*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Anyone else here staying at Storey Lake? Typically we have left over items - like water , trash bags, or something that we don't want to go to waste. We still have plenty of days left but if anyone was going to be here around the time we're leaving, 8/22, then I'd try to coordinate.

Posting while we have a brief break!

Flight landed at 8:30am and we got to our resort around 10:15. We snagged a GREAT view! Standard view room, but if we go to the left corner of the balcony, we can see the castle!! Went to Disney Springs for lunch and got Chicken Guy. It was great and cheap! Back at the hotel now riding out storms. Narcoossee’s tonight, and then our first park day at MK tomorrow!

Done with work, heading to St. Louis - where we are flying out tomorrow early am-to have dinner with in-laws and spend the night. This time tomorrow hopefully heading to MK soon for MNSSHP. I think I tpremebered everything!
Posting while we have a brief break!

Flight landed at 8:30am and we got to our resort around 10:15. We snagged a GREAT view! Standard view room, but if we go to the left corner of the balcony, we can see the castle!! Went to Disney Springs for lunch and got Chicken Guy. It was great and cheap! Back at the hotel now riding out storms. Narcoossee’s tonight, and then our first park day at MK tomorrow!

View attachment 426030
Nice! Hope we get a view like that!

Done with work, heading to St. Louis - where we are flying out tomorrow early am-to have dinner with in-laws and spend the night. This time tomorrow hopefully heading to MK soon for MNSSHP. I think I tpremebered everything!

Nice! Hope we get a view like that!
Are you having dinner in StL? What time do you fly out? I shall wave at you!

Booked our bounceback today! Headed back for my FIRST EVER Christmas trip, Dec 13-19! Not sure if this is the norm, but it took us about an hour on the phone to book. We got through to someone right away but it just took him forever to get all our info.

We are at Comfort suites main gate east for tonight before checking in to Disney tomorrow. It is a nice clean budget hotel with large rooms, a great pool and hot tub area with bar and grill from 3-10pm and a hot breakfast. It overlooks Old Town and I am told we will be able to see the MK fireworks tonight from our 7th floor rooms.

Same here!!:yay::dogdance:
It is our single digit dance day, too !!!!!!!! :) :dancer::banana:

Booked our bounceback today! Headed back for my FIRST EVER Christmas trip, Dec 13-19! Not sure if this is the norm, but it took us about an hour on the phone to book. We got through to someone right away but it just took him forever to get all our info.
It seems like it usually takes about 45 minutes or more to book a bounce back from the resort room when we call in. They move very slowly.

Last edited:
Well, we're home from our trip! It was really good overall! Both our starting flight and our connecting flight got delayed, so we didn't get home until after 1am. Too tired to post much but I'll write up a summary tomorrow. Hope everyone is either enjoying their trip or soon to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter