The non-PTR, Pre Trip Report - How many trips can I get out of this AP looks like 1 more! - Updated 5/9

I'm late to the party but joining in.

We'll be at YC for part of your trip, funny enough. After doing our big, once-in-maybe-four years trip in Feb/Mar, we planned a super quick one down so we can have a few Disney days with good friends and do a MNSSHP. We're at YC 8/25-8/28.

For your AK day, I think the 10:10 reservation is good considering it's an 8am start. I would definitely do that over a 2:45pm with your early risers. As to FoP, has Dillon been able to do Soarin' yet? I'd say her reaction there, or maybe Star Tours, is the closest you'll get to knowing whether she'll like FoP. It's obviously a much cooler ride than either of those but, at it's base, it's also a screen based motion simulator. My two who measured up did not like it.

Are you planning on trying to hit any of the night shows? If not, I say keep the EMMs and BBB early. I would think, without the benefit of Parisian jetlag, your kiddos will be up early and ready to go. It's only going to get hotter as the day goes on, so that early morning time is going to be super valuable.

The Trattoria meal was awesome! Definitely a great pick up.

Don't give up hope on a better time for Artist Point. I didn't have an ADR coming into my trip but was able to pick up my preferred time 48 hours ahead. I actually had several TP alerts pop up at progressively better times over the course of the week.

So how many character meals is to many?

Per my girls, the limit does not exist. They would have done a character meal every day if we let them, and we came close. They're only little once, right?

We ended up tossing Askershus in favor of Artist Point because of the serious overlap with Belle. Mine were happy to have met her at Enchanted Tales in her gold dress and France in her blue dress for an autograph.

Welcome! Thanks for following along!!

We'll be at YC for part of your trip, funny enough. After doing our big, once-in-maybe-four years trip in Feb/Mar, we planned a super quick one down so we can have a few Disney days with good friends and do a MNSSHP. We're at YC 8/25-8/28.

I'll be the one who by that point who has the IV for wine...

For your AK day, I think the 10:10 reservation is good considering it's an 8am start. I would definitely do that over a 2:45pm with your early risers. As to FoP, has Dillon been able to do Soarin' yet? I'd say her reaction there, or maybe Star Tours, is the closest you'll get to knowing whether she'll like FoP. It's obviously a much cooler ride than either of those but, at it's base, it's also a screen based motion simulator. My two who measured up did not like it.

Not yet, but it is on the list for this trip. I think she will 100% make the Soarin height, but i think she may be a hair to short for FoP. she is not yet 44 inches.. but i guess we are still just about 3 months way....

Are you planning on trying to hit any of the night shows? If not, I say keep the EMMs and BBB early. I would think, without the benefit of Parisian jetlag, your kiddos will be up early and ready to go. It's only going to get hotter as the day goes on, so that early morning time is going to be super valuable.

If we make them great, but they are not high priorities for us. I would LOVE to catch illuminations one more time, so its on the 'if we can list' but i would be ok if we didn't. I am leaning towards keeping everything. i do think by 2/3 days in i will know how it is going to go which still leaves time to cancel the EMM if i need to.

Don't give up hope on a better time for Artist Point. I didn't have an ADR coming into my trip but was able to pick up my preferred time 48 hours ahead. I actually had several TP alerts pop up at progressively better times over the course of the week.

I am actually starting to like this time, this is out final night, and with the early time i think we may be able to hop to a park after for a quick ride before we head to the Airport hotel... but if i get a better time i am not saying i wont jump on it.

Per my girls, the limit does not exist. They would have done a character meal every day if we let them, and we came close. They're only little once, right?

We ended up tossing Askershus in favor of Artist Point because of the serious overlap with Belle. Mine were happy to have met her at Enchanted Tales in her gold dress and France in her blue dress for an autograph.

yeah this is what i think we are going to end up doing. Honestly i think if all we did was meet characters and DD1 would be thrilled!

I love character meals and agree you can never have too many especially with the princesses princess:

I love Akershus so wouldn’t drop that but that’s my personal opinion...go with what suits you guys. Also good luck with the magic bands...hope you manage to get some :goodvibes

I love character meals and agree you can never have too many especially with the princesses princess:

I love Akershus so wouldn’t drop that but that’s my personal opinion...go with what suits you guys. Also good luck with the magic bands...hope you manage to get some :goodvibes

I know I do think it’s a great meal!! But it’s a lot of over lap with CRT....

Personally I would dump Akershus for CRT. Especially if you haven't done it before!

That is a lot of character meals but I'm sure it will be fun!

Personally I would dump Akershus for CRT. Especially if you haven't done it before!

That is a lot of character meals but I'm sure it will be fun!

I agree I think this is what I will end up doing.

But of course now I came up with a whole new ideal plan. Honestly I drive myself crazy.... in a good way

I agree I think this is what I will end up doing.

But of course now I came up with a whole new ideal plan. Honestly I drive myself crazy.... in a good way

Haha I feel like sometimes once I write everything out I end up coming up with a better plan to make it all work! So I get it!

Never too many character meals in my opinion :rotfl:

But I agree you can probably get rid of one of the two princess meals if you need to. Keeping CRT sounds like the better option.

Haha I feel like sometimes once I write everything out I end up coming up with a better plan to make it all work! So I get it!

100% Now to make this new idea happen! I mean this is LAST Minute in Disney planning!

Never too many character meals in my opinion :rotfl:

But I agree you can probably get rid of one of the two princess meals if you need to. Keeping CRT sounds like the better option.

I think we are going to drop Akershus, once i wrote out the plans and realized 4 days of princesses in a row.... maybe we need to do some shifting! working on an updated plan... DD may not agree... i think she would spend the whole trip just meeting characters if she knew that was an option...

I think there's no such thing as too many character meals :rotfl: . But if one has to go, I would definitely pick Akershus. We aren't fans of the food there at all.

I think there's no such thing as too many character meals :rotfl: . But if one has to go, I would definitely pick Akershus. We aren't fans of the food there at all.

I am starting to agree never to many! But Akershus is all but cut at this point... However we loved the breakfast food, the dinner was just ok. Then again they had cold cuts and cured meats at breakfast. This is DD1s plate at breakfast last march, if i remember we went back for more capers... 🤷‍♀️
IMG_0418.jpg

So my daily morning routine when I arrive at work is now.
1- start computer
2- get coffee
3- check for upgraded magic bands (I am going to need to get that belle one someway!)
4- check for yacht club standard room for arrival day
5- review FP plans and ADRs make sure I don’t want to make changes
6- work

Not insane at all!

Today I did help do ADRs for December and it was only somewhat successful.... we will monitor but 12-16 people is a hard task! Still hoping we can join for 2-4 days but it’s looking less likely.

I’m holding off daily plans till FP day in a few weeks as I have changed some things around... cause I mean why not

You warned me, but I couldn't help but look. My work routine was similar for a while checking airfare. Finally got it last week. Now I have nothing to do or at least nothing to do while I avoid actually doing something :P

1- start computer
2- get coffee
3- check for upgraded magic bands (I am going to need to get that belle one someway!)
4- check for yacht club standard room for arrival day
5- review FP plans and ADRs make sure I don’t want to make changes
6- work

Totally reasonable. I see no issue here :-)

So they announced previews for AP holders for SWGE. We were planning on upgrading when we arrived. But we wouldn’t get to book a preview....

So I called and was on the phone for A LONG TIME, but was able to get my room
rate as room only so I could purchase an AP separately. Then I was going to wait and buy my AP this morning, well I am so happy I did it last night... they went up about 220 each! So I saved $600! I mean that’s spending money right there!

Either way we now have APs and a room only reservation and I’m a happy lady!

DH said I was so happy last night I should book a Disney vacation everyday..... 🙋‍♀️
sign me up!!!

Also I’m helping someone at work plan a WDW vacation. I was telling DH about it and I say she said she only wants to go once or maybe twice so I said she shouldn’t go yet. He goes why would you only want to go once? 🥰

Last edited:
So they announced previews for AP holders for SWGE. We were planning on upgrading when we arrived. But we wouldn’t get to book a preview....

So I called and was on the phone for A LONG TIME, but was able to get my room
rate as room only so I could purchase an AP separately. Then I was going to wait and buy my AP this morning, well I am so happy I did it last night... they went up about 220 each! So I saved $600! I mean that’s spending money right there!

Either way we now have APs and a room only reservation and I’m a happy lady!

DH said I was so happy last night I should book a Disney vacation everyday..... 🙋‍♀️
sign me up!!!

Also I’m helping someone at work plan a WDW vacation. I was telling DH about it and I got she said she only wants to go once or maybe twice so I said she shouldn’t go yet. He goes why would you only want t go once? 🥰
Say what?!? AP prices went up this morning?!! Good thing you bought them last night. I just hope the Gold prices don’t increase.

Last edited:
Say what?!? AP prices went up this morning?!! Good thing you bought them last night. I just hope the Gold prices don’t increase.
I don’t know about Gold but platinum is 1119 I think!

The site is down, but it was posted in another thread with screenshots, by a very knowledgeable mod.

Insane I paid 849 yesterday!! 😳 To say the least I am very happy I didn’t wait till the morning and just sucked it up and did it last night! I would be so mad right now instead I’m on cloud 9. Drinking my coffee cause I’m the best wife ever image.jpg

Obviously a joke but I laugh every time I use this mug.... and since your up at 6am too maybe you will find it funny as well!

Obviously a joke but I laugh every time I use this mug.... and since your up at 6am too maybe you will find it funny as well!
I love it! And I guess I won’t be upgrading to the AP anymore. The Military salute tickets are a great price and we were only going to save $200 if I got an AP, looks like that savings is gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!