***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I'm wondering how any of you are getting the values? I have been watching daily for a month now and there has not been a single day available at 11 months out. I understand December and marathon weekend in January but this is really strange. It seems the values have been completely taken out of inventory?

I'm wondering how any of you are getting the values? I have been watching daily for a month now and there has not been a single day available at 11 months out. I understand December and marathon weekend in January but this is really strange. It seems the values have been completely taken out of inventory?

I was told by DVC a few days ago that they were pulled due to an upcoming hard good refurbishment... Early Dec and into Feb...

When values started disappearing completely even before 11 months out in early December, some suspected it was DVC doing something wrong to capture rooms for its own use, possibly in relation to Star Wars. However, now that the same process is even continuing into the lower demand times of the year, when value, in the past, was often even open after 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and 1BRs often last much longer, it appears the reports that it is a refurb issue are likely correct.

When values started disappearing completely even before 11 months out in early December, some suspected it was DVC doing something wrong to capture rooms for its own use, possibly in relation to Star Wars. However, now that the same process is even continuing into the lower demand times of the year, when value, in the past, was often even open after 8 a.m. at 11 months out, and 1BRs often last much longer, it appears the reports that it is a refurb issue are likely correct.

Any idea why they would need to refurb now? The last refurb was just 2016, although I believe that was not a full hard goods refurb. I have never stayed in one of these rooms so I have no personal experience, are they very worn? More so than the other rooms at AKV?

Any idea why they would need to refurb now? The last refurb was just 2016, although I believe that was not a full hard goods refurb. I have never stayed in one of these rooms so I have no personal experience, are they very worn? More so than the other rooms at AKV?

Can only guess, possibly they did not fully do those before, but might be because the applicable hallways will be completely shut down because the regular AKL rooms across the hall from the values will be undergoing significant refurb. Where the values are is the only place on the fifth floor where there are also AKL hotel rooms.

Last edited:
Can only guess, possibly they did not fully do those before, but might be because the applicable hallways will be completely shut down because the regular AKL rooms across the hall from the values will be undergoing significant refurb. Where the values are is the only place on the fifth floor where there are also AKL hotel rooms.

At AKV it would be impossible to return much at all and completely shutting down a hallway. I doubt that's the plan for any part of the resort and shouldn't be for that section either.

I was just in an AKV Value back in december, it looked to me as though the hard goods had been updated: USB ports in the night stand and bureau. The kitchenette was in good condition, bathroom was the same...

I don't think they'll do much if anything to these rooms.

It's been awhile since we have been to WDW...What do you think our chances will be to get into: Jambo House, 1 BR or Studio, Concierge Level in the middle of January,2020 for a week will be to book at 7 Months? Sorry, AKL is not my home resort so I am unable to book earlier. Just looking for thoughts

It's been awhile since we have been to WDW...What do you think our chances will be to get into: Jambo House, 1 BR or Studio, Concierge Level in the middle of January,2020 for a week will be to book at 7 Months? Sorry, AKL is not my home resort so I am unable to book earlier. Just looking for thoughts

Never say never but as close to 0% as things can get while still leaving the possibility of catching the odd cancellation. ie - plan something else. There are only 5 concierge studios and 5 concierge 1BR's and they also form 2BR lockoffs. They book immediately most times of the year at the 11 month window.

Never say never but as close to 0% as things can get while still leaving the possibility of catching the odd cancellation. ie - plan something else. There are only 5 concierge studios and 5 concierge 1BR's and they also form 2BR lockoffs. They book immediately most times of the year at the 11 month window.

I agree with Kathy, Studio club level rooms are impossibly hard for owners to get at 11 months out. At 7 months out you'd have to have the luck of coming across someone cancelling just as you're looking at the openings.

The one bedroom club level rooms don't go as fast. If you pull up the September calendar for them right now you'll see it's spotty: two days here, two days there. If you don't mind switching rooms to a standard or savanna view this could still make for a nice stay.

I was thinking that a refurb was the only reason that made sense. We were just in one a few months ago and it was nice with the new USB ports and all so i'm surprised but nothing else makes sense, even with all the walking going on.

Thanks...that's what I thought but a girl can always hope for some Disney Magic...I ended up with a Grand Villa in September one year, and found out just shortly before we left!

I agree with Kathy, Studio club level rooms are impossibly hard for owners to get at 11 months out. At 7 months out you'd have to have the luck of coming across someone cancelling just as you're looking at the openings.

The one bedroom club level rooms don't go as fast. If you pull up the September calendar for them right now you'll see it's spotty: two days here, two days there. If you don't mind switching rooms to a standard or savanna view this could still make for a nice stay.

Thanks...I guess we'll just hope for some Disney Magic!

I was looking for a cash stay at my 7 month mark for August 2019 and was able to book a value. I thought that was very odd and even unfair for us DVC members.
I agree, Disney should be restricted from taking from the categories with lower inventory before they reach that 60 day out bit, in which case it's in their hands anyway. However, there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on what Disney is and isn't allowed to do with their points other than they are supposed to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

I was looking for a cash stay at my 7 month mark for August 2019 and was able to book a value. I thought that was very odd and even unfair for us DVC members.

I've called them about this before and expressed that I'd like them to not take the small categories. They of course pointed out that as another owner they have the right to - which is true. They even will offer Concierge rooms for cash (which was what really generated my call as there are plenty of other AKL concierge rooms). I expressed that I didn't feel they had the need to do this - that other room categories work just as well for cash rentals. I at least expressed my opinion to them anyway.

I've called them about this before and expressed that I'd like them to not take the small categories. They of course pointed out that as another owner they have the right to - which is true. They even will offer Concierge rooms for cash (which was what really generated my call as there are plenty of other AKL concierge rooms). I expressed that I didn't feel they had the need to do this - that other room categories work just as well for cash rentals. I at least expressed my opinion to them anyway.
Sometimes that’s all you can do, let them know how you feel about it, and move on!

I was told by DVC a few days ago that they were pulled due to an upcoming hard good refurbishment... Early Dec and into Feb...

Hey - I was hoping coming on here would be helpful. I was just checking on this as well. (Was looking at maybe getting two value rooms for February break (15th-23rd) next year - want to invite another family but this is only way we would have enough points.) I noticed that not only are STUDIOS completely unavailable at 11 months + 7 days, but so are 1-BDS.

I just called Member Services myself to confirm @Greg36 - and they could not confirm - in fact he said "They just must be booked up." However, I don't believe this is the case. There's no way that you would ever see these completely 100% gone for January - including 7 days past the 11 month mark. Wish I knew how long they will be out of commission. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Hey - I was hoping coming on here would be helpful. I was just checking on this as well. (Was looking at maybe getting two value rooms for February break (15th-23rd) next year - want to invite another family but this is only way we would have enough points.) I noticed that not only are STUDIOS completely unavailable at 11 months + 7 days, but so are 1-BDS.

I just called Member Services myself to confirm @Greg36 - and they could not confirm - in fact he said "They just must be booked up." However, I don't believe this is the case. There's no way that you would ever see these completely 100% gone for January - including 7 days past the 11 month mark. Wish I knew how long they will be out of commission. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

They are not just booked up. Check availability at 12:01am, at least one day should become available because no one has been able to book it yet. Screen shot it and see what Member Services says... we all get different stories, I wish they would at least pick one and stick with it...

They are not just booked up. Check availability at 12:01am, at least one day should become available because no one has been able to book it yet. Screen shot it and see what Member Services says... we all get different stories, I wish they would at least pick one and stick with it...

I am not going to bother - because the fact is that those in customer service are unlikely to be told the reason why the rooms are unavailable. I called hoping there was a chance they were aware, but clearly they weren't, and I agree that just as likely you call 5 times and get 5 different answers - either that of 5 "I don't know"s.

Oh well, not the end of the world. Will keep a close eye on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter