The "No Theme, No Excuses" January Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the January Exercise Challenge! We don't really have a theme for this month (hence the title) but everyone is probably pretty motivated by their new year's resolutions, and I'll try to throw in some random fun stuff as we go along.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! This is how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes toward that goal as they exercise. (You can post every day, or just whenever you can.) All sorts of movement counts – walking, running, yoga, Zumba, whatever…outside, at the gym, or right at home! You can set a monthly goal that means something to you, or calculate your goal based on a target number of minutes per day. Since January has 31 days, here are some popular conversions:

10 minutes/day = 310
15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930

Part of the fun of our Disney challenge is color changing, so page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress:

Blue - 10%
Orange -25%
Purple - 50%
Pink - 75%
Red - 90%
Green - 100%

The challenge officially starts as of January 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

I'll start with a 15 min/day goal of 465.

January Participants:

-------------------------------
PollyannaMom - 505/465
Dentam - 870/900
LizardQueen8 - 1200/1200
jmaussies - 311/620
sophy1996 - 1115/1100
swissfamilyrobinson - 286/900
LinseyJo22 - 787/1200
Ladyfish77 - 570/620

SarahDisney - 1501/1500
BernardandMissBianca - 137/1008
galaxygirl76 - 1270/1200
kathleen27 - 1033/1200
MochaDrinker - 400/400
Dis*Mom - 250/480
DVCFan1994 - 1680/1750

scdak - 720/1000
roxymama - ?
CruisingKate - 850/900
2manypets - 1947/1500
Chicago262 - 90/1890
glss1/2fll - 1265/1400
BumbleB - 645/465

-------------------------------
Team Totals: 17,432/21,698

Last edited:
Thanks for taking January on, @PollyannaMom! I will set a goal of 900 minutes for this month. Part of my goal is to finally start on a regular schedule of using my rowing machine indoors this winter since it can get pretty brutally cold here in Denver.

Today the temps got above freezing (we've been in the 20's with single digit lows) and I took my dog for a 40 minute walk around Wash Park. Saw a bald eagle perched in a tree as we were heading back to the car!

40/900

I'm in for 1100, and started out with 30 minutes at the gym this morning. It was crowded with New Year's resolutioners.

30/1100

Thanks for taking January on, @PollyannaMom! I will set a goal of 900 minutes for this month. Part of my goal is to finally start on a regular schedule of using my rowing machine indoors this winter since it can get pretty brutally cold here in Denver.

Today the temps got above freezing (we've been in the 20's with single digit lows) and I took my dog for a 40 minute walk around Wash Park. Saw a bald eagle perched in a tree as we were heading back to the car!

40/900

We're the Wild West here, with eagles in the city!
We're running a 10k in City Park tomorrow. I'm so thankful it should be at least in the 20s or maybe even the 30s in the morning, rather than 7 or 9!

15 minutes yesterday for me - a short walk in the afternoon and some crunches last night. Team goal so far is already at 6,385!

Fun for today (completely optional) is:
Post Your New Year's Resolutions.

Mine are decluttering and exercise.

Cricket New Year.png New Year Pin.jpg

How cool!!

It was!! He was perched in a branch about halfway up the tree. Some people were taking pics of him and pointed him out to me. A very gorgeous bird! It was the perfect way to start the new year!

ETA: Just saw your post on New Year's resolutions. My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds (more would be nice since I gained over the holidays) before our mid-April trip to Disneyland. I would like to get on a regular schedule of using my rowing machine at least 3 times a week along with improving my eating habits!

57 minutes today (running plus walking to and from event).

Sadly my 10k turned into a 5k. It was just too cold for me. My DH finished his entire 10k in just about 53 minutes though!

87/1100

My resolutions are to make some of the few dozen quilts I have fabric for, continue decluttering, continue exercising regularly, and try to cut down on sugar.

Good morning, and welcome to those who have just joined! I've updated page 1 through last night, and added my own time for yesterday - a 15 minute walk.

Today's fun stuff is trivia. I've been reading a book about the 1964-65 World's Fair in New York, and there are several Disney mentions:

The Carousel of Progress, created by Walt Disney, was part of the General Electric pavilion. The show's theme song, "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow," was written by Richard and Robert Sherman, the same pair who wrote the songs for Mary Poppins. The ride was moved to Disneyland after the fair.

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was featured in the Illinois pavilion. It debuted there in 1964, but a duplicate version opened at Disneyland in 1965, while this one was still running at the fair.

A lot of people already know that "it's a small world" was originally part of the fair as well (and hugely popular, even though it was one of the attractions that charged a separate admission). But did you know there was also a 120-foot kinetic sculpture along with it? It marked the entrance to the Pepsi-Cola pavilion, dedicated to UNICEF. Here is link to more information:

http://worldsfairphotos.blogspot.com/2009/10/tower-of-four-winds.html

and a picture:

tower-four-winds-2.jpg

Thanking you for hosting @PollyannaMom

I am back in this month. I didn't get many minutes in during December, but I'm raising my goal up to 1200 for January. I need to get serious about training for Princess Half next month!

44 min walk/run on Friday
0 yesterday
71 minute run/walk today - I did not want to get out there today, It was windy, but I warmed up quick and I am glad I dragged myself out.

115/1200

Resolutions - Fitness / health wise - Get on track for RunDisney training, get enough sleep, and stay hydrated.
non-fitness - Get rid of clutter and get more organized, Lower the family grocery spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter