The nutters in CA who chained up 13 kids...

I read about both of these this morning and the YouTube and Instagram accounts make no sense. Clearly someone had access to the internet and knew about those websites, so there must have been awareness created at some point, including how to navigate the internet. If they were completely sheltered and cut off from things then they would not be aware of how to navigate the internet let along these sites existence.

Just saw an update on GMA this morning. The older ones are out of the hospital and enjoying normal "daily life" sort of things. The younger ones are in (I assume) foster care in two groups of three, but have been able to Skype with the older ones.

Just saw an update on GMA this morning. The older ones are out of the hospital and enjoying normal "daily life" sort of things. The younger ones are in (I assume) foster care in two groups of three, but have been able to Skype with the older ones.

I saw that too. GMA posted quite a lengthy update, interviewing their attorney. If GMA posts it on YouTube in a few hours, I, or someone else can post it for everyone. :thumbsup2

Otherwise, what I remember from this morning's update: The older ones were taken out of the hospital under cover and are now living together in a rural house somewhere in CA, where, presumably they can have privacy & safety from prying eyes, as they can now go outside whenever they want. They've been reunited with their dog. The favorite things they've enjoyed the most so far are: getting their own bedrooms, being able to pick out their own bedding, having a bathroom and being able to use it. They are really loving trying out a lot of different foods. They love Mexican food, and had a great time digging into ice cream sundaes smothered in hot fudge sauce. :cloud9: Their favorite movies are the Star Wars series.

As for WHY the 17 year old finally called the police, when she was able to make those YouTube videos of herself singing, the lyrics of one of the songs she made up was, "Where is the KEY. . ." presumably to the leg shackles or the house. :eek: She struck up a conversation with some guy and they chatted back & forth a few times. She told him how she & the family have been living. HE is the one who told her people don't live that way :scared1: and was the one who encouraged her to escape & call the police. :thumbsup2

:worship: He deserves a medal, IMO.

Last edited:

The recording of the 911 call of the daughter who called in and reported her parents has been made public. Thank God for that guy who had been talking to her about her songs on YouTube, who urged her to call the police. But, she is so calm in talking to the 911 operator and telling all the details, again thank God, the operator didn't just think she was a hoax and just hung up on her. :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter