The "Official" 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Thread

Aravan24

DISboards Jedi Master
I will be applying for the first time this year and wanted to create a place for the other hopefuls to gather and support each other here at the DIS.

I was actually able to make it to Walt Disney World for three separate visits last year despite living in Michigan. My wife and I were married at Seabreeze Point at Disney's Boardwalk Inn back in June of 2016 and we ended up taking a couple honeymoon trips with our annual passes. Between those visits and my ongoing love of following all things Disney, I think that making a run for the Disney Parks Moms Panel would be the perfect way to round out my year.

I'm sure that the 2018 search will bring out a ton of super-qualified candidates and it will be fun to get to meet these amazing individuals and support each other through the process. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
Welcome to the application process @Aravan24, and thanks for starting this thread (as well as posting the link in that other group).

This is my third year applying. First time I didn't make it past Round 1, and last year I made it into the final round.

Good luck, and have fun with it!

Let's keep this going! After all DIS is I discovered it. And look where I am now :)

Thanks Ricardo! With all the amazing changes announced at this years D23 there will be plenty of new information to share with incoming Guests. Hoping that the DIS community keeps on being represented on the Panel for years to come.

I'm excited. This is my first time applying too! I still haven't decided if I should go for WDW or DLR. I live in Southern California, but I also travel to Orlando often to meet up with my sister. Does anyone have any suggestions? My most recent Florida trip was 2 years ago (we are going again in September of next year), and Disneyland I've been to a couple of times this year (& I am bringing my 5.5 month old son for his first visit in a couple of weeks). Thanks!

I'm excited. This is my first time applying too! I still haven't decided if I should go for WDW or DLR. I live in Southern California, but I also travel to Orlando often to meet up with my sister. Does anyone have any suggestions? My most recent Florida trip was 2 years ago (we are going again in September of next year), and Disneyland I've been to a couple of times this year (& I am bringing my 5.5 month old son for his first visit in a couple of weeks). Thanks!
One requirement has always been a trip within the last 12 months so given that, Disneyland would be the one for you to try for.

I have applied numerous times and I have determined my writing skills just don't cut it. It is sort of like trip reports I moderate. Some threads take off like wild fire and the next one will have zero feed back. I am definately in the latter group.

I have applied numerous times and I have determined my writing skills just don't cut it. It is sort of like trip reports I moderate. Some threads take off like wild fire and the next one will have zero feed back. I am definately in the latter group.
Sometimes I think it's just luck of the draw making it past the 1st round.

I would think that the only way that 'luck' would really factor into the Round 1 cuts would be as it relates to what openings there are on the Panel for a given year and how well the applicant fulfills those needs. I also think that's why the one thing I hear stressed over and over on the various websites I've visited and podcasts I've listened to is to be true to yourself in your answers and let your personality shine through. Ultimately, I think that being selected is both a representation of how well you convey your individual personality to the panel and how well that fills a need that Disney has to provide a broad spectrum of diverse viewpoints.

I would think that the only way that 'luck' would really factor into the Round 1 cuts would be as it relates to what openings there are on the Panel for a given year and how well the applicant fulfills those needs. I also think that's why the one thing I hear stressed over and over on the various websites I've visited and podcasts I've listened to is to be true to yourself in your answers and let your personality shine through. Ultimately, I think that being selected is both a representation of how well you convey your individual personality to the panel and how well that fills a need that Disney has to provide a broad spectrum of diverse viewpoints.

I also just want to add the importance of using proper nomenclature. Make sure you know the correct names for everything - and then double check them (for example, it's "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" - not "the Winnie the Pooh ride"). There's usually a word limit for each answer, and some of these names do take up a lot of space, but make sure you use them!

Thanks for starting! This will be my second year applying. Last year was my first and I made it R2 for DCL. I'm applying for DCL again this year since we cruised in April but didn't make it to the parks in the last 12 months. Sending everyone pixie dust!!

This is my first year as well! I am very excited and nervous. I had a total hip replacement on 8/17 and am off work. Perfect time for me to do this! My thoughts are all Disney, all day long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!