The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Will be at my first MNSSHP Nov 2nd, can you tell me about the Haunted Mansion, like when to go on the ride....do they let you in the special entrance earlier than 7......just planning our night.....we are all about rides and the parade....candy is nice too.

speaking of Candy, when people say its packed and like 30 people in line, honestly, that can't as long as 30 people in line for a character, esp the princesses.....just wondering for some perspective.

Thanks!

You can enter the park as early as 4:00p with just the party ticket. Ride HM when you like, the exterior is lit very well after dark. Candy lines move very quickly, and take very little time to do compared with character M&Gs.

You can enter the park as early as 4:00p with just the party ticket. Ride HM when you like, the exterior is lit very well after dark. Candy lines move very quickly, and take very little time to do compared with character M&Gs.

Thanks fo much Mesaboy2! Will they have a "new Entrance" to the ride, not the standard ones starting after 4? Just curious......Great to hear about the Candy lines, I mean its just Candy, but hey, the little princess is THRILLED about getting free Candy at the park! I heard our favorite ride Jungle Cruise is not open at the party - which is a shame at Disneyland its a GREAT one to do in the dark, so we will hit that one first thing when we get there.

Thanks fo much Mesaboy2! Will they have a "new Entrance" to the ride, not the standard ones starting after 4? Just curious......Great to hear about the Candy lines, I mean its just Candy, but hey, the little princess is THRILLED about getting free Candy at the park! I heard our favorite ride Jungle Cruise is not open at the party - which is a shame at Disneyland its a GREAT one to do in the dark, so we will hit that one first thing when we get there.

I misuderstood your earlier post. There is no special entrance to HM that isn't available any other time. The exterior is lit differently, with fog effects as I recall and CMs dressed even more the part. Otherwise the ride itself and the entrance is the same.

we are attending the party on oct 28th & i was just wondering if any of the parties near halloween have sold out yet?? this will be our third party but we have never attended one this close to the actual holiday.

I was unsure of this for our October 30 party and went ahead and bought ours this week just to be safe. I would imagine they'll sell out closer to the date but I didn't want to take the chance of a sell out since it'll be a highlight of our trip!

I was unsure of this for our October 30 party and went ahead and bought ours this week just to be safe. I would imagine they'll sell out closer to the date but I didn't want to take the chance of a sell out since it'll be a highlight of our trip!

I've already purchased our tix too, highlite of our trip as well!!! just trying to gauge how crazy the crowds will be!:scratchin

going to the party tonight. Has the new Fantasyland been open for "dress rehearsal" during any of the Halloween parties? We were fortunate enough to go thru the "dress rehearsal" yesterday at the MK and it is amazing! We went at the park opening and went straight there and it was open. It's opening for a few hours at a time periodically during the day. I am assuming during non-peak hours.... like at the opening.

will give info after the party. We also followed Suzy and Perla and the step mother around Fantasyland yesterday morn, rode the carousel with them and they were a hoot! they won't stop and take pix, but the cast member said to keep following them and they just did improv comedy and it was hysterical! The stepmother was going to sit on cinderella's horse, but at the last minute let a little girl dressed as cinderella ride instead. it was funny!:rotfl:

the new Fantasyland was open for "dress rehearsal" last night . this is the last week of dress rehearsal. It was awesome! got to walk onto the Ariel ride twice! I highly recommend going to the party. tons of candy and a great timepixiedust:

Can anyone help with the link to the 2012 MNSSHP Board? I have it saved in my favorites at work but not at home :sad:
We are going on Sunday and want to read up on what past party-goers have said.
Thank you!!

Thanks Turtle31 for this informative thread:thumbsup2. We are hopefully scoring MNNSHP tickets on Oct 31, 2013pixiedust:. This thread has some great information that we are going to plan on using. Again thanks:)

Please be advised Disney does not allow realitic Disney character costumes.
They do not want to be liable for a non cast member being mistaken for a character. There have been many people who were denied entry in said costumes.

staceycanada said:
Please be advised Disney does not allow realitic Disney character costumes.
They do not want to be liable for a non cast member being mistaken for a character. There have been many people who were denied entry in said costumes.

Lately they appeared to have relaxed this policy. In general, it appears to be okay as long as the guest isn't impersonating a CM (who is impersonating a character ;)). So, they should not accept requests for photos or autographs from other guests--things like that.

I never fear the wrath of the Disney costume police, I am going as a pro golfer(with one of those chlids plastic golf sets) and the second Party I am going as a Seattle Mariner ball player, I always go as a local sports(I am from Seattle if you could not tell) Athlete. Now If I can only convince my DS and his DGF to dress up?:rotfl2:

Can anyone tell me which rides are open during the 2013 party?
Is it the same as EMH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!