*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Today was my 180 and I got all my dining reservations made. I initially tried through the website on my desktop but it wouldn't let me input my credit card info---kept giving me an error message. Then I did it on the app on my phone and it went through no problem. I went back to the website then and because my credit card was no on file, I was able to make everything else.

Has anyone else had this issue?
I keep having trouble using my Disney Visa....but it accepts another another cc. Not sure why. Maybe I should try the app.

I keep having trouble using my Disney Visa....but it accepts another another cc. Not sure why. Maybe I should try the app.
My 180 day was yesterday and both the app and website wouldn’t let me make a reservation past the first day of stay, I did everything over the phone and got what I wanted but it seems like every time I have an issue

My 180 day was yesterday and both the app and website wouldn’t let me make a reservation past the first day of stay, I did everything over the phone and got what I wanted but it seems like every time I have an issue
I'm glad you were able to get them!

So, I am mostly official. I have a reservation for Aug 30-Sept 2 on 3 day hold. The reason I did the three day hold is I had been hoping to book CBR and I waited too long. Everything but pirate rooms are all sold out on the Sun & Fun offer. I booked CSR, but we have it booked for July so I wanted to do a different resort. Of course, still waiting on AP rates so nothing is set in stone but if we end up at CSR again, so be it. I do want to try the two new TS that are opening there and I am also contemplating changing to a tower room just for something different. Our July trip is July 4-7 so we are just missing the tower opening by 2 days so I was planning to book the new restaurants for Labor Day anyway, so maybe CSR is meant to be.

My ADR date is March 3rd. We will be in Disney then but headed home that day so I should be able to get them done easily (I hope) before we are packing up.

We are meeting up with family at MK on Saturday August 24. They have have four children 2 to 7, so with this age range we will be heading to FL. In all of our Disney trips, we have never done this park on a Saturday, so I'm wondering how this will play out. Should I try for an early ADR at BOG to give us a small advantage?

I would not bother with the BOG reservation. The ONLY advantage that *might* give you is with 7 dwarfs mine train. I would probably try to book a FP+ for that. Head towards Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, or the other way for Space, Buzz Lightyear, and Tomorrowland Speedway, or to Fantasy Land to do Peter Pan, Pooh, then probably Haunted Mansion. You should be able to do either Tomorrowland, Fantasy Land, or Adventure Land / Frontier Land pretty much in it's entirety at rope drop before the lines get too bad. Which ever way you are heading at Rope Drop, use your other two FP+ (as you used the first one for 7 Dwarfs) to book the big rides in one of the other lands. So, if you started with Fantasyland, then perhaps use your other two FP+ for Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear. In this way, between rope drop, and your pre booked FP+, you should be able to hit all the big rides in 2/3 of the park. You can then use the refresh method to search for 4th and subsequent FP+ in the remaining land, as well as hitting rides that don't usually have long lines, like Monster's Inc, the People Mover, Carousel of Progress etc.

Try using an incognito window in Chrome.

I would not bother with the BOG reservation. The ONLY advantage that *might* give you is with 7 dwarfs mine train. I would probably try to book a FP+ for that. Head towards Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, or the other way for Space, Buzz Lightyear, and Tomorrowland Speedway, or to Fantasy Land to do Peter Pan, Pooh, then probably Haunted Mansion. You should be able to do either Tomorrowland, Fantasy Land, or Adventure Land / Frontier Land pretty much in it's entirety at rope drop before the lines get too bad. Which ever way you are heading at Rope Drop, use your other two FP+ (as you used the first one for 7 Dwarfs) to book the big rides in one of the other lands. So, if you started with Fantasyland, then perhaps use your other two FP+ for Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear. In this way, between rope drop, and your pre booked FP+, you should be able to hit all the big rides in 2/3 of the park. You can then use the refresh method to search for 4th and subsequent FP+ in the remaining land, as well as hitting rides that don't usually have long lines, like Monster's Inc, the People Mover, Carousel of Progress etc.

Try using an incognito window in Chrome.

Thank you :thanks: appreciate your input. I won't bother with BOG since we will be there at rope drop. I think it was Saturday at MK that was worrying me.

Thank you :thanks: appreciate your input. I won't bother with BOG since we will be there at rope drop. I think it was Saturday at MK that was worrying me.
As long as you have a solid plan, you shouldn't have too much difficulty hitting quite a few rides.

We are going on Aug 3-10 and I scheduled a PPO BOG reservation for Aug 4th but now found out it is the date of EMM at MK. Should I cancel the reservation? Is it now useless to be pre park opening? And is the EMM worth the $300 for us to ride the fantasyland rides? I can't decide but it is a lot of extra money! Can someone give me some advice please?
Thank you!

