The "Official" 2018 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Thread

I hate to say it... but now that it has been a couple of days since I received the no email I think it was a blessing in disguise and I don't feel too heartbroken about it this year. Between a full time job, a busy part time job, going to school 3/4 time (and full time next semester), my kids, my husband, and wanting to start my own blog I have literally no time to commit to something like the Mom's Panel this year. :) Still thought I rocked my answers, but things happen for a reason!

Hey, everyone!

Just stopping by to say congratulations to all of you who advanced to Round 2!! pixiedust: Best of luck to everyone as you work on your videos!

For all of you who received a 'not this year' email, keep spreading that Pixie Dust! I applied for 5 years before I was chosen for Moms Panel and I remember how hard those emails were to swallow. I'm so glad that I didn't give up though because I had the most magical time answering questions in 2013 and 2014. If you're passionate about helping people plan their Disney vacations by sharing your experiences, don't give up!!!

Best of luck to all of you!! :flower3:

Answered my round 2 questions and submitted my video today. It's out of my hands now.

Once round 2 completes on Wednesday, any idea how long before notifications go out about who made it to round 3?

Answered my round 2 questions and submitted my video today. It's out of my hands now.

Once round 2 completes on Wednesday, any idea how long before notifications go out about who made it to round 3?

I read somewhere that in years past notification went out a week or so after the deadline to submit. Interviews were then set for the next week. Good luck to the R2 Disboarders!

I submitted my R2 answers and video last Thursday night. The video was just me with my phone on a selfie stick - so nothing fancy and no editing. Now we just wait.... ;-)

I read somewhere that in years past notification went out a week or so after the deadline to submit. Interviews were then set for the next week. Good luck to the R2 Disboarders!

Yes. Last year it was exactly one week after the application closed. They called that same day to schedule interviews (they had asked for a phone number in the round 2 applications), and round 3 interviews were the following week.

Yes. Last year it was exactly one week after the application closed. They called that same day to schedule interviews (they had asked for a phone number in the round 2 applications), and round 3 interviews were the following week.

So interesting! Wondering why the change this year in not requesting a phone number! Do you think there could be 4 rounds this year?

Got my Round 2 in, but not at all confident. Really not expecting to go any further and that's okay--it was still fun to do! I feel great about my writing and answering those questions. Not confident at all about the video!

Good luck to everyone else who submitted!

Same with me. Felt good about the questions, but who knows what they are looking for in the video. I went with the keep it simple stupid mantra. Just me in my living room answering one of the topics they provided. Nothing over the top. Figured I would just be myself.

Congratulations to everyone here that completed Round 2. Best of luck to you all and I’m hoping the DISboards family has some great representatives in Round 3!

For those that didn’t make it to Round 2 but have stayed on to follow those that advanced and provide encouragement and support, just know that it is greatly appreciated and absolutely what Disney, at it’s very best, is all about!

Last edited:
For anyone that is interested in seeing more of the answers people have submitted for Round 1 and Round 2, as well as video submissions from round 2, there are some great groups on Facebook that you can follow as well. They include:
  • Disney Parks Moms Panel Hopefuls!
  • Amazing Adventures of the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search!
  • Amazing Adventures DisneyMP Sharing Group
They are all very positive, helpful groups and provide a lot of support and information to supplement what we have here in the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter