The "Official" 2017 Moms Panel Search Thread

Oh man, I worked on my questions all yesterday, burned out and did not submit. Still have yet to do the video. Did you guys script the video first and then read it? I am also not sure if I should have someone video me or just use prop the phone up. I'll be iPhoning it :)

Last edited:
Oh man, I worked on my questions all yesterday, burned out and did not submit. Still have yet to do the video. Did you guys script the video first and then read it? I am also not sure if I should have someone video me or just use prop the phone up. I'll be iPhoning it :)

I scripted it first and then read it, trying to NOT look at it as much as I could manage! I had someone else prop phone up on top of the laptop that i was reading from so that it was more or less steady. From what I've heard, it's TOTALLY fine to have iPhone-quality video, so that's what I did! :)

I'm using my iPhone as well. I wrote down what I wanted to say, and did a "test" video for time and clarity. I have most of my questions done and hope to get my video done by Thursday. Eek!

Hello! Was wondering if someone in the know could clarify: is the Disney trip that those who get selected to become panelists receive the training session only? Or do chosen panelists get a separate vacation for their family to be used down the road? In all of my reading on this great program, it's never been clear and I've read conflicting accounts!

Hello! Was wondering if someone in the know could clarify: is the Disney trip that those who get selected to become panelists receive the training session only? Or do chosen panelists get a separate vacation for their family to be used down the road? In all of my reading on this great program, it's never been clear and I've read conflicting accounts!

The training trip is not your reward trip for 4. That trip is scheduled for panelist at their choice of time and resort. The training trip is in Dec and is quite scheduled and busy for panelists. Best of luck!

I'm new here! This was my first time applying and I made it to Round two. I just finished my Round 2 questions and hit "Submit" and it just brought me back to the blank form again. Did I lose all my stuff or did it go through and they are not sending submission confirmations this round? Thanks for the help.

I'm new here! This was my first time applying and I made it to Round two. I just finished my Round 2 questions and hit "Submit" and it just brought me back to the blank form again. Did I lose all my stuff or did it go through and they are not sending submission confirmations this round? Thanks for the help.
If you haven't gotten out of it yet, hit the back button. That worked for me. Make sure all your answers are still there and that your video is still attached. I needed to reattach mine. Then when I hit submit again, it all went through successfully. Good Luck!

If you haven't gotten out of it yet, hit the back button. That worked for me. Make sure all your answers are still there and that your video is still attached. I needed to reattach mine. Then when I hit submit again, it all went through successfully. Good Luck!
Well shoot! I already got out. Thanks for the help, I'll try again!

Hi Everyone! I have submitted my round 2 application! Any idea on when emails for round 3 come out?
Also, is the training trip in December paid for by Disney? (ie. transportation, hotel, etc)
Pixie Dust to all! xoxo

Hi Everyone! I have submitted my round 2 application! Any idea on when emails for round 3 come out?
Also, is the training trip in December paid for by Disney? (ie. transportation, hotel, etc)
Pixie Dust to all! xoxo

Last year the next level of emails came out at day break on 10/23. Those who progressed scheduled phone conferences. After the phone conferences, I think, there were follow up timed essays and from those they picked the 9 people (I think) who made the panel.

Yes, Disney pays for everything on your training trip. You even get your own room! That alone would be a treat as I don't think I have ever had my own room in Disney. LOL!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I'm getting ready to submit my Round 2 answers and I'm having a problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to shrink my video to 50 mb. It's currently 100. It's a 57-second video made on an iPhone. Does anybody know how to make it smaller? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Hi Everyone. I'm getting ready to submit my Round 2 answers and I'm having a problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to shrink my video to 50 mb. It's currently 100. It's a 57-second video made on an iPhone. Does anybody know how to make it smaller? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
Did you do it in iMovie?

I THOUGHT mine had. Then I saw all the video postings on Facebook and I'm now suffering from "mine isn't good enough" anxiety. :-(

I THOUGHT mine had. Then I saw all the video postings on Facebook and I'm now suffering from "mine isn't good enough" anxiety. :-(
I'm so glad I decided early that I wouldn't look. For my personality type, it was best for me to be myself and only think about my own application. I bet yours was great! Try not to worry about anyone else.

Ahhhh . . . dont't feel that way. My video was quite simple and paled in comparison to some of the others. None of us know exactly what Disney is looking for. I think they are more interested in your message than your production quality. Plus, I'm introverted, overweight, and avoid cameras like the plague, so I'm patting myself on the back for even attempting this whole process!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!