The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Aren't you worried the knives will fall while traveling? Are the magnets that strong? I like the idea but that would be my fear.

My TT came with a place behind the stove with cut slots that I could slide the knives in to hold them. It's not the greatest but it does do the job. It's basically just a piece of wood (maybe quarter inch) with evenly spaced cut slots from smaller to larger. About 8 slots if I recall.

The magnets are pretty strong. I have thought about them falling, and we will see when we take our first trip, but they will only fall a couple inches on to the next pantry shelf. I worried more about this in our TT and for good reason, our TT was lighter and bounced more. I have a cow from chik fil a promotion years ago, and I put him on the shelf in the Fiver and he did not fall over while traveling. He has rounded feet and is pretty light weight, so I took the chance that the knives will be ok in this set up. Again, if it does not work, we will go with plan X.

Plan X????? Oh no! Not Plan X!

:rotfl2:

I am just picturing the magnets on the "Extremes." Either not strong enough (and will fall at a simple small PA Pothole :lmao:) or so strong that it's like the sword in the stone to get it out.

Obviously you know best with your stuff..... I like the idea though.

Plan X????? Oh no! Not Plan X!

:rotfl2:

I am just picturing the magnets on the "Extremes." Either not strong enough (and will fall at a simple small PA Pothole :lmao:) or so strong that it's like the sword in the stone to get it out.

Obviously you know best with your stuff..... I like the idea though.
He could always opt for PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE

PaHunter (Chris), Where did you get the storage contains that you have put in the washer/dryer area? We have a toy hauler that has no storage. We will be going full time as soon as the house sells & liked what you did with that dead space. I love your camper & know you will make great memories & lots of fun.

I think the knives should do fine. We have one we bought from Ikea and mounted on the wall next to the stove. It is vertical and not upside down like yours, but we have never had a knife shake down. We even have scissors on it that don't have as much surface area touching the magnet and they stay put.

j

I think the knives should do fine. We have one we bought from Ikea and mounted on the wall next to the stove. It is vertical and not upside down like yours, but we have never had a knife shake down. We even have scissors on it that don't have as much surface area touching the magnet and they stay put.

j

It's funny that as I read your post I can't help to think about a recent experience with a "Magnetic" holder I had recently.

I use my phone as a GPS when I travel long distance. I had a suction cup mount that I had purchased a few years ago. The problem is, that technically speaking, putting these on your windshield (at least in PA) can get you a traffic citation. (I have a State Trooper friend). So the one I bought came with a "Mounting Plate". The plate had a "Sticker" to hold it to the dash (or where ever). Anyway.... it sucked. So I took the step of using an epoxy to permanently bond it to the "Cover" on the dash of my F-250 (figuring this on dash compartment door could be easily and cheaply replaced if needed). So it worked well, except that after the mount sits on the dash a few days in the Florida heat, the "Rubber" that allowed you to "Swivel" the head into position failed.

Long story short... I bought one of those that plugs into the cigarette lighter and had an arm on it. The head was a Magnetic holder. You'd attach a metal plate to your phone that would then allow it to easily snap to the holder and hold it in place. Well, besides the fact that I hated where it left the Phone (for visibility reasons and I'd have to take the phone off every time I had to shift the truck), it didn't take too much of a bounce to knock it off. So in a word, it "Sucked".

So how is it we can make a magnetic holder to hold knives and/or scissors in a bouncing trailer (often bouncing quite hard) but can't hold a small cell phone?

Okay... My rant is over (and the magnetic mount went back to Target where it was bought)

We just got an Ikea in St Louis a little over a year ago. I can walk to it from work. 3 years ago when I redid my kitchen, the closest was in Chicago, so I drove up the 4 1/2 hours on a Friday night and came home with a kitchen in the back of my truck on Saturday. Literally everything except the kitchen sink. It was on back order. :D

I'm not sure how they do it. I looked at the other "flat pack" cabinet stores (Cabinets to go) and Ikea was half the price, had many more options and better quality. I've been sold on their stuff ever since. Even have a bunch of things in the new camper. These little baskets are from there.

20160220_192154_zpsskuevcyl.jpg~original

And now, back to the September Trip topic.

I start PT today for my chronic "lady hips" (official PA diagnosis), so hopefully I can stand and walk for hours each day while we are on the trip. Hopefully this will ward off hip replacements for a while.

j

Last edited:
I start PT today for my chronic "lady hips" (official PA diagnosis), so hopefully I can stand and walk for hours each day while we are on the trip. Hopefully this will ward off hip replacements for a while.
Well I hope PT goes well for you. I guess you could always join the ranks of those with the Scooters. We all know how well they are "Loved" at Disney. :rolleyes1

It's funny that as I read your post I can't help to think about a recent experience with a "Magnetic" holder I had recently.

I use my phone as a GPS when I travel long distance. I had a suction cup mount that I had purchased a few years ago. The problem is, that technically speaking, putting these on your windshield (at least in PA) can get you a traffic citation. (I have a State Trooper friend). So the one I bought came with a "Mounting Plate". The plate had a "Sticker" to hold it to the dash (or where ever). Anyway.... it sucked. So I took the step of using an epoxy to permanently bond it to the "Cover" on the dash of my F-250 (figuring this on dash compartment door could be easily and cheaply replaced if needed). So it worked well, except that after the mount sits on the dash a few days in the Florida heat, the "Rubber" that allowed you to "Swivel" the head into position failed.

Long story short... I bought one of those that plugs into the cigarette lighter and had an arm on it. The head was a Magnetic holder. You'd attach a metal plate to your phone that would then allow it to easily snap to the holder and hold it in place. Well, besides the fact that I hated where it left the Phone (for visibility reasons and I'd have to take the phone off every time I had to shift the truck), it didn't take too much of a bounce to knock it off. So in a word, it "Sucked".

So how is it we can make a magnetic holder to hold knives and/or scissors in a bouncing trailer (often bouncing quite hard) but can't hold a small cell phone?

Okay... My rant is over (and the magnetic mount went back to Target where it was bought)

Probably the same situation were I can't keep a cell phone call here all the way to work, but people fleeing a country can use theirs to navigate the ocean. Some things are just better than others.

So, now back to our September trip. Our window for FP's is rapidly approaching. Guess I really need to look at where we will be in the parks and get some of those coveted FP's, especially over in AK. DW will be picking up a paper towel dispenser to be mounted in the outside kitchen. I still need to add a shelf or two in the kitchen cabinets. Work continues on the key holder, although not sure much will get done the rest of this week with OT at work. We have at least two more camping trip locally, within 1.5 hours coming up to shakedown, prep for our Disney trip.

You could always join the ranks of those with the Scooters. We all know how well they are "Loved" at Disney. :rolleyes1
Now that's an idea. I can get my DAC (or whatever it's called now) and get front of line access for me, my family and whatever rented family I can find to pay my way. :D

Our window for FP's is rapidly approaching. Guess I really need to look at where we will be in the parks and get some of those coveted FP's,
I just noticed my FP window opens on July 18th. Easy day to remember since it's my birthday. I need to do the same thing. I was trying to coordinate some sort of daily schedule with my sister, but she is completely disinterested in any planning, so I'm just doing it all for her. If she doesn't like it, we can do our thing and she can do whatever. I made a couple of ADRs for all of us so my niece could have a couple of fun character meals. DS wasn't interested in even seeing what was available and said "whatever".

This is gearing up to be a fun trip. o_O

The last one that we invite "family" on for awhile. I know my niece will be thrilled with all of it, but her mother is trying to make everything a downer.

j

So last trip we did the Steam Trains tour, and it was so cool. This trip we have scheduled the Keys to the Kingdom tour. So there will be no pictures from KTTK tour. But that was not true last year for the trains tour.

_MG_8348-1.jpg

Engine getting ready for the day.

_MG_8364-1.jpg

Getting ready to light the fire.

We are doing KTTK this year too, but have always wanted to do the steam train tour. Maybe next time.

j

We did the KTTK tour this past year and the Steam Train tour several years ago. Both are cool if you have half a day in the MK to devote to them.

Bama Ed

So before I get my day started on Disney/Trailer projects. Just a couple things we might see this year on our trip.

_MG_8686-1.jpg
Haunted Mansion

_MG_8709-1.jpg
Haunted Mansion

_MG_8782-1.jpg
POC

_MG_8832-1.jpg
Rare photo from the GSP Dismeet........No seriously, Jungle Cruise.

And a couple more from last year....just in a Disney mood, and getting closer to that 60 day mark.
_MG_8912-1.jpg
Let me tell you about this place called Disney.....

_MG_8925-1.jpg
You say it's magical...
_MG_8942-1.jpg
How about a moonlight cruise....

_MG_8951-1.jpg
And there you have it....
_MG_8986-1.jpg
Wishes...to close out the night....looking forward to shooting the new fireworks show.

_MG_6917-1.jpg
Maybe this trip we will take a safari, and I can get him in focus....

_MG_7051-1.jpg
Swim with the sharks, err I mean take in a show.

_MG_7091-1.jpg
Search for some bones....

_MG_7108-1.jpg
Or try to find a Dinosaur....

_MG_7103-1.jpg
And well.....there are all kind of special things around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter