everything worked and the confirmation number on MDE is the same as my Swan one.

In my case, phone numbers on my accounts didn't match, so I was expecting to be kicked. But everything went through.

I already had an established MDE account with family members on it, so that might have been the difference in my case.

Hi All. I am an old Swolphin fan from way back. Me and my Mom used to go every year for many years. The last time I was there was 2000. We always loved it. I'm heading back down in Oct with my DH and we are booked at the Yacht Club GV right now. I strolled over to this thread and now I'm thinking...should I switch to Dolphin/Swan????? :surfweb: I won't pay the current RR I have for the YC but if I can get the 35% RO discount with the room I want, then I'd stay at YC. I'm not a fan of the Dining Plan so FD really isn't a draw for me and we are taking a town car from the airport anyway.... So I was wondering is there a better rate than the $232 (or so) per night for a resort view room that I am seeing? I do like a nice view and prefer a balcony..any suggestions? I would even consider joing AAA if the discount rate is worth it. :confused: Help!!!:confused3

Make sure to sign up for the Swan/Dolphin recipe club. Not only do you get their free monthly newsletter with recipes in it you also qualify for their Recipe Club discount which is often the same or better than AAA

Can anyone tell me what the current bathroom toiletries are? Trying to decide if I need to bring everything with me.

Westin white tea amenities at the Swan...shampoo, conditioner, 2 bars of soap a a lotion daily.

Dolphin I'm pretty sure is their Sheraton Shine amenities. Same products but with a citrus scent.

Westin white tea amenities at the Swan...shampoo, conditioner, 2 bars of soap a a lotion daily.

Dolphin I'm pretty sure is their Sheraton Shine amenities. Same products but with a citrus scent.

Thank you so much!

I'm so excited about this. Last time we were there, they had the Shine products at the Swan. I was disappointed because I love the White Tea and Aloe scent that usually shows up in a Westin.

I'm so excited about this. Last time we were there, they had the Shine products at the Swan. I was disappointed because I love the White Tea and Aloe scent that usually shows up in a Westin.

That was my experience in the past too. I was just there in March and I was excited to see the Westin products.

Hello Swan and Dolphin travellers! I will be turning the thread over to Dan Murphy! :) He will be starting a new thread as this one is approaching the 250 mark. I have enjoyed being with all of you on this thread since 2007 and before. I still love the Swan and Dolphin, however since we joined Disney Vacation Club in 2005 we have stayed here less often. Dan is a great expert on Swan and Dolphin and a friend on these boards over the years! Happy planning to all of you! :)

Hello Swan and Dolphin travellers! I will be turning the thread over to Dan Murphy! :) He will be starting a new thread as this one is approaching the 250 mark. I have enjoyed being with all of you on this thread since 2007 and before. I still love the Swan and Dolphin, however since we joined Disney Vacation Club in 2005 we have stayed here less often. Dan is a great expert on Swan and Dolphin and a friend on these boards over the years! Happy planning to all of you! :)

Thank you so much for doing such a grand job of maintaining the thread up till now :thumbsup2

I'm sure Dan will do a fine job of following in your footsteps :)

We will be staying at the Swan in November. Will we be able to get customized Magic Bands before we leave?

We will be staying at the Swan in November. Will we be able to get customized Magic Bands before we leave?
As of now, no, unless you have an annual pass of a previous stay at a Disney owned resort. . With all the changes however, who knows, it may change by then.

Thanks, Robin.

I asked for this thread to be closed now. Here is the new thread, number five.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3264274

Thanks again, Robin, for so many good years and threads here on the Swan/Dolphin Resort threads.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter