The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Are any other new owners going to be missing their trip due to quarantine? We’re due to leave April 30. I’m sure we aren’t going, but the CM from member services talked me into keeping my reservation when I called the other day. He said there’s still a chance they’ll be open. I decided to wait another week or so since there’s not much availability in studios in the next few months anyway. Sad To miss Moonlight Magic at Epcot and every other great thing we had planned.
We would have been there after our May cruise. We had a Jambo value studio and VAH for the night before the cruise. We tried to get a reservation for a week in August but couldn’t and we didn’t want to do a split stay with kids. We have now ended up with a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek instead.

I managed to book a couple nights in a preferred studio for October. My intent was to do a Food and Wine trip with my wife and try to convince her to add on. That’s not happening any time soon but I’m still looking forward to trying out the Riviera.

We had a mid-June trip that I cancelled a few weeks ago, I moved it to October. I thought about holding out to see if it would be open, but also didn’t want to lose my chance to reschedule in October. We’ve never gone that time of year, looking forward to the Halloween decor if it’s open by then
:)

We would’ve been there right now, staying in a standard 1BR at RIV and moving to a lake view 2BR at BLT for the second part of our stay. We were all signed up for various Star Wars races (including 100m dash for the 1 year old), and had MM booked at MK later in the trip. It was going to be a great trip! For now we’ve rescheduled to August and I was able to get RIV and BLT again, but I’m not optimistic that trip will happen either.

That’s rough. I know when we get to the actual dates it’s going to be hard, especially losing Flower and Garden and Moonlight Magic. I’m glad you got a good trip for August going though! I wish we had enough points to stay in a 1-bed. Jealous!

My heart breaks for you guys. Hopefully you can reschedule later in the year.

I hope so too. Thanks. I’m trying to focus on my blessings. :-)

Yeah. I’m due to arrive May 16th for my first DVC trip. I know it’s not happening, but for now I’m going wait and let Disney cancel.

My second trip of the year is in September at the Riviera. I wasn’t able to get a room there for my May stay.

I’m sure having a trip in September is some consolation. I’m going to wait it out too.

We would have been there after our May cruise. We had a Jambo value studio and VAH for the night before the cruise. We tried to get a reservation for a week in August but couldn’t and we didn’t want to do a split stay with kids. We have now ended up with a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek instead.

A 2 bedroom at Copper Creek is at least a great
trade-off. We had such a beautiful evening having drinks and food at Geyser Point during our Universal trip in October, plus Top of the World being a boat ride away. That’s making me jealous too. Lol.

I managed to book a couple nights in a preferred studio for October. My intent was to do a Food and Wine trip with my wife and try to convince her to add on. That’s not happening any time soon but I’m still looking forward to trying out the Riviera.

Gondola rides to Food & Wine sound amazing. Yeah, I was hoping this trip would inspire us to add on but everyone’s taking pay cuts around here so it will be a minute. It makes me more grateful we bought because I don’t feel conflicted about rescheduling over canceling even with financial changes.

We had a mid-June trip that I cancelled a few weeks ago, I moved it to October. I thought about holding out to see if it would be open, but also didn’t want to lose my chance to reschedule in October. We’ve never gone that time of year, looking forward to the Halloween decor if it’s open by then
:)
We’ve never been to WDW for Halloween but I’m spoiled by living close to Disneyland so I always get my Disney Halloween fix. I love it more than Christmas. Well, until they started making it snow on Main Street. Lol. Food & Wine and Halloween decor sounds good to me.

We were supposed to go at the end of May thru early June. i was keeping hope, even made my FP selections. But then when virginia announced they were staying closed until June 10 I decided it would likely not happen. So we’ve rebooked for end of July/aug but now in BLT 1bdrm. The kids are super disappointed not to be nesr the gondolas. I’m just hoping not to cancel again.

hopefully, we’ll be there next March for spring break!

We have our first DVC visit at the end on May with our 2019 points and a June UY.

We have a few days to put into RCI but I cannot see anywhere we’d like to stay in the locations we’d be interested in. We have bought 14 day passes (we live in the U.K.) that Disney have extended to September 2021 that cost more than our points. Our best bet is to hold tight and hope something positive comes out of this.

Disney cancelled our Fastpasses through May 9 so I cancelled our trip. 😢 The fall isn’t great for us and really nothing’s great until next March, except June l, so I booked it.

I don’t really think I’ll be going but I don’t mind just hoping. I am scared of what Disney might have to put in place if they are able to open. A mask in June would be so rough as would their opening just the resorts and not the parks.

I patched together 3 different resorts in 4 different rooms. We were going to do 2 resorts anyway so I can handle the transfers, but it would be a lot. Just hanging on to the dream.

I hope you are all hanging in there. We finally got sun where I live so that’s helped. Stay safe and not too crazy. :-)

We were supposed to go at the end of May thru early June. i was keeping hope, even made my FP selections. But then when virginia announced they were staying closed until June 10 I decided it would likely not happen. So we’ve rebooked for end of July/aug but now in BLT 1bdrm. The kids are super disappointed not to be nesr the gondolas. I’m just hoping not to cancel again.

hopefully, we’ll be there next March for spring break!

That’s so hard when the kids are disappointed. DS’s face just crumpled when he went to talk about it today. He’s been saving a gift card since a Christmas.

I would be sad to lose then gondolas but a 1bedroom at BLT will be so much fun for them too. The monorail and boat and walk to MK with it visible from everywhere. It sounds like a great trip. I hope we all get to take our backups!

We have our first DVC visit at the end on May with our 2019 points and a June UY.

We have a few days to put into RCI but I cannot see anywhere we’d like to stay in the locations we’d be interested in. We have bought 14 day passes (we live in the U.K.) that Disney have extended to September 2021 that cost more than our points. Our best bet is to hold tight and hope something positive comes out of this.

I hate hearing people in these tough spots. what did you decide to do?

I’m always so jealous of the U.K. deals. 14 day pass sounds like the perfect trip!

Our trip hasn’t been cancelled so we decided against rci. We know it’s a risk but hope it’ll pay off.

Fingers crossed that we will be able to take our trip June 20-27th! 1BR Standard View

Magical Express question -- does RIV have a dedicated bus? Or does it share with CBR or any other resorts? Thanks!

Fingers crossed that we will be able to take our trip June 20-27th! 1BR Standard View

Magical Express question -- does RIV have a dedicated bus? Or does it share with CBR or any other resorts? Thanks!

Our Magical Express trip made multiple stops. I believe we hit Poly, GF, and CBR before getting to RIV. We were the last couple on the bus.

Our Magical Express trip made multiple stops. I believe we hit Poly, GF, and CBR before getting to RIV. We were the last couple on the bus.
Oh wow thanks for the information! Maybe we will take a Lyft to the resort instead as we have a 6:40pm arrival that evening.

My thoughts go out to everyone trying to figure out what to do with their cancelled trips. :(

We bought in January and our "welcome home" trip was supposed to be the first week in June. We cancelled it and moved it back to October and then eventually settled on February 2021. Everything is just so up in the air with the university I work at and my son's high school, it was too hard to do long-term planning for the fall. We're hoping a vaccine might be out by February too.

We're so sad though not to be going to Disney in 2020, but trying to start building out anticipation about being at the Riviera next winter. How ironic--the year we finally decided to become DVC members, is the year we don't get to go! I know we're not the only family in this position.

Most ME busses share resorts. We’ve been last couple on the bus many-a-time. Need to factor that into your trips. We love magical express. When they start that WELCOME video and we hear Mickey, it’s that realization we’re on vacation at Disney. 😃👍🏼

My thoughts go out to everyone trying to figure out what to do with their cancelled trips. :(

We bought in January and our "welcome home" trip was supposed to be the first week in June. We cancelled it and moved it back to October and then eventually settled on February 2021. Everything is just so up in the air with the university I work at and my son's high school, it was too hard to do long-term planning for the fall. We're hoping a vaccine might be out by February too.

We're so sad though not to be going to Disney in 2020, but trying to start building out anticipation about being at the Riviera next winter. How ironic--the year we finally decided to become DVC members, is the year we don't get to go! I know we're not the only family in this position.

I’m so sorry to hear this. We are exactly in your boat with finally buying and a cancelled trip. I rescheduled for June but I doubt they will open by then. It’s very hard to plan anything right now, Disney or otherwise.

Most ME busses share resorts. We’ve been last couple on the bus many-a-time. Need to factor that into your trips. We love magical express. When they start that WELCOME video and we hear Mickey, it’s that realization we’re on vacation at Disney. 😃👍🏼

I agree it’s a great start to a trip, relaxing/convenient more than efficient. 😌

Wanted to thank the OP for the great info and bump this thread for any who, like me, might be looking for it. We were offered a free change to Riviera in exchange for a CSR gran destino reservation during the closures in July. I’m researching whether to keep the reservation or cancel it, so I am glad to have additional info.

Wanted to thank the OP for the great info and bump this thread for any who, like me, might be looking for it. We were offered a free change to Riviera in exchange for a CSR gran destino reservation during the closures in July. I’m researching whether to keep the reservation or cancel it, so I am glad to have additional info.

Agreed! @summerw did a great job.

You should stay at RIV for sure. We love it there.

We are thinking of staying here instead of the Villas at the Contemporary. Can anyone help with a comparison?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts