*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Aug 16th, either POFQ or BCV (waiting on AP discounts to be announced). Taking our little one for his second trip but this time with both sets of Grandparents :scared: (we went this year just the 3 of us)
What is the end date of your trip? And, I forgot to add, how awesome that both sets of grandparents are coming along!!!!

What is the end date of your trip? And, I forgot to add, how awesome that both sets of grandparents are coming along!!!!

As of now the 23rd but that could change (but will work for the thread purposes). It IS awesome, in theory, hahaha. Just have to see how it all works out as my parents have not been since I was little and the in laws are not as Disney crazy as we are. But the fact that DW and I can go on a few date nights and ride rides together will definitely be awesome.

As of now the 23rd but that could change (but will work for the thread purposes). It IS awesome, in theory, hahaha. Just have to see how it all works out as my parents have not been since I was little and the in laws are not as Disney crazy as we are. But the fact that DW and I can go on a few date nights and ride rides together will definitely be awesome.
I can always edit the roll call later if that changes. I've had to change my own twice now lol. I'm sure travelling with both sets of grandparents will have it's challenges, but it will also be awesome for your son, making memories that he will be able to cherish for a lifetime.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I've been stalking the website too, because in my head it seems logical that maybe they will post it there 30 seconds before they send me an email.:laughing:

I'm also hoping at least one thing that is "rumored" to open in Fall 2019 opens early enough for us to see it- Remy, Mickey, SOMETHING!

Haha I've been stalking the website and facebook for the same reason. I hope they release the deal before I spend all my money on Christmas gifts.

I wouldn't mind if something new opened early but I don't want to be there when Star Wars Land opens. Well I want to see it but I don't want to deal with the crowds.

Haha I've been stalking the website and facebook for the same reason. I hope they release the deal before I spend all my money on Christmas gifts.

I wouldn't mind if something new opened early but I don't want to be there when Star Wars Land opens. Well I want to see it but I don't want to deal with the crowds.

What sites/emails/facebooks are you all stalking?

Please add us to the list! Planning on August 2-10. Not 100% where we are staying yet. We usually stay at the Poly, but due to other obligations during the year our budget is telling us to stay at a moderate! Dilemma is that we want to stay at Coronado, but the agency exclusive we have doesn't include it - only the Port Orleans resorts. I am guessing WDW will offer some kind of discount, but I hate waiting. I may just book POR and then change if Coronado has a discount.

Please add us to the list! Planning on August 2-10. Not 100% where we are staying yet. We usually stay at the Poly, but due to other obligations during the year our budget is telling us to stay at a moderate! Dilemma is that we want to stay at Coronado, but the agency exclusive we have doesn't include it - only the Port Orleans resorts. I am guessing WDW will offer some kind of discount, but I hate waiting. I may just book POR and then change if Coronado has a discount.
You're added. Let me know when you decide on which resort, and I'll update the roll call.

What sites/emails/facebooks are you all stalking?
I don't think we're allowed to mention it by name here on the boards, but it should pop up if you search for magical deal and Disney. :)

Of course, the deal isn't there yet... but I'm hoping that just means it'll be that much better.

Thinking of switching our end of Sept/Oct trip to August since we now want to do a road trip and drive. It will be mid August. For those that go in August, will my husband melt in the heat because apparently he thinks he will. We will be staying most of our vacation at Poly and doing the MK and Epcot most of the time so can go back to the room mid day if needed.
We have had end of September trips that were just as 'melty' as our August trip.
We like taking a mid day break to recharge and the pool resort and activities are just as important to my kids as their park visit.

I came home yesterday from a quick trip with my best friend and am now full force August planning to get over the Disney blues lol It was great weather for my friend and I since she isn't a sun worshiper and had zero interest in swimming but I prefer my hot weather trips!

After doing the slinky dog shuffle I think I would really like to 'plus' our trip with the EMM at DHS. My family really likes that area, I just need to convince my 9yo that it isn't scary. She likes BTMRR and 7DMT but won't try Slinky :rolleyes:

I don't think we're allowed to mention it by name here on the boards, but it should pop up if you search for magical deal and Disney. :)

Of course, the deal isn't there yet... but I'm hoping that just means it'll be that much better.

Is it just the same deals that disney offers through their own website? Or something different? Just wondering what the benefit to "stalking" the page is. Thanks!

If it IS the one I think it is, I would need to wait for a code for my specific week before quoting correct?

Correct. :)
It's usually a great discounted room rate - we've really liked it. But if you contact them now and tell them you're hoping for a deal with those dates, they'll email you when the deal does pop up. :)
BTW- if you have the right one they have a list of deals right on the main page organized by date. Hope that helps!!

I am hoping this week is the week for the deal!!!!!!!

Just stumbled upon this thread and am so happy I did. We are going the 17th-23rd and right now staying at VWL/BRV DVC but will change to either zoKW or AKL at the 7 month mark with a WL for BLT and Boatdwalk. It is our 3rd August stay. We buy AP’s and do August then the following April due to school schedules. It’s not easy once they hit High School.
Thanks so much in advance for adding me to roll call.

Just stumbled upon this thread and am so happy I did. We are going the 17th-23rd and right now staying at VWL/BRV DVC but will change to either zoKW or AKL at the 7 month mark with a WL for BLT and Boatdwalk. It is our 3rd August stay. We buy AP’s and do August then the following April due to school schedules. It’s not easy once they hit High School.
Thanks so much in advance for adding me to roll call.
Welcome! I got you added to the roll call, just let me know when you have settled on your resort(s) and I will update.

Correct. :)
It's usually a great discounted room rate - we've really liked it. But if you contact them now and tell them you're hoping for a deal with those dates, they'll email you when the deal does pop up. :)
BTW- if you have the right one they have a list of deals right on the main page organized by date. Hope that helps!!

I am hoping this week is the week for the deal!!!!!!!

Interesting. I'm an annual passholder, I wonder if it'd be a bigger discount than that. Guess it cant hurt to check.

Interesting. I'm an annual passholder, I wonder if it'd be a bigger discount than that. Guess it cant hurt to check.
I am an AP holder and the end of summer deal with this agency is way better! The deal is usually certain resorts which are deluxe! I can send you a conversation if interested in the deal, I have done it for the past 4 years.

I am an AP holder and the end of summer deal with this agency is way better! The deal is usually certain resorts which are deluxe! I can send you a conversation if interested in the deal, I have done it for the past 4 years.

That would be great. I called them about a week ago and have not heard back yet. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter