The Next 1,000 Shows - What Would You Like To See?

TheMaxRebo

DIS Veteran
yeah, yeah, thanks to the team for the first 1,000 shows and all that jazz ... but time to look forward!

During the 1,000th show Pete asked the team to think about what they would like to see in the next 1,000 shows and also asked for listeners to write to the team with their ideas, but I thought it would be good to also have a thread here to share ideas.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that technology will continue to improved and, selfishly, I thought about how it could impact the viewer

- Enhanced chat for the Live show: video chat?
- Virtual Reality: wear a headset and it makes it feel like you are sitting at the table .... or, since this is Disney, maybe a Circlevision 360 scenario?
- More interaction with listeners: As things improve more live interaction with listeners? Realtime feedback that drives the direction of the show?
- Better/more interaction with members in the parks. I know some were better than others but if it could be pulled off better being able to go out live to team members in the park for breaking news or something would be good

How do you think the show will evolved over the next 1,000 episodes? What would you like to see happen?

During the 1,000th show Pete asked the team to think about what they would like to see in the next 1,000 shows and also asked for listeners to write to the team with their ideas, but I thought it would be good to also have a thread here to share ideas.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that technology will continue to improved and, selfishly, I thought about how it could impact the viewer

- Enhanced chat for the Live show: video chat?

Oh dear god.

I think it would be neat to continue the idea the original DL show had, to help "custom plan" a trip for a listener. Eve though I wasn't a "regular listener" of the show, I always loved this idea. And to fit into the idea of helping Dreams promote/preserve/expand the brand, maybe it could be one of their clients, who agreed to have their trip discussed like that? I'm sure some would (understandably) have reservations, but I wouldn't mind something like that, if it were me. This could just as well be a Dreams Unlimited show, especially if the trips being discussed weren't just WDW, or even USO.

I also loved the way the Dreams show used to showcase the different agents - I'd love to see more of that. Again - could be more along the lines of the Dreams show vs. just WDW.

Oh - and John? You can PM me for the bank account # you can deposit my check into for thinking up these great ideas. :)

Last edited:

Thought of something else - would love to see more listeners being interviewed either during, or after their trips, to talk about their experiences. I realize Pete might not want them coming to his house (fully understandable!), so an alternate location, or maybe even in the parks, or @ Springs?

And of COURSE - any kind of giveaways (large or small, or even intangible, like a phone call or something) is ALWAYS great! :)

I think it would be neat to continue the idea the original DL show had, to help "custom plan" a trip for a listener. Eve though I wasn't a "regular listener" of the show, I always loved this idea. And to fit into the idea of helping Dreams promote/preserve/expand the brand, maybe it could be one of their clients, who agreed to have their trip discussed like that? I'm sure some would (understandably) have reservations, but I wouldn't mind something like that, if it were me. This could just as well be a Dreams Unlimited show, especially if the trips being discussed weren't just WDW, or even USO.

I also loved the way the Dreams show used to showcase the different agents - I'd love to see more of that. Again - could be more along the lines of the Dreams show vs. just WDW.

Oh - and John? You can PM me for the bank account # you can deposit my check into for thinking up these great ideas. :)

Those are good ideas Heidi - I know as I was planning my first Disney cruise, while the Dreams show where they talked about planning a Disney Cruise helped a lot, hearing from someone who actually just went through what I did - and perhaps how their experience with using Dreams Unlimited Travel was - what did they help with that you didn't think of, etc. - things like that, would have been very helpful

I second the idea for more coverage of the water parks... which is to say, *any* coverage of the water parks. For the most part, they get ignored now.

Also more coverage of the various activities around property. Things like mini golf, regular golf, boat rentals, fishing, etc. that you can do at various places around property.

More coverage of Disney Springs (particularly dining reviews....there are SO many restaurants there).

More coverage of the water parks. There are waterproof cameras nowadays...take advantage.

I second the idea for more coverage of the water parks... which is to say, *any* coverage of the water parks. For the most part, they get ignored now.

Also more coverage of the various activities around property. Things like mini golf, regular golf, boat rentals, fishing, etc. that you can do at various places around property.

I know in the past Craig mentioned they don't really cover the water parks as they made a decision not to show footage of guests in bathingsuits

Now, they could still talk about them but I think they don't like doing video stuff from water parks.

To go along with that maybe some more on special events like the H2O glow nights at Typhoon Lagoon or things at Disney Springs.

To go along with that maybe some more on special events like the H2O glow nights at Typhoon Lagoon or things at Disney Springs.

I agree. Especially with an increase in 'hard ticket events', I am always wondering if they are really worth the money. I also liked the on location segments they used to have. Unfortunately it seemed like technically it just wasn't working at the time (especially on a live show).

The changes in DS are enough to make anyone's head spin, and it would be nice to get a sort of re-calibration every couple of months.

...More interaction with listeners: As things improve more live interaction with listeners? Realtime feedback that drives the direction of the show?
- Better/more interaction with members in the parks. I know some were better than others but if it could be pulled off better being able to go out live to team members in the park for breaking news or something would be good...

Even something more simple is when they had more polls, and used them primarily for 'Best & Worst' segments. Its a passive way for us to participate without being intrusive.

I have always enjoyed when the shows are geared toward interplay with listeners. This is especially true with the Q&A episodes on the Dreams Unlimited and Connecting With Walt shows (and its a nice little bright spot in your day when you question is picked)!

I know in the past Craig mentioned they don't really cover the water parks as they made a decision not to show footage of guests in bathingsuits

Now, they could still talk about them but I think they don't like doing video stuff from water parks.

That's a fair concern.

Though also, I prefer the videos of them just talking to actual vlogs, so I'd like to hear some analysis of water parks and H2O Glow nights from the crew as well.

I'd kind of like to see a woman on the Best & Worst videos a bit more regularly? Which, I know, depends on a lot of factors. But in the bathrooms episode, yeah, it really did kind of feel a bit like we were missing a very relative chunk of information.
(Also, I would kind of love to see a review or vlog for Character Couture, and I doubt the guys would be down for that.)

The #1 thing I would love to see them do is pick up where The Trip left off. Give us coverage of offsite stuff - dining, shopping, attractions, and activities. Especially for those of us who have been to Disney World literally dozens of times over the past 4+ decades, dare I say it can get a little boring. We're always looking for new and different things to do when we visit. Our next trip is in October and I already have a list of restaurants we might check out while we're there. Lots of guests don't want or need to be on property 24/7.

And I would argue that this would actually be good for business for Dreams. It would give people more reasons to come and more reasons to stay longer. It would also help people convince reluctant spouses and other family members who aren't hardcore Disney fans to come, knowing that there will be other non-Disney aspects to the trip. It also can help make trips more affordable, which also helps people come more often and/or stay longer. Maybe somebody would add a day to their trip to include a visit to Bok Tower Gardens or to take the little ones to Legoland or to go ziplining or take an airboat ride.

With all of the support the DIS has for GKTW, have they ever actually done a show about the village? Post a tour. Maybe have a couple members of the team do a volunteer shift and talk about the experience. Tell listeners how they can get set up to volunteer themselves - another reason to extend a stay by a day. We've got shifts booked for our next trip. This will be our 4th time volunteering there, and it all started because of the DIS.

The Disney area has a lot more to it and a lot more reasons to visit than just Disney World and Universal. Tell people about all of the other things to see and do on their vacations. The DIS Facebook pages and other social media and the boards are filled with people asking about offsite dining, shopping, the best beaches, etc. I think it would be great for the shows to cover all of that stuff.

The #1 thing I would love to see them do is pick up where The Trip left off. Give us coverage of offsite stuff - dining, shopping, attractions, and activities. Especially for those of us who have been to Disney World literally dozens of times over the past 4+ decades, dare I say it can get a little boring. We're always looking for new and different things to do when we visit. Our next trip is in October and I already have a list of restaurants we might check out while we're there. Lots of guests don't want or need to be on property 24/7.

And I would argue that this would actually be good for business for Dreams. It would give people more reasons to come and more reasons to stay longer. It would also help people convince reluctant spouses and other family members who aren't hardcore Disney fans to come, knowing that there will be other non-Disney aspects to the trip. It also can help make trips more affordable, which also helps people come more often and/or stay longer. Maybe somebody would add a day to their trip to include a visit to Bok Tower Gardens or to take the little ones to Legoland or to go ziplining or take an airboat ride.

I totally agree!! I was looking for a new podcast a couple months ago looking for something new, and came across The Trip and binged listened within a couple weeks. I did not want to bring it up since I was not sure if it was a sore subject (I was not a Diser at the time). I thought it was extremely funny and insightful.

Picking it up would especially helpful with providing insight into the DS hotels, which the show started to.

This trip, which is a third year in a row, I wanted to do something different off property, and picked Gatorland. This is for the exact reason you stated, in that I wanted a less expensive alternative. Also, I liked how they reviewed some restaurants which are chains; and could be useful as a point of reference for those at home. They did a review of Shake Shack (it was a couple of years ago), which is a couple of blocks from my office; and found there review matched my experience.

I would also like to see the return of other past content, like email and voicemail shows, Pete solo shows, the Prizematron, etc.
Ooooh - forgot about Pete Solo shows and FreeForm Friday Shows, @disneysteve - GREAT idea!! And I've heard about the fabled Prizematron, would love to experience it! :)

BTW - Forgot to say - @TheMaxRebo - Thank you so much for starting this thread!

Ditto on this! While we are on a multi-year Disney break, we may go back to Orlando next summer for a Universal Trip. I have some other non-Disney ideas in place for non-Universal days, but it's nice to know about all of the other things out there to help break up the time. It's been over 21 years since I was a FL resident and there is so much there that I just don't know about. DH is also kind of bored with Disney...like we've done it all in his mind. While there will be a lot of new Disney things when we finally return, I know diversification of activities and activity locations will need to be part of my plans.

Oh dear god.

I know right? I do this group chat thing on Saturdays and it shows all the members live pictures. I hate seeing myself. If we go to a chat and can see each other it means no more wearing my PJs while watching the DIS. I'll even have to take a shower before the show. Lol. On the plus side Llama, we would have been able to see your tux that you wore for the 1000th episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter