*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Did my ADR's today. I was up and on my computer by 6:00am - everything looked good. Window was showing open, but I could only book for exactly 180 days out. So, I had to wait until 7am and I then called to book reservations. This is frustrating because it's long distance (wish they had an 800 number), but the CM on the phone was awesome. She was quick and efficient - she couldn't figure out why I couldn't book ahead online. I've done this for 12 Augusts in a row and this was the only time I had a lot of trouble. But, in the end, we got everything we wanted within 5-10 minutes of the times we wanted, so it ended well. Everyone is happy with our reservations, but after reading the review of Storybook Dining by @disneyAndi14 I feel like I should book that restaurant too. The menu didn't sound appealing (3 out of the 4 of us are not seafood people) but the vegetarian dish / veal dish sound good. Maybe I should book and ADR and think about it? We booked with our free dining:
Akershus breakfast
Cape May breakfast
Sci Fi dinner - pay OOP for this restaurant
50's dinner
'Ohana dinner
Trails End dinner
Crystal Palace dinner
Le Cellier dinner
Via Napoli dinner
We'll also do Rainforest Cafe with our Landry cards - does anyone with a Landry card know if you can use birthday rewards in Animal Kingdom for a quick service restaurant? Or is it only for table services?) We've only used it for Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex.
We'll also eat at ESPN for lunch and pay OOP, but don't need a reservation for here. We stay a few nights at Beach Club and my dad always likes to eat here and watch sports.
I prefer breakfasts, but with my DD's being older teens, we are going to change our touring style this year. We've always been rope drop people, then hang by the pool afternoon / evening. This year we're going to try to sleep in, hang by pool and head into the park around 3 until 10ish/ park close. Hope this keeps everyone happy and since we've been so many times, we don't have to do 'everything' and can take things slow and relaxing. As long as we have our dining booked and a few FP's for each day, we're good.
Now I just have to wait until fastpass day and hope we don't have computer issues again!

We are going on Aug 3-10 and I scheduled a PPO BOG reservation for Aug 4th but now found out it is the date of EMM at MK. Should I cancel the reservation? Is it now useless to be pre park opening? And is the EMM worth the $300 for us to ride the fantasyland rides? I can't decide but it is a lot of extra money! Can someone give me some advice please?
Thank you!

I have a PPO reservation for Crystal Palace and for now, I plan to keep it even with EMM. It's just hubby and myself and I am hoping to have enough of a plan that it won't really affect us since we have a couple of MK days planned during our trip. Plus this is the only day I can have Crystal Palace for breakfast without changing other plans.

We are going on Aug 3-10 and I scheduled a PPO BOG reservation for Aug 4th but now found out it is the date of EMM at MK. Should I cancel the reservation? Is it now useless to be pre park opening? And is the EMM worth the $300 for us to ride the fantasyland rides? I can't decide but it is a lot of extra money! Can someone give me some advice please?
Thank you!

We're a family of 4 - all Disney adults, and had a family friend with us too. It was TOTALLY worth it to us in November, even before the extra rides were added. My DS ate enough food at the buffet for all of us (we went twice), and we rode Mine Train 6 times in a row, plus PP. Then were ready to do Space Mountain at rope drop with almost no wait, then went back to breakfast after the park opened, before using our FPs for the day.

I am going Aug 23-25 solo at POFQ then meeting my sisters Sunday for 4 nights at Beach club Villas for my 50th birthday.
My first time solo.. a bit exciting a bit scary. Will be doing the Halloween party Friday and Tuesday. It was always the plan to be in MK at the fireworks for my birthday

I feel like I should book that restaurant too. The menu didn't sound appealing (3 out of the 4 of us are not seafood people) but the vegetarian dish / veal dish sound good. Maybe I should book and ADR and think about it? We booked with our free dining:

I think you should! The menu didn’t sound the best to me and I was so surprised how good everything was. The butternut squash soup and little meat pie appetizers were so yummy! Like I said all 3 entrees were so good. Just stay away from the prime rib entree, has a real smoky flavor from reviews and reviews of this not very good. The desserts were all delicious too. It was a good time and would be a great use of 1 TS, I think it is still just 1 credit, unless it has changed.

I think you should! The menu didn’t sound the best to me and I was so surprised how good everything was. The butternut squash soup and little meat pie appetizers were so yummy! Like I said all 3 entrees were so good. Just stay away from the prime rib entree, has a real smoky flavor from reviews and reviews of this not very good. The desserts were all delicious too. It was a good time and would be a great use of 1 TS, I think it is still just 1 credit, unless it has changed.

I ordered the gnocchi and I ended up eating my daughter’s roast beef when we dined there. The roast beef meal was so good!!! The gnocchi was way too rich for me. Two bites and I was done. I guess we’re all so different.

I wonder if they’ll switch over to a spring/summer menu at some point.

Hi all! I’m new here, but you all seem lovely. We’re headed to POP for August 5-11. It’s our second trip with our two kids (they’ll be almost 2 and almost 5 when we go) and we’re trying to take a much more relaxed approach than our first trip. Last time I had so much fun planning that I just kept cramming in activities! ADRs are locked and loaded, and I’m super excited for August :earsboy:

Thank you!

I don't know how much of an advantage your PPO will give you. I do quite enjoy the EMM. We've done it every summer since they introduced it, and it never disappoints. We've always managed to get a fair number of ride in on 7DMT, plus at least one go on Peter Pan, and Pooh, then we head for one of the other popular rides as the park is opening, and get that done before returning to breakfast. We've always done BTMRR, or Pirates, however with breakfast being in Tomorrowland now, I would think Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, or the Tomorrowland Speedway would be a good choice to do at rope drop. It might even be possible to do two of them before going to breakfast since Cosmic Ray's is right there. I would think that $300 for breakfast for four people, and the hour of exclusive ride time is pretty well worth it IF it fits your finances. Obviously, if that is stretching the budget too thin, then I would skip it.

I am going Aug 23-25 solo at POFQ then meeting my sisters Sunday for 4 nights at Beach club Villas for my 50th birthday.
My first time solo.. a bit exciting a bit scary. Will be doing the Halloween party Friday and Tuesday. It was always the plan to be in MK at the fireworks for my birthday

I've added you to the Roll Call. Happy early birthday :)

Hi all! I’m new here, but you all seem lovely. We’re headed to POP for August 5-11. It’s our second trip with our two kids (they’ll be almost 2 and almost 5 when we go) and we’re trying to take a much more relaxed approach than our first trip. Last time I had so much fun planning that I just kept cramming in activities! ADRs are locked and loaded, and I’m super excited for August :earsboy:

It is SO easy to over plan your first trip. We won't even talk about mine lol. Subsequent trips have gotten better. Over the years, I have fallen into a much more relaxed touring style. We plan out our mornings to fit in all of the rides, and then our afternoons are significantly more laid back, just taking in the sights, shopping, snacking, taking in shows, or rides as the opportunity arises.

I have added you to the Roll Call.

I'm so glad you guys mentioned Early Morning Magic on this thread. I didn't realize they finally released the dates! I went on and booked. We had planned our MK day for it, so I was hoping! Just in case EMM was ending for Fantasyland (I worried), I had gotten a PPO reservation for our other MK day on 8/8. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it or cancel it. On the one hand, it's a better use of our dining credit than another quick breakfast. On the other hand, we might appreciate not having two really early mornings! I might decide closer to the trip.

I'm so glad you guys mentioned Early Morning Magic on this thread. I didn't realize they finally released the dates! I went on and booked. We had planned our MK day for it, so I was hoping! Just in case EMM was ending for Fantasyland (I worried), I had gotten a PPO reservation for our other MK day on 8/8. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it or cancel it. On the one hand, it's a better use of our dining credit than another quick breakfast. On the other hand, we might appreciate not having two really early mornings! I might decide closer to the trip.
I haven't booked the EMM yet, but fully intend to. We have done it the past 3 years, and really enjoyed it.

So, I have ONE day of ADR's left to make. I find it interesting that I was unable to book Rose and Crown for a 7:30 either of the days that I wanted it. Both days, 7:20 and 7:45 were available, but nothing in between. I fully expect that this has to do with the Illuminations Dining Package that they are offering there. Not that the 10 minute difference makes a big deal to us, I just find it interesting. Certainly, I won't pay the higher price for the dining package for a couple of reasons. First off, that view has always been free, so I don't really feel any need to pay a premium for it. It is not like other dining packages, where your meal gets you a guaranteed seat in the show theater. These are seats that have always been available for guests dining in the restaurant, and now they want extra money for them. Perhaps more importantly though, and the real deal breaker for us, is that the dining package seems to have a limited menu, and unfortunately, nothing on that limited menu appeals to my wife. This, I don't get. They are getting quite a fair bit more money for the dining package than any of the meals would cost if purchased separately, so I'm not entirely sure why they don't just make the full menu available, but it is what it is.

Need all the help i can get.
Will be staying at PoP August 11th to tge 17th. Plans so far are .... well.. not sure right at the moment as its a first trip for 3 in our party. Our party consists of Me (I was there over 15 years ago but was not involved in the planning and just went with the flow) my husband who has never been.. our 15yr old son never been and our 9yr old granddaughter also never been... we have 4 day park hopper tickets and planning on MNSSHP on the 16th. My husband is not one who likes to have everything planned out so im doing this all on my own. I'll read over this thread but without making this super long im trying to figure out days and not make this packed of full fledged hard core planed down to the minute. Im getting close to ADR but how do you plan those when your not sure what parks have what for fireworks and all that. We are driving so will not be getting there till mid day on the 11th. Im not one for trying to rush to the park on arrival day. Or last day park day... thank you all in advance for all helpful tips and advice
Magic Kingdom won't be super crowded on your party day. If you're not planners take advantage of Pirate's Adventure and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and the similar Perry the Platapus game at Epcot.

Did the first half of our ADRs today. Split stay so I couldn't do Sunday yet, but decided on Homecomin' on Friday night and Storybook on Saturday before the DIS party! Still hoping, although it's not likely... for DAH at MK either Friday or Sunday.

Did the first half of our ADRs today. Split stay so I couldn't do Sunday yet, but decided on Homecomin' on Friday night and Storybook on Saturday before the DIS party! Still hoping, although it's not likely... for DAH at MK either Friday or Sunday.

What is the DIS party? Should I be wanting to go, or should I be avoiding a particular park that day?

I LOVE EMM! We've done a few, but now my DD's are 17 and 19 and don't want to get up that early any more. I'm going to miss it, but I guess I'll have to get used to changing the way we tour and try staying at the parks late / sleeping in. I'm thinking of trying DAH and we're planning on doing the first MNSSHP. Happy Planning!

What is the DIS party? Should I be wanting to go, or should I be avoiding a particular park that day?
The DIS party is an even held by the DIS in Pandora. It doesn't start until 11:00 at night, so likely it will not have any significant effect on AK crowd levels that day, though, we are planning on spending the day in AK, and then having a late supper at Rainforest Cafe' before going to the DIS party.

The party is indeed sold out at this point.

I ordered the gnocchi and I ended up eating my daughter’s roast beef when we dined there. The roast beef meal was so good!!! The gnocchi was way too rich for me. Two bites and I was done. I guess we’re all so different.

I wonder if they’ll switch over to a spring/summer menu at some point.
I am going to suggest we order a few different things to try - because I want the gnocchi, fish, AND prime rib lol.

Interesting thought about a switch to a summer menu, it is a pretty heavy menu I suppose but it just looks so good as is!

We are meeting up with family at MK on Saturday August 24. They have have four children 2 to 7, so with this age range we will be heading to FL. In all of our Disney trips, we have never done this park on a Saturday, so I'm wondering how this will play out. Should I try for an early ADR at BOG to give us a small advantage?

Hey all, just curious if anyone uses Touring Plans subscription and if it is worth it. I already know my dates and used other crowd calendars to determine what days to go where, but wondering if there is more info in the subscription option to make it worth my while to check it out...it is fairly cheap anyway, just thought I'd ask opinions. Thanks.
I use Touring plans. I use it somewhat to guide my days but I also use normal logic like no MK on Sat and Mon, etc, etc. I do like to create personalized plans so I use their software for that. I also like the room view section and I use the room request fax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter