*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Three of my kids already prefer a deluxe... and they are all under 11. They love SAB and now the Poly pool and slide! The problem is now that the fourth is no longer a baby I have had to explain to them we are no longer five with one under three to fit in one room!! So if we would like to go again it looks like AoA for us.....until maybe one of them goes off to college in a few years....... or in the words of my son....."can't we just leave our sister at Aunt Dana's for the week??" :rotfl2:

I just realized I posted that in the wrong thread!! OOPS!

Either way I agree. We love SAB. My kids weren't big on the Poly pool. It didn't live up to the hype for us.

We are going Aug 10-18, AoA, LM room. This will be the 1st of at least 2, if not 3 trips in a year. We will be buying an AP. We stayed at AoA once already and our DD's loved it, so for at least the Aug. trip we're staying there again.

Just booked a BB for August 13-16 @ AOA in the Nemo suites planning to stay until at least the 18th but I'm going for a deluxe at a room discount for the last few days. So happy to be joining.

We returned from out trip which got extended by Irma and I am a bit busy at the moment but will update the list as soon as I can.

Excited to officially join the August 2018 group from NJ! Booked the FD Bounceback offer last week, staying All-Star Sports from August 25th to September 1st. My family of 4 and also traveling with DD's best friend's family of 4. None of the kids know about the trip, let's see how long we can keep the surprise! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hey everyone! We are looking to the beginning of August with my family and I think my parents! My parents were supposed to come with us this past summer or winter, but my dad had knee surgery and wasn't able to get the time off, so DH and I took advantage and went ourselves in at the beginning of August and we are taking our kids over Christmas week. We are hoping for either a good bounce back or a deal from our TA since we are going to need 2 rooms. I don't want to stay in a value (had awful experience this August and vowed we won't go value again if we have too) so really hoping for a good deal at POR or CSR. Fingers crossed!

We are in for a late July into August trip. I think it’s going to be me and my kids who will be 14 and 10 for the first half at pop and then dh will join us and I think we will move to akl.

Then a stop at universal before we go to the beach. Can’t wait.

So excited to join the in! We are coming from NJ also. We haven't been to Disney in 4 years. Last time we drove straight through. Planning on doing that again this time. We are going august 16th to 25th. We are staying POR/WL. Really hoping for some Disney magic!

We had to change our dates to 8/8 - 8/18 and I'm disappointed that we'll miss MNSSHP, but my son will be starting high school next September and I don't want him to miss the orientation on 8/21 so we have to go earlier in the month than initially planned. Hurry up August :)

Any thoughts on if they will have MNSSHP in August again this year? We went in 2013 (October) and I am secretly hoping they DO NOT offer it in August again like 2017 as we'll probably make one of the last park days MK, but that's me. It's a fun party, but we won't be in the Halloween frame of mind yet.

Any thoughts on if they will have MNSSHP in August again this year? We went in 2013 (October) and I am secretly hoping they DO NOT offer it in August again like 2017 as we'll probably make one of the last park days MK, but that's me. It's a fun party, but we won't be in the Halloween frame of mind yet.

I think they will. I'm hoping they will. That's the main reason we're booked for the last week of August. If they decide to have the first party in September, we'll probably move our dates to earlier in August.

Has anyone purchased their flights yet (if flying)? We noticed Delta released flights through early September, but they see higher than usual (>$400 from MSP). I can't remember when we booked flights last time, but thinking we waited for Sun Country and/or Southwest to release their dates. We're debating if we book now, or wait and hope either Delta goes down in price or Sun Country has a better price. Do you also wait for the agency deals before booking flights?

Has anyone purchased their flights yet (if flying)? We noticed Delta released flights through early September, but they see higher than usual (>$400 from MSP). I can't remember when we booked flights last time, but thinking we waited for Sun Country and/or Southwest to release their dates. We're debating if we book now, or wait and hope either Delta goes down in price or Sun Country has a better price. Do you also wait for the agency deals before booking flights?

I think SW opens up for August some time in February. I'll check out the prices when they open. I find it so tricky trying to book exact resort dates/airline dates. I always end up making changes in the spring. But if we find a great flight price that doesn't coincide with our exact resort dates, I think we'll just go for it and see if we can make it work. If flight prices are too high, we'll drive. :)

We're waiting until November 2nd to book Southwest (opens up November 2nd and booking until sometime in mid-August). We will be able to book our flight to MCO but will have to wait until the following release date to book our return flight on August 20th.
AND... Magical Deals were released today! Got my quote:-)

ETA Southwest opens up Nov 2nd for bookings up to August 12th.

So excited. Booked a magical deal today ... Beach Club Club Level - first club level stay! Dates are confirmed.
August 6th-17th PORS Riverview Room (bounceback offer with free dining)
August 17th-20th Beach Club Club Level (magical deal)
party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter