The non-PTR, Pre Trip Report - How many trips can I get out of this AP looks like 1 more! - Updated 5/9

Maren is napping, and Dillon is playing on her iPad and I really should be cleaning the house, or engaging with Dillon or working on my presentation for this huge meeting I have this week. But instead I’m playing on the DIS!

I’ll start packing tomorrow, but I got some more of the items I ordered! I swear I do not have a shopping problem) they rest should be here tomorrow!

IMG_5398.jpgIMG_5396.jpgIMG_5399.jpg
I of course got one for Dillon too!

I really wanted something different for this trip, but couldn't find something i loved to do so we went with books again. They do have scrap book pages for the pictures so i think that will be fun...... If I ever get around to doing them :rotfl2:

Organically the Halloween party really wasn't on my radar, Dillon is usually asleep by 9:30 the latest even on vacation, and frankly any later and she is not that fun. But I would love to do it and they do have a Descendants dance party, which could be fun since she is really into Descendants... but to leave the party by 10 (if we are lucky) is it worth the cost??

In other news I am trying to finalize my October plans, and i am not sure how FP's are going to work... 60 days out is first day is the August trip, and i have heard with APs sometimes 2 trips that close together can cause FP issues, anyone have experience with this?

Also DH has told at least 3 people he knows i am going to rope him into another trip this year before the AP's expire, he knows me so well! I am currently looking at end of May early June. We have an election day off in June for the kids, and 2 half days the week before, so i am thinking we could miss 2 full days and a half day and get 5 full days and 2 travel days. Now to convince DH....

After these AP's expire we are on a break for a family trip till Nov 2021 (I do have a sister and maybe cousin trip for the 50th planned as well).

Organically the Halloween party really wasn't on my radar, Dillon is usually asleep by 9:30 the latest even on vacation, and frankly any later and she is not that fun. But I would love to do it and they do have a Descendants dance party, which could be fun since she is really into Descendants... but to leave the party by 10 (if we are lucky) is it worth the cost??

I don't think I'd do it if I had to leave by 10. When we go, Hubby and I have agreed that we're staying through the 12am Villian show, even if that means we're pushing sleeping kids around the park. That said, we're only doing a couple of days, so keeping them out too late one night won't mean we have a bunch of miserable park days after the fact.

For a normal length trip and kids that sleep before 10, I don't think I'd do a party. The only way we considered it was doing a short trip where we won't be touring enough other days to be concerned about burnout.

I don't think I'd do it if I had to leave by 10. When we go, Hubby and I have agreed that we're staying through the 12am Villian show, even if that means we're pushing sleeping kids around the park. That said, we're only doing a couple of days, so keeping them out too late one night won't mean we have a bunch of miserable park days after the fact.

For a normal length trip and kids that sleep before 10, I don't think I'd do a party. The only way we considered it was doing a short trip where we won't be touring enough other days to be concerned about burnout.
That’s how I’m leaning. I mean I could push her around for hours.... I’m so torn. Leaning toward skipping it... she may stay up later but your right it could mess with the whole trip.

That’s how I’m leaning. I mean I could push her around for hours.... I’m so torn. Leaning toward skipping it... she may stay up later but your right it could mess with the whole trip.

With my kids, I know if I keep them up late, I pay for it eventually. I'm guessing that, after the late night on the 27th, we'll be able to do a Blizzard Beach day on the 28th and an MK morning on the 29th. Then, they'll crash hard somewhere between ME and the flight home. Actually, even that is pushing it, but I'm hoping since it's such a short trip and the 27th is the only late night, we'll get through.

If you did MNSSHP, how late into the trip would you do it?

With my kids, I know if I keep them up late, I pay for it eventually. I'm guessing that, after the late night on the 27th, we'll be able to do a Blizzard Beach day on the 28th and an MK morning on the 29th. Then, they'll crash hard somewhere between ME and the flight home. Actually, even that is pushing it, but I'm hoping since it's such a short trip and the 27th is the only late night, we'll get through.

If you did MNSSHP, how late into the trip would you do it?

I do agree a short trip with less going on gives a bit more flexibility in terms of burn them out and you go home soon! Dont need to keep them going for a week!

Would need to be the 23rd which is the 2nd night.. which could be good or bad..... the next day can be a late start if we wanted don't have anywhere to be till 12 or 1. But it may take 2 or 3 days for her to get back on schedule if she ends up staying up late..... the 27th isn't an option because we have an early morning the next day.

I am leaning towards passing.... thanks for helping me think it out!

I don't know that the party would be worth it for that short of time. Our party was also extremely busy so unless you would just be doing the dance party, hocus pocus and the first parade you probably won't get much done in the way of rides. (But if rides aren't a priority you probably could hit some of the party specific things)

I don't know that the party would be worth it for that short of time. Our party was also extremely busy so unless you would just be doing the dance party, hocus pocus and the first parade you probably won't get much done in the way of rides. (But if rides aren't a priority you probably could hit some of the party specific things)
Yeah I’m leaning towards not doing it. She doesn’t really know the difference and while I would love it, it’s not as worth it if I have to leave early. I could push around sleeping children.... that’s always an option

Yeah I’m leaning towards not doing it. She doesn’t really know the difference and while I would love it, it’s not as worth it if I have to leave early. I could push around sleeping children.... that’s always an option

Hahaha sounds like you might be leaning towards yes still! I mean theres a lot to watch just walking around the park from the second parade, the ghost out in front of Haunted Mansion, magic shots, so you could still probably get a decent amount out of the party even with sleeping kids

Hahaha sounds like you might be leaning towards yes still! I mean theres a lot to watch just walking around the park from the second parade, the ghost out in front of Haunted Mansion, magic shots, so you could still probably get a decent amount out of the party even with sleeping kids
Of course I’m still considering it beCause I’m crazy!! Haha

We will see

I feel like my whole life is a game of how many trips can I get out of these APs :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hm Halloween is my favorite thing pretty much so it's hard for me to say it's a bad idea to go to MNSSHP but if you have to leave by 10, I would say no probably since you'd miss the fireworks. If you can get away with pushing the girls while they sleep, I would be all for that lol. You could totally do the dance party, a show, the first parade with the girls and then watch fireworks and do party stuff with your husband while they sleep! I don't have kids so that sounds really doable to me but maybe not in reality lol

With the APs and FPs, if you're staying on-site for your trips you shouldn't have an issue. The problem I think people run into is when they aren't staying on-site.

I feel like my whole life is a game of how many trips can I get out of these APs :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really really want to fit in a December trip too, but I’m passing in exchange for the June trip, I think. Plus our feb flights are crazy expensive!

Hm Halloween is my favorite thing pretty much so it's hard for me to say it's a bad idea to go to MNSSHP but if you have to leave by 10, I would say no probably since you'd miss the fireworks. If you can get away with pushing the girls while they sleep, I would be all for that lol. You could totally do the dance party, a show, the first parade with the girls and then watch fireworks and do party stuff with your husband while they sleep! I don't have kids so that sounds really doable to me but maybe not in reality lol

It’s actually not bad pushing them around sleeping to do stuff (but dillon tech is to big for the stroller so it’s not as easy as it once was). It’s more when it’s time to leave getting them back to the hotel and all the logistics!

With the APs and FPs, if you're staying on-site for your trips you shouldn't have an issue. The problem I think people run into is when they aren't staying on-site.

Well tech I’m off site at the doubletree (60 day FP window). But see next post...but still off site

So I got some unfortunate news this weekend. My very good friend has called off her wedding. So today I canceled that hotel reservation that was made on Hilton points.

Stay with me.

Our October trip was always on Hilton points at the Doubletree, but now with the canceled points from the wedding weekend we have enough to upgrade to the Waldorf Astoria.

Do I save the points or do I move, I’m thinking I should move, it will be a nice treat for an adults only trip. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Of course I’m still considering it beCause I’m crazy!! Haha

We will see

FWIW, depending on how early my girls tap out, I definitely want to get some magic shots with the sleeping kids. Make it a little joke to show them the next day, "Look, we met a headless horseman, but you slept through it." :-)

Loving seeing the insta pics! Hope you have an amazing trip.

Tim tracker and his wife did videos from staying at the Waldorf and it looks amazing! I would go for it.

Loving seeing the insta pics! Hope you have an amazing trip.

Tim tracker and his wife did videos from staying at the Waldorf and it looks amazing! I would go for it.

I am going to need to check out their videos, i made the upgrade!

Last edited:
we are home! What an amazing trip, we had many first and had a blast! I will hopefully start a trip report in the next few days! Will post here when i do and hope to see you all over there!

I am going to keep this PTR going for my October and Feb trips... and the spring/summer one i am going to be planning too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!