***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I should mention that the Kilimanjaro club has a brand new cappuccino machine. It made amazing lattes. Now I need one... think they run only about $3K and up.

As it seemed near everyone needed an instruction manual for use I'll quickly add how I was taught:

Left side is for hot water, milk, straight up coffee.
Only the right side can make cappuccinos and lattes.
Pop your cup onto the appropriate staging area.

1: Pick a pod, straighten out the edges and insert into "coin slot"
2: Gently lower the lever
3: Press one of the 8 (?) buttons available, watch the show.
4: Enjoy your drink.

As in brand brand new? I've loved the one they've had for the past year or a little longer. But it was double sided for any of the functions you listed. We have a Nespresso at home but it's definitely the budget one!

As in brand brand new? I've loved the one they've had for the past year or a little longer. But it was double sided for any of the functions you listed. We have a Nespresso at home but it's definitely the budget one!

The Nespresso machine that I saw in pictures from August of this year was different from the one that was there in January of this year, there are pictures in the club level thread on the resorts board.

The concierge staff were saying that this machine was new to them within the last few weeks. The learning curve was steep. I will admit to messing up once before asking for help, to which a very nice guest explained that her office had just acquired a similar machine and then trained near everyone who approached it.

I shyly admit I've never had a proper latte until this stay. Now I'm hooked.

When I was staying club level last September the espresso machine was down our whole stay. It was getting seriviced the morning we checked out. Maybe it kept having issues

Value keeps becoming an even greater...value.
:rotfl: Yup! We need to spread the word that these undesirable units aren't worth the effort. No really, they're horrible, tiny, crammed in at the front of the resort. Think anyone will believe us?

Also noting that Kilimanjaro Club level is even higher. About an extra 2 pts/night for studios, 3 pts/nt for 1br and 5 pts/night more for the 2brs (like we even have a chance at 'em).

:rotfl: Yup! We need to spread the word that these undesirable units aren't worth the effort. No really, they're horrible, tiny, crammed in at the front of the resort. Think anyone will believe us?

Also noting that Kilimanjaro Club level is even higher. About an extra 2 pts/night for studios, 3 pts/nt for 1br and 5 pts/night more for the 2brs (like we even have a chance at 'em).

They're awful!! I don't know why anyone would want to book them....just ignore my Dashboard lol

After our 2019 UY we're likely going to be booking 1BR's more often so this is nice for that purpose. 2019 is about getting a few trips in so taking advantage of value studios as much as possible.

I put together a comparison of the net change for AKV year over year. TLDR; values are even cheaper, savanna views are up the most.

For my typical vacation pattern my cost goes up 10 points a year. Booooo.

288tqiq.jpg

I put together a comparison of the net change for AKV year over year. TLDR; values are even cheaper, savanna views are up the most.

For my typical vacation pattern my cost goes up 10 points a year. Booooo.

288tqiq.jpg
Nice layout. Thank you!

Does anyone here know if there is a rice cooker in the rooms with full kitchens? We've only ever stayed in studio accommodations, so i'm not sure what "fully stocked" kitchen means in the 1BR.

Does anyone here know if there is a rice cooker in the rooms with full kitchens? We've only ever stayed in studio accommodations, so i'm not sure what "fully stocked" kitchen means in the 1BR.
No rice cooker. Your only electrical appliances will be a 4 burner stove/oven, microwave, 12 cup coffee pot and a dishwasher.

Making rice on the stove top is super easy though. Just need water, rice and a covered pot.

Check out allears for a full listing of the room inventory:
https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/guest-room-inventory-24610

Take note, that room inventory list is slightly off. For example: Over our trip earlier this month (Dec '18) I was pleasantly surprised to find that the studios in Jambo are stocked with actual dishware, not paper. The utensils were still plastic though.

I posted this in the VWL groupie thread, but it certainly applies to everyone whether you all own at or just love our AKV resort:

Wishing you all a very
HAPPY and blessed NEW YEAR 2019!

nyenye9496-624x352.jpg

Disney Parks Blog will again be live streaming the New Year's Eve 2019 Fireworks.
No link is posted yet, but look for one on their blog about 15 minutes prior to midnight.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ive-to-stream-new-years-eve-fireworks-dec-31/

Nope. Pool is the same. Fences are annoying though.
I am sure they are but if it keeps non paying people out I will live with it. I read a post about someone who by listening to a group of moms all day at the pool figured out they lived in the area and would come by once a week with their kids.

Have not seen the Jambo pool fence. Kidani has always had one. Several years back, a program to put up fences at WDW pools in general began. The reason was not to keep out non-guests of WDW, although it might accomplish that, but to create more safety to prevent drownings of guests. There were a few of those in one year and the property and liability insurance companies highly recommended (meaning if you don't, there could be increased premiums or partial exclusions added) taking more steps to assure safety, and the decision was a made to do that fencing, and end the practice that had many pools open 24 hours and instead have them open only when lifeguards are present (while extending the actual hours a lifeguard is present).

As to the pools I have seen with new fences, the one thing I can say is the Disney took care not to put up eyesores as they tend to blend in with their surroundings.

I should clarify what I mean by the fences being annoying. I fully support the use of them btw to keep children (and drunk adults) from stumbling in and drowning, as has happened at other resorts in the past. I also would hope that they keep non-guests out, however they are not locked, so this isn't happening. What bothers me is the awkward way they are implemented. For example, my daughter and I sat on the end closest to the flamingos, entered the unlocked gate, put our stuff on the chair. Noted there was no towel bin in the area and to get towels I had to exit the gate, walk past the bar, enter another gated area to retrieve them, and then reverse. It's just annoying.

Thinking about putting in a room request for our upcoming stay at Kidani. We have a 2BR Dedicated - Savanna View booked. Are these throughout the building or concentrated in a particular area? I was hoping for a view of the Sunset Savanna and closer to the lobby (but I'm guessing everyone has that request). We'll have a car so bus transportation is less of an issue, but we'd like to be conveniently located for pools. Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!