***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Does anyone know if all the standard view DVC studio rooms at Jambo are pool views? Thanks.

Originally all were pool view and then a number of savanna views were converted to standard several years ago on the basis that views were not as good. That actually resulted in more than half the standard views having savanna view and for many of them the views are decent.

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi as me and my family are new owners at Kidani. We're taking our first trip this October and can't wait. One very important and pressing question: does a two bedroom come with coffee filters or should I bring some? I have a coffee problem, so...

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi as me and my family are new owners at Kidani. We're taking our first trip this October and can't wait. One very important and pressing question: does a two bedroom come with coffee filters or should I bring some? I have a coffee problem, so...

No DVC room will have coffee filters. You are provided with a couple of packs of Joffreys pre-packaged coffee in filters. The coffee makers are Mr. coffee type, 10-12 cup and take flat bottom filters if you plan to bring your own coffee and filters. If you forget then the gift shops do sell filters and coffee too or you can purchase additional packs of coffee from housekeeping.

Thank you :) I'm sure I'll have more questions as our trip gets closer, but coffee was my first priority

Fellow coffee addict here - I pack basket type filters & put my ground coffee into gallon ziplock bags so it takes up less room in my suitcase (I fly - so space in suitcase matters to me.)
If you’re staying in Kidani savanna view call member services and have them note a request for Sunset savanna view to up your chances of overlooking the large savanna rather than the very small Pembe savanna.

If you’re staying in Kidani savanna view call member services and have them note a request for Sunset savanna view to up your chances of overlooking the large savanna rather than the very small Pembe savanna.

Thanks! We've got a standard view at Kidani, but is there anything about a standard view that would be worthwhile requesting?

Thanks! We've got a standard view at Kidani, but is there anything about a standard view that would be worthwhile requesting?
I'm not sure if you have a dedicated or lock-off but in December we had a dedicated standard 2 BR and requested North Trail, high floor, such as 7X35. We got exactly what we hoped for, 7935. It wasn't too far of a walk, was convenient for the pool, and had a great view for a standard room.

Attachments

• 7935.JPG
    7935.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 22
Ugh, we managed to get 7 of our 8 nights in February as a value studio close to 11 months - with no walking! (I actually picked up the last 6 nights right at 11 months, and the 2nd day came through a few days later.) However, I've been waitlisted since then for the first night since then, and also I'm stalking the RAT 2-3 times a day and so far nada. I have a standard view room booked for the one night so I have a room, but boy it's frustrating to have ONE night in a different room - the perils of DVC I suppose. I have to console myself with the fact the whole 8 nights is only costing me $750. Here's hoping it still opens up.

I'm not sure if you have a dedicated or lock-off but in December we had a dedicated standard 2 BR and requested North Trail, high floor, such as 7X35. We got exactly what we hoped for, 7935. It wasn't too far of a walk, was convenient for the pool, and had a great view for a standard room.

I believe we have a dedicated, so this is great info! Thank you. We've actually never been to Kidani before, so I really appreciate this!

We are in a similar situation. We have a standard 2 bedroom end of September. We know it's a standard and are not worried about the view, but I know many of the rooms overlook the buses. With all the extra magic hours I am a bit worried if we get a bus view room all we would hear is buses almost 24 hours. Anyone have experience on how loud the buses are?

Okay so I'm a new DVC Member our home is Jambo. I am just waiting for my points to appear (hopefully next few days), at the moment I can get a 1bedroom club level for our stay. I'm staying at POFQ for the first part as this came with free dining for UK Guests so it wasn't worth me cancelling.

My question is if it's still available should I book the 1 bedroom club level for 6 nights as I don't have enough points for the full 8 nights that my DVC stay was going to cover. If I do the 6 nights in club level it will take up all my points for 2019 and 2020 and ill have to purchase 1 additional point. This is our honeymoon so club level would be amazing and if it was studio I'd snap it up.

Was going to book a savannah view studio which is only 140 points for 8 nights. So to those who have stayed club level is it worth using my full 2020 allocation of points?
We plan on starting a family after our honeymoon so my hope was that when we do return for the 50th anniversary we would have a baby in tow, if I do club I'd only be able to do a studio if we do a studio now I can do a one bedroom then, which I imagine with a baby will be very handy to have the one bedroom.

I"d prefer Savanah view over Club but I don't value club level much. I'd rather see animals from my balcony for a special occasion

See this is what I'm like I absolutely love watching the animals. If it was the 40 points or so difference that it is for a studio I'd absolutely go to try club but it's so much more for the one bedrooms and the views look bad from what I've seen too.

Okay so I'm a new DVC Member our home is Jambo. I am just waiting for my points to appear (hopefully next few days), at the moment I can get a 1bedroom club level for our stay. I'm staying at POFQ for the first part as this came with free dining for UK Guests so it wasn't worth me cancelling.

My question is if it's still available should I book the 1 bedroom club level for 6 nights as I don't have enough points for the full 8 nights that my DVC stay was going to cover. If I do the 6 nights in club level it will take up all my points for 2019 and 2020 and ill have to purchase 1 additional point. This is our honeymoon so club level would be amazing and if it was studio I'd snap it up.

Was going to book a savannah view studio which is only 140 points for 8 nights. So to those who have stayed club level is it worth using my full 2020 allocation of points?
We plan on starting a family after our honeymoon so my hope was that when we do return for the 50th anniversary we would have a baby in tow, if I do club I'd only be able to do a studio if we do a studio now I can do a one bedroom then, which I imagine with a baby will be very handy to have the one bedroom.

It depends. I haven't actually stay Club level, but to me the main reason is to have access to the food. But, I usually want to be eating out when I'm at Disney, so having food available to the room doesn't seem that exciting to me. The Conceirge person that helps you book things doesn't really add much to me, and everyone says the room views are not very good. I guess I personally would choose the Savannah View studio and hold my points. OR - I would maybe treat myself to 1-2 nights in the Concierge for the honeymoon at the end of the trip and just spend those days at the resort.

Go Savannah view for sure. Unless, you plan on spending most of your time at the resort, you will most likely be out at the parks and buy food there. I would save the points and enjoy the animals. That is my favourite part of staying at AKL. Congratulations on everything. Hope you have a great honeymoon.

It depends. I haven't actually stay Club level, but to me the main reason is to have access to the food. But, I usually want to be eating out when I'm at Disney, so having food available to the room doesn't seem that exciting to me. The Conceirge person that helps you book things doesn't really add much to me, and everyone says the room views are not very good. I guess I personally would choose the Savannah View studio and hold my points. OR - I would maybe treat myself to 1-2 nights in the Concierge for the honeymoon at the end of the trip and just spend those days at the resort.
This. ^

@jackieleanne - Congratulations on both becoming an owner and your wedding!

The Club level room views aren't bad, they're not dumpsters or walls, but they're not the same as being on that big savanna where I love sitting on the balcony with my coffee in the morning and enjoying watching the caretakers zip around feeding the animals as they follow the truck.

Club level is worth it if that's what you're into. You'll still find you need to head out to eat as the dinner offerings are just tastes of food. The food wears on me after a couple of days (there was only so many times I could tolerate squash soup) and I need something different.

If you're going to go for a 1 bedroom, I suggest a savanna view over in Kidani with a request for 2nd floor on the sunset savanna for the best view of the animals. It's so easy to get groceries delivered and make up your own concierge offerings (cheese, crackers, bagles, coffee etc). You could pitch a tent in the bathroom it's so large... and that tub/shower is amazing. Also, there is a second bathroom, which even with two people on a honeymoon could come in handy. My definition of luxury is space, and Kidani doesn't disappoint.

I've stayed Club level several times (my DH can recoup the cost difference in espresso!) but in your situation I'd recommend the savannah view. It's just too much of an upcharge IMO for the 1BR and no guarantee that you'll be on the savannah view side. Get room service every day if you want and enjoy the point savings and the savannah view.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations, it's certainly helped me make up my mind. I think that we will go for a studio savannah view at Animal Kingdom. I'm thinking that if we do end up going for a one bedroom it will be over at the Boardwalk where I'm tempted to try for one at 7 months out. We've not stayed there and for honeymoon it will make sense with the food options over that way as well as the walk to Epcot and the Studios.

I do love that Savannah view room even if we didn't end up getting that BWV.

Hi again! Having breakfast with my family, talking about our first AKL stay coming up in October, and naturally questions are coming up. Is there tinfoil and perhaps a casserole dish or something similar? Thinking of making an egg bake to have for breakfast each day 🍳 is that overboard? Do people make good use of the kitchen when they stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter