The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Well it's official the Fort is open. I like the whole thing they did to make it into something different. After the Fort people are "different". With that said, I will leave you all with this...

sneek peek.JPG

:scratchin
I did my part to make sure the Fort keeps its rightful place at Disney.

Teamubr & family, So glad you now home & the fun begins. Loving all the info & I know good things to come. We were suppose to land their today, but things got in the way. We will be in Feb/March, hopefully, if God willing & the creeks don't rise.

Off to the see Chip and Dale......
Stopped by TeamUBR site before, but they were out and about.
This is funny. We got back about 6:50 from monorail hopping. My sister and niece went to the campfire while I cooked some burgers. I'm not sure where I was when you came by.
We also drove past PA Hunter's site. Saw his DIS Boards sign but the place was dark. I didn't knock. This was right at the end of the campfire.

Long day, but we are moved in. I got my Mickey lamp and some other lights put out just in time for it to get dark. I didn't get any pics. We did make our lunch reservation at Teppan Edo and then walked through the countries we missed on Monday. Then took a nice monorail ride to GF and CR for some shopping. I picked up some nice Mickey ties. I get to be one of the suit and tie people at work, so I class it up with Disney ties.

After that we took the little boat back home to the Fort and everything was right with the world.

I did some looping tonight. As Chris said, the 400 loop is closed and 1100 is open. The bus driver told me the center road has been closed since July 4th weekend due to a water pipe issue under the road. We did see some unexplained paving equipment on the road between the Outpost and the 4 way stop. I thought that was odd for hurricane recovery. You can get down to the Meadows trading post, but you can see barricades down the road past there.

Tomorrow is our KTTK tour. Not sure what we will do after that. Might just come back and enjoy the Fort.

j

Last edited:
Chris,

Amazing pics, as usual. DS wants to talk to you about your camera and what kind of post production you might do on a computer.

j

Great pictures Chris! I always "almost" bring my big girl camera and then don't at the lasts minute. There never seems to be enough space and then protective space around that. Now with the trailer, I might just bring it next trip.
I'm a Canon Mark III lover with a full line of L series and use both LR & Photoshop for post processing. After I retired from "shooting professionally" I couldn't bring myself to sell off the equipment. Most the time it just gathers dust.

I grabbed a couple of pics of the campsite. After driving around the rest of the loops, I'm pretty sure the CMs didn't get a chance to look at the comments noting I am 65 ft long. Understandable given the work to get everything reopened. I barely fit in the site. The trailer is hanging off the back, just touching the trees at the back. I can't back the truck in without blocking the road. Most of the other sites in 1400 would have fit better.

20170921_183806-1612x907.jpg

20170921_183829-1612x907.jpg

Going to go up and watch fireworks from the beach in a few minutes.

j

Thanks for all the pix...I'll try to add to the thread after we get there Saturday.

Since we're seeing pix, does that mean the Fort's wifi is operational?

Thanks for all the pix...I'll try to add to the thread after we get there Saturday.

Since we're seeing pix, does that mean the Fort's wifi is operational?

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Wi-Fi is working at the Fort, but like others have said, it can be slow at times. I'm about half/half posting between Wi-Fi and 4G.

j

Beautiful trailer, Jim. Thanks for sharing your set up. Sure do have to appreciate all that foliage. Disney does a great job (when possible) about privacy between campsites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter