The night before your WDW race....

KingLlama

DIS Veteran
What do you do?

I'm running the Dark Side Half(it'll be my first Disney race), and will be arriving Saturday afternoon(the day before). I'll head straight to the Expo to pick up my bib and check things out, but I'm unsure how to use the rest of the afternoon/evening. I won't be hitting up a park that day.

Do you....

-Relax at the hotel, and crash early?
-Visit Disney Springs?
-Something else I'm not thinking of?
-Any "night before" dinner traditions?

I go to the park and get to the hotel around 8/9. Sometimes I'll wonder around the hotel before heading back to the room. I usually don't end up falling asleep until midnight though but ill just lay in bed. I don't ever get enough sleep

In your situation, I would relax at the hotel and go to bed early. Disney Springs is more walking and you want to conserve your energy for the race.

For 2012 Wine & Dine, I arrived in Orlando Monday evening for a Saturday night race. I toured the parks normally Tuesday through Friday and planned to lounge around my room the day of the race. Seeing as how I had excessive nervous energy, I realized that I would be better off going to Epcot and doing every attraction that involved at least 15 minutes of sitting down and little to no waiting in line. That worked well for me.

For 2017 Dark Side, I ran the challenge. I took the west coast red eye on Wednesday and arrived Thursday morning. Went to the Expo, visited Disney Springs and went to bed early. Woke up normal Friday morning and went to the parks, making sure to be very careful about how much time I spent on my feet. An early dinner and early bedtime followed. After the 10K, I went to the parks, again opting for lots of sitting, minimal time on my feet, capped off with another early dinner and early bedtime.

Even if you don't sleep, lying down in a dark room will be more restful than time on your feet.

Typically, we eat dinner around 5/5:30PM. After dinner, we will head back to the room to relax for the evening usually going to be sometime between 7:30 and 9. The 7:30 tends to happen when we've run the 10K that morning and going to bed before half marathon.

We tend to do Italian on Friday Night and something Protein Heavy on Saturday Night.

I prep my clothing just to make sure I have everything. Don't laugh but I'll put it in order, too....3AM is awful early and I'm not functioning on all cylinders!

I fill out the emergency info then pin my bib to my shirt so I don't need to worry about it in the morning. I prep my GUs, my breakfast, and a bottle of water to take with me. I make sure my ID and phone is in my arm band (with phone charging). I put my Magic Band with it so I can get back in the room afterwards...which is always nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter