***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

WFTV (local Orlando news station) is reporting that club level guests at all resorts will have the option to buy 3 extra fast passes per day for $50/person, 3 day minimum. The fast passes can be used at any park and do not require advanced reservations.

Not as attractive for us DVCers who visit all the time, but for someone who doesn't visit often and needs to accomplish a lot in one trip it sounds reasonable to me.

They DO require FP made in advance.
The 90 days out is a great plus!

They DO require FP made in advance.
The 90 days out is a great plus!

They are only good during your Club Level length of service; i spoke with DVC Member Services.
Yes, thanks for filling in the details, I haven’t been following the threads about the possible club level FPs, I guess I’ll have to do some reading and catch up, will all 6 FPs have to be in the same park, like all 3 made @ 60 days now must be, will you have 2 FP booking days, one 60 out and one 90, how will tiering work, etc..
Our 2018 Dec. trip is already booked, but for 2019, when SWL opens, it might be worth it to have a 90 day booking window and to have the extras. I took a look at the point difference between our usual savanna view and club and it’s not that big a jump, lots to think about, especially as 2019 was going to be a VGF trip :) but maybe by then there’ll be other changes.

Edit - found some details, you can make them at different parks, you cannot repeat rides, includes ability to reserve preferred viewing spots, also available to the cabins at CCV & bungalows at Poly.

Last edited:

Checking in in two weeks for our first stay renting DVC points. Any tips on what I should know as a first timer? I know to bring soaps/shampoos, etc. And I'll be bringing extra towels. What about coffee? Do I need to bring extra filters or coffee? If so, what kind? Thanks! We're getting really excited!

Checking in in two weeks for our first stay renting DVC points. Any tips on what I should know as a first timer? I know to bring soaps/shampoos, etc. And I'll be bringing extra towels. What about coffee? Do I need to bring extra filters or coffee? If so, what kind? Thanks! We're getting really excited!

I don't bring towels. Easy enough to call down for more or wash them on our own either in the room or at the laundry room. Since I fly my luggage space is far too valuable for that.

I do bring ground coffee, filters for a 12 cup drip coffee maker, and a small tupperware filled sugar. (zip locked of course)
If staying in a studio I will also bring one sharp knife, real spoons, forks and some good sized microwavable plastic bowls. (Full kitchens provide these)

Each trip we also buy a mug and do so on the first day so that there is something larger than a doll's teacup to drink coffee from.

Split stay question

Oh my goodness, forgive me for asking this, but traveling with a group of 9 and not having our vehicle Thor the duration....please remind me how this should go.....

We fly in the night before our res so we have a car and are staying at Disney springs...we'll hit target for groceries. We will be checking into BLT (4/22-25) where we'll unload a lot PLUS the groceries....We hope to be at BLT by 9 before returning car at 10 and heading to MK? So do we drop everything off including food/groceries at bell service?

Then we transfer to AKL 4/25-27....so all that luggage and food gets to the resort how? We could bus Sans stuff or maybe Lyft/Minnie vanx2 (which we can take everything with) over early to enjoy the resort before our room is ready (which I know could be 11 or 4?) so suggestions...comments...reminders? Help! Thanks.

Disney will transfer your luggage between resorts, but I'd do the groceries on my own as they've been known to leave the transfer luggage sitting in their cages in the open air for long periods of time. This means no refrigeration and bugs will have access to your food. Their service is typically very slow too. We've gone until 9pm without our luggage, and then it arrived with a wheel broken off.

I'd go with a lyft or uber. When you get to the resort give everything to bell services to store for you, mark the bags that need to be in their fridge. When your room is ready call down and they'll bring it all to you.

Split stay question

Oh my goodness, forgive me for asking this, but traveling with a group of 9 and not having our vehicle Thor the duration....please remind me how this should go.....

We fly in the night before our res so we have a car and are staying at Disney springs...we'll hit target for groceries. We will be checking into BLT (4/22-25) where we'll unload a lot PLUS the groceries....We hope to be at BLT by 9 before returning car at 10 and heading to MK? So do we drop everything off including food/groceries at bell service?

Then we transfer to AKL 4/25-27....so all that luggage and food gets to the resort how? We could bus Sans stuff or maybe Lyft/Minnie vanx2 (which we can take everything with) over early to enjoy the resort before our room is ready (which I know could be 11 or 4?) so suggestions...comments...reminders? Help! Thanks.

Disney Bell service will transfer it all. We've transferred food including ice cream with no issue. I'd guess something could happen but it's worked well for us.

Split stay question

We've had bell services transfer and we've rented a car ourselves to move everything. Agree with Twinklebug, you won't have access to your luggage/groceries for a number of hours so keep out whatever you need.
We were told it takes about 4 hours but it was longer.

Jambo all,

I have just rented points to stay at a Standard Studio in Kidani. This will be our first DVC/deluxe stay for us!
I would like to request a room closer to the lobby or pool. Where should I request my room to be? Should it be theZebra trail?
Thank you for your help! October cannot come fast enough!
It will be me my DH, DS 5 and DD 2.

We've had bell services transfer and we've rented a car ourselves to move everything. Agree with Twinklebug, you won't have access to your luggage/groceries for a number of hours so keep out whatever you need.
We were told it takes about 4 hours but it was longer.

I believe the transfers happen somewhere around the 2-3 time frame so it depends on when you give your items to Bell Service to transfer as to how long it takes to get them again.

Jambo all,

I have just rented points to stay at a Standard Studio in Kidani. This will be our first DVC/deluxe stay for us!
I would like to request a room closer to the lobby or pool. Where should I request my room to be? Should it be theZebra trail?
Thank you for your help! October cannot come fast enough!
It will be me my DH, DS 5 and DD 2.
I don't know much about Kidani as we normally stay in Jambo - but Zebra trail is not in Kidani, it'S in Jambo, so no point in asking for it :)
Hopefully a Kidani expert will post some suggestions, I think the usual advice is to request to be by one of the elevators, which have names btw.

I am sure that this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it: Can someone please post some pictures of their two bedroom lock-off at Kidani? We are staying there for the first time in October and I would really like to see what it looks like! We have only ever stayed in one bedrooms in Jambo. Thanks in advance!

Is it easier to get to AK park compared to Epcot using the bus from AKV Jambo? Or all all the park buses direct and pretty similar in the time it takes from the resort to the park? Trying to decide which park to do twice on our next visit, AK or Epcot, and I thought transportation might help make the decision! Our group is two families and a grandma, tall kids who like all types of rides (coasters etc) ranging from 4-10 years, and a baby. Have never done Epcot. I have been to AK pre-Pandora.

Is it easier to get to AK park compared to Epcot using the bus from AKV Jambo? Or all all the park buses direct and pretty similar in the time it takes from the resort to the park? Trying to decide which park to do twice on our next visit, AK or Epcot, and I thought transportation might help make the decision! Our group is two families and a grandma, tall kids who like all types of rides (coasters etc) ranging from 4-10 years, and a baby. Have never done Epcot. I have been to AK pre-Pandora.

AK is just around the corner from AKL/AKV. You drive past it to get to the lodging. The drive itself is probably something like 2-3 minutes. Epcot is further away.

I finally got my Jambo Dec 2018 trip put together. There was one day missing in the middle of my trip that I had to haunt the site for... Now I just have to get the three reservation numbers linked into one. Anyone know if the system has been fixed for dining and FP+ so that all three linked dvc reservations would work off of the first day or is it still glitchy?

Although I love Kidani, I've decided that at the holidays I think I prefer the ambience of Jambo more. It's not that Kidani doesn't have a beautiful lobby, but with the convenience of heading straight from the room to the parking garage and out I missed seeing the beautiful tree and the feeling that would melt into my bones every time I walked through the lobby. At Jambo, we have to walk through the lobby (or store, LOL) at least a little to get that warm -n-melty Christmas feeling going. It's a theory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter