The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Little concerned about the "not all loops are opened" comment, I'm sure they are booked full for October, wonder when they are going to get the rest of the loops open and how they will decide who gets to keep their camping spot and who doesn't............

Yes! Fantastic news Jim! We missed out on all the new night time shows at AK last year. We were all just too tired to stay for it. So there is a new night time ride & two light shows? Trying to get a game plan for our Dec trip. Pictures are looking great! Keeping them coming. I had to come here and check for trip report updates before I started my day:) Glad to see you will get moved over before Epcot ressie.

MTNJohn he had a reservation.

Teamubr- once you've gotten your golf cart and had time to go looping we will all expect a full report of course, in fact I have to wonder if a trip report has ever been watched more closely by this many people :laughing:

Did you have a reservation, or did you just work it out at the gate?
As Ruthies said, I had a reservation. I was supposed to have checked in on the 16th. I've been roughing it in a 2BR villa at Old Key West.

MTNJohn he had a reservation.

Teamubr- once you've gotten your golf cart and had time to go looping we will all expect a full report of course, in fact I have to wonder if a trip report has ever been watched more closely by this many people :laughing:
How about I give you an update before I pick up the cart? Kenny got a little delayed.

It looks like these loops are still closed, although the ones blocked looked really good, so it shouldn't be long.

Closed loops.
100, 200, 600, 900, 1000, 1100, 2100.

It seems they focused on the east side loops and the cabins. You can not go down through the center. 700 and 800 have to go down the east road (past 1400) and turn back up the center road at the Settlement.

20170920_083438-1612x907.jpg

There are still a bunch of dump trucks in the overflow lot and work being done in the closed loops.
20170920_083857-1612x907.jpg

This pic is over by Creekside Meadow, past the 2000 loop.

j

Little concerned about the "not all loops are opened" comment, I'm sure they are booked full for October, wonder when they are going to get the rest of the loops open and how they will decide who gets to keep their camping spot and who doesn't............

Looks like they have closed all reservations through Friday night, but sites open up for new reservations starting Saturday. It's conjecture, but that suggests to me that they currently have enough loops open to handle existing reservations, and that they expect to be opening up more towards the weekend to handle additional flow. I can't imagine they would have any problem getting ramped up for Halloween traffic.

Here are a couple of more pics while I wait for Kenny.

During the ceremony at 8, they alluded to the rumors of the Fort's demise. The quote went something like, We have been working hard to get reopened and we are here to stay. He said there have been hundreds of CMs and contractors working in the last week to get the Fort into shape.

The parade of campers heading in after the (re)opening ceremony.

20170920_081620-1612x907.jpg

Dump trucks in the overflow lot. You can still hear chain saws off in the distance and see the big tree chippers along some of the roads.

20170920_084518-1612x907.jpg

j

Been back to check this report 5 times since I woke up!

Now to see if Jim posts a pic of his set up....

Insert a GIF of a mom who hasn't left her house in two days and wearing leggings and biting her nails in anticipation....

As Ruthies said, I had a reservation. I was supposed to have checked in on the 16th. I've been roughing it in a 2BR villa at Old Key West.

How about I give you an update before I pick up the cart? Kenny got a little delayed.

It looks like these loops are still closed, although the ones blocked looked really good, so it shouldn't be long.

Closed loops.
100, 200, 600, 900, 1000, 1100, 2100.

It seems they focused on the east side loops and the cabins. You can not go down through the center. 700 and 800 have to go down the east road (past 1400) and turn back up the center road at the Settlement.

View attachment 270874

There are still a bunch of dump trucks in the overflow lot and work being done in the closed loops.
View attachment 270881

This pic is over by Creekside Meadow, past the 2000 loop.

j

The 400 loop is also closed, as that was where we requested to be. :sad:

So as it seems I am a bit late to the party and TeamUBR has everyone updated. There is not much to cover.
We went and did KTTK this morning, so we did not get to move from our hotel to the Fort until this afternoon. We have landed in 1107, since the 400 loop is still closed. No pictures from KTTK and well hope to get some ready from last night at Hollywood Studios. Maybe fireworks at the beach tonight, not sure, guess we have to drive to Overflow and catch a bus to the Settlement, as they can't run up the main road.

We went and did KTTK this morning, so we did not get to move from our hotel to the Fort until this afternoon.
Glad you made it done OK and have been able to work with it. Outstanding job on the pepper steak. Enjoy yourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!