***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I just wonder how good the chances of getting either a Standard or Savannah studio at 7 months out would be for October 8-12th at Jambo. Im having a feeling of not so good, even being online right at 8 a.m. A one-bedroom might stand a better chance but we shall see.

I just wonder how good the chances of getting either a Standard or Savannah studio at 7 months out would be for October 8-12th at Jambo. Im having a feeling of not so good, even being online right at 8 a.m. A one-bedroom might stand a better chance but we shall see.

Someone just pointed an older thread out the VWL groupie discussion. Very useful although times are changing and it could use an update.
Sharing here... seems to show that if you're online right at the 7 month mark you may have a good chance of finding rooms open. Key is to be flexible with your dates when you know it could be rough going.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...tudios-some-1-bedrooms-prepared-2015.3419112/

What is the best alternative means of transportation (fastest/least expensive) to get from AKL to CR.

Uber charged us $18 plus tip to go from CR back to Kidani. Even had the pleasure of one of the chefs from WL as being our driver. Learned lots of interesting stuff, and some oddball info to go along with it too.

Lyft runs the "minnie van" service for $20 per trip on Disney property, but you need to go through the hotel front desk or valet to book one otherwise you'll end up with a normal Lyft (we found out the hard way and had a driver that totally overcharged us)

I like the standard view. We have had pool and partial Savannah and I like both. The pool view is pretty and the location is great. I like to walk down and see the flamingos and other animals in the area. Thanks
My first ever stay @ AKL was before they converted the 5th floor to DVC & long before they built Kidani - ironically I had a 5th floor hotel room on Zebra trail overlooking the roof/pool which was very convenient and certainly a better standard view than many at other resorts. The lush foliage that’s grown up around the pool enhances those views, IMO.

Someone just pointed an older thread out the VWL groupie discussion. Very useful although times are changing and it could use an update.
Sharing here... seems to show that if you're online right at the 7 month mark you may have a good chance of finding rooms open. Key is to be flexible with your dates when you know it could be rough going.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...tudios-some-1-bedrooms-prepared-2015.3419112/
I could be flexible with my dates, so we shall see.

a couple random questions about Jambo -

I assume they will, but will the decorations be down by 1/14?
How close are 'close to the lobby' 2BR villas?
Did I hear they serve an alcoholic POG drink at one of the pools? :drinking1

Christmas decorations will be long gone by 1/14 - I woke up a couple of days after 1/1/16, and not only was the big tree gone, but they were refinishing the lobby floor, it was a bit of a let down :)
There are several (5 maybe) 2 br. lock offs w/ doors that open onto a hall that is open to the lobby below, a couple above the check in desk (between Ostrich and Kudu trail) and a couple on the other side (between Giraffe and Zebra trail.) These are all standard view. Close to lobby is one of those meaningless generic requests w/ online check in these days, IMO, presumably you’d get a villa nearer the lobby than those that are at the very ends of Kudu & Zebra trail which are a bit of a hike to the lobby (but nothing like some places, BWV, cough cough.)
Can’t help with pool beverages.

Full availability right now for either

QUOTE="SL6827, post: 58616106, member: 599329"]I just wonder how good the chances of getting either a Standard or Savannah studio at 7 months out would be for October 8-12th at Jambo. Im having a feeling of not so good, even being online right at 8 a.m. A one-bedroom might stand a better chance but we shall see.[/QUOTE]

Full availability right now for either

QUOTE="SL6827, post: 58616106, member: 599329"]I just wonder how good the chances of getting either a Standard or Savannah studio at 7 months out would be for October 8-12th at Jambo. Im having a feeling of not so good, even being online right at 8 a.m. A one-bedroom might stand a better chance but we shall see.
[/QUOTE]
I'm kinda leaning more towards SSR now. Who knows? I will be happy to just be at Disney.

I'm kinda leaning more towards SSR now. Who knows? I will be happy to just be at Disney.[/QUOTE]
A couple of years ago I was booked for several nights at my home resort for early Dec. but I wanted to try out a couple of resorts as possible add on places. One, BWV pool/water view 1 br. I got right at 7 mo.s 9 am via phone. VGF I got later, the waitlist didn’t come through, but I checked availability 2-4 times every day and actually tweaked my days a bit and pieced together a 3 night stay. The hunt was sort of fun, especially as I had a back up I was ok with already booked & I was beyond thrilled to score those VGF days!

Can you get Sanaa bread service through in room dining? Anyone have a menu or insight? Is it from onsite Jiko/boma. Thanks a bundle!

WFTV (local Orlando news station) is reporting that club level guests at all resorts will have the option to buy 3 extra fast passes per day for $50/person, 3 day minimum. The fast passes can be used at any park and do not require advanced reservations.

Not as attractive for us DVCers who visit all the time, but for someone who doesn't visit often and needs to accomplish a lot in one trip it sounds reasonable to me.

Decorations typically disappear long before 1/14. One year several years ago, they were up until January 16 but that resulted from an unusual cold spell when almost the entire first two weeks of January saw temperatures in the 20s at night and below 50 in the day and they decided to leave things up until it got warmer for the wokers.

If you have savanna view and request and get close to the lobby at Jambo, you may be disappointed with your view because the rooms actually close to the lobby are ones with the the more mediocre views among all savanna view rooms at Jambo; same applies to requesting close to transportation or bus stop. A better request (and any request should be made through MS) is to simply ask for something along Zebra Trail (the right side of the u-shaped building) and away from the lobby, rooms there have good views and face west (thus avoiding blinding sun beaming into the room in the morning).

I am not aware of their being an actual POG drink at the pools but they do have frozen and other drinks, for Jambo see here :https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/uzima-springs-pool-bar/menus/ For Kidani, see here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/maji-pool-bar/menus/pool-bar/

Does anyone know if the new $50 per guest for 3 addl fast passes for Club Level stay include the Club Level Villas @ Jambo House?!
Thanks.
This affects our Trip.

Does anyone know if the new $50 per guest for 3 addl fast passes for Club Level stay include the Club Level Villas @ Jambo House?!
Thanks.
This affects our Trip.
Based on information from a third-party site, the answer would be yes. There hasn't been an official announcement from Disney yet, as far as I've seen. But here are a couple related news articles with Disney confirmation:
Disney World to roll out new FastPass pilot program for select resort guests
Disney World to allow some guests to buy more Fastpasses

Note - you might want to double check with DVC or AKV directly just to be sure, since Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas is the only location on property where DVC members can stay on club level. But since the list includes the Poly bungalows and Copper Creek cabins, I'd guess it includes all club level rooms at AKL, even DVC.

I wonder if those extra FP+s are only good for the length of your stay or if you can use them a couple of days after you've moved to another villa on a split stay. I've never been particularly interested in the club villas at AKV as the views are sub par, we don't drink much and the food offerings don't look particularly appealing to me, but it might be worth walking into a club stay in the future to have access to these FP+s.

I wonder if those extra FP+s are only good for the length of your stay or if you can use them a couple of days after you've moved to another villa on a split stay. I've never been particularly interested in the club villas at AKV as the views are sub par, we don't drink much and the food offerings don't look particularly appealing to me, but it might be worth walking into a club stay in the future to have access to these FP+s.
I was thinking the same thing, particularly during the busy seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!