We also plan to go to MK on Aug 4. We have a lunch ADR at BoG. I too am in a quandary about whether to change to another park that day.

We also plan to go to MK on Aug 4. We have a lunch ADR at BoG. I too am in a quandary about whether to change to another park that day.
I don't know if the expanded EMM makes a big difference, but with what I have seen from EMM the last three years, I wouldn't change my plans because of it.

Woohoo! I just snagged a lunch at Beaches and Cream. It was the one I wanted the most and couldn't get. I was using a dining reservation finder and missed a 3 am text about one being available but when I checked at 6 am my time, it was obviously gone. A few minutes later I got another text there was one for the 5th so I was able to snag it. I decided a few minutes ago to just randomly check for the 4th again on MDE and was able to snag a 3:00 on Sunday the 4th! That's the day I wanted because it's MK day and we will be taking a mid-day break so we will just eat a late lunch/early supper at 3:00 before heading back to MK. This made my day. Now I need to go through and cancel some other reservations I had, which also means giving up lunch at BOG, but I'm okay with that because I know hubby and I both would enjoy B&C more.

Woohoo! I just snagged a lunch at Beaches and Cream. It was the one I wanted the most and couldn't get. I was using a dining reservation finder and missed a 3 am text about one being available but when I checked at 6 am my time, it was obviously gone. A few minutes later I got another text there was one for the 5th so I was able to snag it. I decided a few minutes ago to just randomly check for the 4th again on MDE and was able to snag a 3:00 on Sunday the 4th! That's the day I wanted because it's MK day and we will be taking a mid-day break so we will just eat a late lunch/early supper at 3:00 before heading back to MK. This made my day. Now I need to go through and cancel some other reservations I had, which also means giving up lunch at BOG, but I'm okay with that because I know hubby and I both would enjoy B&C more.

Awesome! The 5th is the last day they are open before refurbishment so we unfortunately will miss out but congrats! We are jealous.

I did it!!! Just booked our MNSSHP tickets for the four of us! We're going to the Hallowe'en Party :hmghost::maleficen
It will be our first party ever.party:
I never thought we'd be able to go because I have to be back to school to teach / DD's have high school and University, but with earlier party dates being offered, it has worked out for us. We are going to the first party night on August 16th. We are also staying at the Poly this night, so I'm hoping it will be convenient to get to / from party. So excited! Now we have to start to think about costumes.

I did it!!! Just booked our MNSSHP tickets for the four of us! We're going to the Hallowe'en Party :hmghost::maleficen
I never thought we'd be able to go because I have to be back to school to teach / DD's have high school and University, but with earlier party dates being offered, it has worked out for us. We are going to the first party night on August 16th. We are also staying at the Poly this night, so I'm hoping it will be convenient to get to / from party. So excited! Now we have to start to think about costumes.

I just can't pull the trigger! We will be there for the Aug 30th one and I really (think I) want to purchase them as a surprise for my girls. It's $356 and some change for the four us, and I think I'm hung up on if it will be worth it. That's the only reason I can figure I haven't made the jump yet, but I'm about 95% there. My oldest (10) has talked for years about going. She'd freak if I surprised her!

August 19-25 at Caribbean Beach!

You have been added to the Roll Call

Awesome!!! I haven't purchased tickets yet, but I expect that DW, DS15 and I will be at that party on the 16th as well.

I just can't pull the trigger! We will be there for the Aug 30th one and I really (think I) want to purchase them as a surprise for my girls. It's $356 and some change for the four us, and I think I'm hung up on if it will be worth it. That's the only reason I can figure I haven't made the jump yet, but I'm about 95% there. My oldest (10) has talked for years about going. She'd freak if I surprised her!
I totally agree. It was hard to push the 'purchase' button as the cost is quite high. My DD's are 17 and 19 so I know they'll be fine to stay up and get the value of the night (I might be the one dragging lol). We had to pay the exchange to CAD from USD ... $492 Canadian for the 4 of us ... yikes! But, it may be a one time thing for us as DD's are getting older and have other committments such as University and jobs. As long as they're enjoying Disney, we're more than happy to keep bringing them, but you never know how long that will last. So excited. Good luck in making your decision.

I totally agree. It was hard to push the 'purchase' button as the cost is quite high. My DD's are 17 and 19 so I know they'll be fine to stay up and get the value of the night (I might be the one dragging lol). We had to pay the exchange to CAD from USD ... $492 Canadian for the 4 of us ... yikes! But, it may be a one time thing for us as DD's are getting older and have other committments such as University and jobs. As long as they're enjoying Disney, we're more than happy to keep bringing them, but you never know how long that will last. So excited. Good luck in making your decision.
My DD is 24, and still loves Disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter