*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Day 9 ... today was DHS day. We did so much at DHS on Friday, so today I didn't feel that we needed to get there so early. Woke up the kids at 7:30am, got to bus stop at 8:00am and a DHS bus was there by 8:03am - great timing! We were through bag check and tapstile by 8:30am. Today we had a super long bus when we got off the bus (on Friday, we were still let off near the park but today the bus stops were WAYYYYYY back. We went to TSL and TSM was only a 15 minute wait. We rode that then our teens rode SDD with FP+ (they used their bands then our bands- I rode it Friday and it was cute but I didn't need to do it again - TSM is my favourite!) Then we rode ToT with very little wait, saw Beauty and the Beast, had lunch at 50's Prime Time- peanut butter and jelly shakes x 2, vanilla coke and a vanilla coke float, chicken pot pie x 2, meatloaf, fried chicken platter- all were good. Got our dessert to go as we were so full. DH and oldest DD went back to resort while youngest DD and I rode ToT again (our waitress gave us a FP for ToT as our food was a bit mixed up, but it was a pleasant surprise and we weren't expecting it and hadn't complained about anything as it was all good). Then we hopped on bus to AK (not much shade available at the new bus stops; thankfully bus only took about 10 minutes to arrive). We went to AK to pick up a hoodie youngest DD had wanted at Everest store, and booked a FP on the way there, so we rode Everest, bought the hoodie and headed back to resort. Very lucky with bus - had to run, but at least we got on it! Back to room by 3pm, ate dessert from lunch and resting now. Such a hot day today. Tonight is Disney Springs and tomorrow it MK day with breakfast at Crystal Palace and supper at 'Ohana.

AK is our favorite park also! We are in the minority, but I love the theming and my family's two favorite rides (FoP and Everest) are there. Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Makes me more excited for my trip, reading about others.

You are there!!!!! :woohoo: Can't wait to hear about your trip!

::yes:: AK is by far our favorite park.

Last edited:
Giving a quick update for our first park day at EMH DHS.
Walked over from Dolphin about a 25 minute walk, thru security at 6:31, waited on Sunset Blvd about 5 rows back. Let in shortly after 6:45, did SDD 8 minute wait, Aliens, TSM. Then headed to RR walked straight thru to limo! Then walked straight into twilight zone preshow and then directly onto TOT.
Met Mickey and Minnie at the red carpet, did ST all by 8:30. Took a snack break and then started our FPs. Watched frozen sing along.
Ate at sci-fi for lunch now lounging by pool until we head back for the rest of our FPs dinner at 50s and Fantasmic.
So far fantastic!!

Sounds like an amazing day at DHS! Hope our day goes that smooth.

Day 9 ... today was DHS day. We did so much at DHS on Friday, so today I didn't feel that we needed to get there so early. Woke up the kids at 7:30am, got to bus stop at 8:00am and a DHS bus was there by 8:03am - great timing! We were through bag check and tapstile by 8:30am. Today we had a super long bus when we got off the bus (on Friday, we were still let off near the park but today the bus stops were WAYYYYYY back. We went to TSL and TSM was only a 15 minute wait. We rode that then our teens rode SDD with FP+ (they used their bands then our bands- I rode it Friday and it was cute but I didn't need to do it again - TSM is my favourite!) Then we rode ToT with very little wait, saw Beauty and the Beast, had lunch at 50's Prime Time- peanut butter and jelly shakes x 2, vanilla coke and a vanilla coke float, chicken pot pie x 2, meatloaf, fried chicken platter- all were good. Got our dessert to go as we were so full. DH and oldest DD went back to resort while youngest DD and I rode ToT again (our waitress gave us a FP for ToT as our food was a bit mixed up, but it was a pleasant surprise and we weren't expecting it and hadn't complained about anything as it was all good). Then we hopped on bus to AK (not much shade available at the new bus stops; thankfully bus only took about 10 minutes to arrive). We went to AK to pick up a hoodie youngest DD had wanted at Everest store, and booked a FP on the way there, so we rode Everest, bought the hoodie and headed back to resort. Very lucky with bus - had to run, but at least we got on it! Back to room by 3pm, ate dessert from lunch and resting now. Such a hot day today. Tonight is Disney Springs and tomorrow it MK day with breakfast at Crystal Palace and supper at 'Ohana.

Seems like you are having a great time! Enjoying the updates.

Too excited to sleep! :banana: I didn't need to be up until almost 7am but I woke up at 4am, and could not go back to sleep. I am ready to get this day going! In about 12 hours we should be enjoying the Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation. Safe travels for everyone else leaving today - I know there are a few of us.

Same here, haha! Though I woke up only about 45 minutes early. Have a great time!!

Giving a quick update for our first park day at EMH DHS.
Walked over from Dolphin about a 25 minute walk, thru security at 6:31, waited on Sunset Blvd about 5 rows back. Let in shortly after 6:45, did SDD 8 minute wait, Aliens, TSM. Then headed to RR walked straight thru to limo! Then walked straight into twilight zone preshow and then directly onto TOT.
Met Mickey and Minnie at the red carpet, did ST all by 8:30. Took a snack break and then started our FPs. Watched frozen sing along.
Ate at sci-fi for lunch now lounging by pool until we head back for the rest of our FPs dinner at 50s and Fantasmic.
So far fantastic!!

That sounds like a perfect morning/afternoon!! Hope your trip continues to be magical!

I’m sure everyone is so sick of this by now but only you guys will understand!

We leave Friday- 2 more sleeps and I can’t even think about anything else!

We are completely packed and ready for this trip to start. Still stalking the weather (and now this board for current reports) like it’s my full-time job while accomplishing nothing at my real full-time job.

You may remember I was stalking the ADRs for an Ohana breakfast in September (which would mean maybe cancelling the one for this trip and instead only taking our 2 yo in September. Which would then mean saving $100 by not taking the two older kiddos -who have already expressed how much they would rather not go to Ohana and would rather have Tonga toast for $8 at Captain Cook’s). Well, I got a 7:30 AM Ohana in September, so it looks like everyone may get what they want for BOTH trips (no “baby breakfast” as the older kids call it at Ohana, and no extra $100 expense and I can still go with 2 yo in September).

Being persistent really pays off! Good for you!:flower1:

Too excited to sleep! :banana: I didn't need to be up until almost 7am but I woke up at 4am, and could not go back to sleep. I am ready to get this day going! In about 12 hours we should be enjoying the Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation. Safe travels for everyone else leaving today - I know there are a few of us.
HaHa! I always seem to wake up super early on departure day! Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

Epcot day yesterday was great we got to do nearly everything we wanted to even got to do 2 rides we have never done Journey to Imagination with Figment and Gran Tour with the Three Caballeros. Mobile ordering is the best thing since I don't know what. It was extremely hot yesterday and after I picked up my Cucumber margarita at La Cava de Tequila we sat down to figure out lunch. Went with Liberty Inn purely because of the Mobile ordering and bonus inside seating. Stopped in the store in Japan my kids favorite they closed off the wall to the food area which is weird. I stopped on Les Halles for a snack and Yorkshire for my fish and chip lunch.

Went back to the room for a pre dinner swim. And off to our Dinner at Kona Cafe ( my daughter and I agreed that our lunch last year was better).

Unfortunately we missed Illuminations trying to head back to Epcot. :sad: Really wanted to see it since it will be closed by the time I return in the spring but such is life.

Well today we check out of our AOA portion of our split stay and into our AKL CL reservation. We will spend the day in the resort and head to DS for shopping and dinner. Tomorrow is our DHS day can't wait eventhough forecast is tomorrow is going to be even hotter then yesterday...

Day 9 ... Then we rode ToT with very little wait, saw Beauty and the Beast, had lunch at 50's Prime Time- peanut butter and jelly shakes x 2, vanilla coke and a vanilla coke float, chicken pot pie x 2, meatloaf, fried chicken platter- all were good. Got our dessert to go as we were so full.

We had the PBJ shakes today - so delicious. Enjoy!!

Suitcases are loaded in the car. Two suitcases, 1 rolling carry-on, 1 large purse for me (full of toddler snacks for the flight), DH has a backpack with our electronics, and a diaper bag. Not bad for 5 people for 8 days (this is a new record for me)!.

We leave at 6 AM to get our 8 AM flight out of LaGuardia. By this time tomorrow I will have upgraded to an annual pass, and I will be poolside at BCV (who am I kidding- I’ll be sound asleep at BCV).

Today was a great day at the Magic Kingdom. We rode Splash, BTMRR and Haunted Mansion then had a late breakfast at Crystal Palace. Youngest DD always needs to see Eeyore:-) Break at PORS / swim / rest. Supper at 'Ohana -soooo good! We haven't been there for supper since they were serving lettuce wraps instead of salad - much better tonight. Then we went into MK again and rode Space, Buzz, People Mover, and Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. A bit of shopping and back to resort now to pack. We are almost finished our 10 night stay at PORS (it's been awesome; loved all of our boat rides to Disney Springs) and tomorrow we are moving to Beach Club. We love the BC and Stormalong Bay pool! The next 4 days will be just SAB swimming and going into Epcot, our favourite park. Also, it's our first ever Club Level stay- so excited for this!

We are here! We arrived to AoA on the magical express around 5:30pm. I am in love with this resort, espcially the Cars area - where we are. It is magical especially at night. We ate at Landscape of Flavors. Overall, not impressed. The service was seriously lacking. It look me 3 or 4 tries to get my son's chicken meal. I ordered the stuffed meatball and that. They gave me my meatball. No breadstick, even though my dad got a breadstick with his. Repeatedly they kept looking at me and asking what I am waiting for. Literally by the time I got my son's meal my meatball was cold. My mom asked why I didn't get a breadstick, and I told her I was frustrated. I asked and they ignored me. A sweet castmember overheard and went and got me two breadsticks! After a long day of travel, her sweet gesture was dearly appreciated. I wish I got her name. After dinner we swam in the big blue pool and had a couple of adult beverages. I particularly liked the frozen rum and coke. We'll be at Animal Kingdom tomorrow! My family's favorite park. Hope everyone had safe travels today!

We’re at the Polynesian now woohoo! The only thing is we were assigned a connecting room but we really, really don’t want that. So they put in a request for us to change but we have to wait until tomorrow. That means moving all of our bags to bell services and re-checking in to another room. Aye :confused3

3 more days for us!!!! Today is my last work day. DH's last day was yesterday - so jealous! I was supposed to take today off but then I got 2 interviews scheduled for myself, so here I am!!!

I just need to make it to 4 pm, and then my mind can go 100% to Disney! We still need to pack and take care of a bunch of stuff before we go, so c'mon 4:00!!

Today is our AK day. Got to the park around 8:30am. Went straight to safari. The line was longer than usual for rope drop, but still maybe 20 minutes. Saw tons of animals. They were very active today. Giraffes came very close. The lions were out and we even heard them roar! We had a fastpass for FoP and Navi (3 and 3 for our group). My parents really enjoyed Pandora. We fastpassed Kali River Rapids and surpringly no one got really wet. Then we went to Yak and Yeti for lunch. The food was all awesome, but especially the fried wontons. Today was our first time, I would definitely recommend it. We did Tough to be a Bug and Festival of a Lion King. Headed back to AoA for a short pool break. We will head back to AK later for Dinosaur and Everest and the dance party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter