The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia1972

<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Thread Photo Gallery

There have been many requests for a cake thread that is more of a gallery and shows photos and cake info only, without any chatter about cakes.

Your request is our pleasure and here it is!

How this will work is that all photos and cake info will be place in THIS CHATTER THREAD, which is the official cake chatter thread. Moderators will move those photos over here in a timely manner.

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:

Price:
Date Received:
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc:
Anything else special about that particular cake:

(To those viewing the gallery - Please remember that cakes ordered a long time ago may no longer be relevant, or available, but are still pretty to look at)

Can't wait to see and talk about all of the new cakes!

CAKE FAQ
Thanks to Lurkyloo & CakeManBri for your help with the FAQ Facts

Online Cake Orders
Disney doesn't have the capacity to order cakes via email right now, nor to do they have a website that you can see your options at. Initial contact requesting a cake needs to be done through the cake hot line or private dining. You MAY be given an email for future correspondence with the chef. Please do not post any email addresses on this thread, the mods will remove them. You can review some options that other DIS’ers have had by viewing either this thread or the CAKE GALLERY thread for just cake photos.

I need to call Disney to order my cake. Who do I call?
It depends on what type of cake you are ordering and where you want it delivered to.

Restaurant serves a ‘normal’ cake
Call the Cake Hot line (407 827-2253)

Deliver my cake to my Disney resort room please
Call Private Dining at your resort. There are mixed results on having a cake delivered to a resort that does not have private dining, but occasionally guests have been able to pick one up in the food court or an on-site restaurant.

How do I order a Fancy or Fondant covered cake?
To order a fancy cake, you need to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Yacht and Beach Club. If you want the cake delivered to a restaurant, you will need to have an ADR at a restaurant within the resort whose bakery you choose. If you want a cake delivered to your room, you will need to be staying at the resort whose bakery you choose.

But I want my cake at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge!
You may be able to have one made and delivered by the bakery at The Contemporary. Call Private Dining to see what your options are.

Can I get a fancy/fondant covered cake inside the theme park? Generally “No”. You may be able to if you are having a private event and pay to have one transported in. The exception to this seems to be Cinderella’s Royal Table. On occasion The Contemporary’s bakery will deliver to CRT.

Can I order a cake for pick-up?
The BoardWalk Bakery allows you to order cakes for pick-up. None of the other resort bakeries have storefronts.

What are my cake options and how much do they cost?
The only way to know for sure what options are available and what the prices are is to call either the Cake Hotline or Private Dining at the resort you want. The information in this thread is strictly unofficial and should be treated as such.

MILK FREE INFO
Originally Posted by trolleymom
I just called the MK bakery and was told that they can make milk free cakes! She thinks that they can put a design on it also. I asked for an Ariel design. This is the first time that I will not have to make my own birthday cake!

Original Cake Thread
Cake thread Part II

Cake thread part III

Current Chatter Thread

Yeah, it sure would be nice if Disney had a website set up, but they have so many bakeries offering so many different options, it must be too hard to standardize the choices.

If it helps, here's what's on the cake-ordering sheet for the BoardWalk Bakery. Obviously, it doesn't list every possibility, so you should definitely talk to someone there if you want something not on the list.

6-inch readymade cake (frozen cake) - $21+ tax

* serves 4-6
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream only
* no advance notice

6-inch fresh cake - $21+tax

* serves 4-6
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream OR Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Buttercream
* 48-hour notice required

8-inch fresh cake - $32+tax

* serves 8
* no special decorations
* Vanilla/White Chocolate Filling/White Chocolate Icing OR Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Filling/Dark Chocolate Icing

Mickey head cake - 48+tax

* serves 8 (chepic reports it may serve 14-16!)
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake or Chocolate Cake

Special Cakes

* prices vary
* special decorations are extra

10-inch, serves 16: $45 for cake + $30 for decorations

1/4 sheet, serves 20: $55 for cake + $35 for decorations

1/2 sheet, serves 40: $80 for cake + $40 for decorations

Full sheet, serves 80: $120 for cake + $55 for decorations

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

Order Form:

Date Received: 2/4/09

Cake info: Chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter cup mousse filling and chocolate buttercream frosting under the fondant.

Price: It would have been $55, but I requested the gold fondant cake topper and S-shaped "handles" inspired by the original, which bumped the price up to $110. :eek:

It was a 6-inch replica of the cake we had at our Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding, with a few changes, so I'll show you the inspiration picture and the result.

Anniversary Cake

014-2.jpg

141.jpg

This is DD's birthday cake from our trip in 8/07

Date: 8/22/07
Cost: $40 + tax & gratuity
Flavors: Yellow cake, strawberries in custard filling, white buttercream frosting
Decorations: Just asked for something for a little girl who likes purple

2893326050051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

2897531110051332420S425x425Q85.jpg

Price: $25

Date Received: various over the past 5 years

Cake info - white/yellow cake with buttercream filling and icing. We have always called either the GF (when staying somewhere around the lagoon) or The Boardwalk Bakery and asked for the mini 2 tier wedding cake replica and asked that they make it like the larger ones that are included in the Fairytale Wedding packages. Since we were married there the mini wedding cake has always been perfect for us. The taste of their buttercream brings me back :)
I have always been told it's a single serving... but there is no way. We eat those cakes for days. It's so rich! Both bakeries have said it's 4" but after they slather it in buttercream it's bigger than that - plus the top tier.

from 2005 GF bakery
231036853_a98e64e902.jpg

from 2007 BW bakery (sorry - bad yellow photo)
2098648589_a4c0335693_m.jpg
2098645101_cde5ac4672_m.jpg

from 2008 BW bakery
2099412706_f7c282f73e_m.jpg
2921332761_14b87a62e1_m.jpg
2922187822_021d56611a_m.jpg

Cinderella Castle Mini-Cake

Cost: $25 ($38 w/tax and tip - DH left the receipt on the tray!;)) June 2008

Grand Floridian Bakery, delivered to room

Cheesecake with white frosting - it was delicious, but SMALL. Four bites it was gone :rotfl:

WDWjune08001.jpg

Crystal Palace Cake
(Requested at Podium)

$12 (June 2008)

Chocolate cake w/chocolate filling

It was cute, my kids enjoyed the presentation. But the cake was very cold. I believe this is one of the "Sara Lee" frozen cakes. It was okay for the price. They ran out of "Happy Birthday" disks that night! :rotfl:

WDWjune08009.jpg

Tuxedo Strawberries w/White Chocolate Mickey

Price: $50 (w/tax and tip $65) June 2008
Strawberries $5 each, Mickey $25

Grand Floridian Bakery, delivered to room.

260.jpg

Cake Made By WDW Bakery

Price: $21
Date Received: 9/21/08
Cake info: We ordered this from our server after we sat down. It was made by the Epcot bakery. It was a measly 3 inches high (it looked like an EasyBake Oven cake!) and tasted like a stale Twinkie covered in whipped cream... :crazy2:

5bca0c70.jpg

Cake Made By Sara Lee

Price: $21
Date Received: 9/23/08
Cake info:This Sara Lee cake was the size of a minicake you’d buy at a grocery store – about 6 inches high – and tasted like one too. The frosting was thick buttercream and the cake was moist. cutie:

93b7ba31.jpg

Price:$40+tax+ gratuity
Date Received: Feb 8, 2008
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc: Marble cake, Chocolate buttercream frosting

IMG_5449.jpg

Cake: 10" vanilla with strawberry custard filling, rolled fondant with image transfers on the sides, flowers and plaque were provided, egg topper was provided by us.
Made by: CR bakery
Delivered to: CRT (for breakfast)
Cost: IIFR $95 ($45 for cake, $30 for images, bal is tax and 18% grat)

100_2999-1.jpg

100_3001.jpg

100_3011.jpg

100_3007.jpg

100_3008.jpg

100_3004.jpg

100_3005.jpg

100_3006.jpg

I'm not 100% sure of the price because I believe it went up at one location to $20 but is still $14 at the other. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the details. Meanwhile I have a couple of photos of how they look at each place. Some have been surprised with a dark chocolate slipper at CRT but it's upredicible.

Here's how it is at GF:
12600slipper-med.JPG

Here's how it is at the CRT (white chocolate):
12600SlipperdessertatCRT.jpg

CRT (dark chocolate):
12600dark_choc_slipper-med.jpg

092.jpg

This is a cake I got at the YC....sadly I didn't know my step-granddaughter was allergic to strawberries, it had strawberries in the filling.

094.jpg

This one was for my dd's 13th birthday....GF Cafe. Very yummy.

The Nemo one was about $100, about a year ago; the Tink one was $85, in '06.

our cake was for my in laws 45th anniversary
$50 from the Grand Floridian on 10/2/08
Whipped Cream frosting, Strawberries and bavarian cream inside.
Aboslutely worth every penny. We all still talk about how delcicious that cake was!
181975cake-med.jpg

181975cake2-med.jpg

Here is my birthday cake :) It was absolutely delicious
$65.00 + tax & gratuity ($35.00 for the cake and $30.00 decorating fee)
Jan 26, 2009
1900 Park Faire at GF
8" Yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Pink fondant with Cinderella's slipper on top filled with whipped cream and raspberries. I also asked if they could put a few flowers on the top and it looked perfect!!!
When I had called Linda was on vacation and the woman who helped me asked the chef if they could do something like I had asked. When she came back to tell me they could she gave me a choice of 8" or 10" so we went with the 8".
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

PRICE: $90.00

DATE RECEIVED: JANUARY 12TH, 2009

STEAKHOUSE BAKERY

CAKE INFO: 10", MARBLE CAKE, RASPBERRY MOUSSE FILLING, WHITE BUTTERCREAM UNDER FONDANT, SUGAR FLOWERS - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

SPECIAL REQUESTS: We wanted some silver incorporated into the cake since it was our 25th anniversary. As you can see the "banner" on the front is silver, and it also had some silver sparkle on the sugar flowers. It was GORGEOUS :)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We ordered this cake for our DD in March

Price: $32 for cake + $15 for topper
Date Received: March 8, 2009
Cake info - Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Mousse filling and chocolate icing. The cake topper was white chocolate and was DD's favorite part of the cake.
Anything else special about that particular cake: The cake was pretty good. A little dry around the edges but the mousse filling helped with the dryness.

camcake2-1.jpg

This is the cake we ordered for our twin DS's in March:

Price: $48per
Date Received: March 11, 2009
Cake info - White cake with white buttercream icing on the inside, chocolate on the outside.
Anything else special about that particular cake: This cake was really good. Extremely moist and not overly sweet. My DH and kids snacked on it all week.

jccake2-1.jpg

Okay I have some pictures. We had breakfast at O'hanas last Sunday and that was perfect as usual. I had ordered a cake and was super excited. I had a 10 inch ordered but when a few people fell threw I called back and went with the 8 inch. She told me no design could be added (I had orginally went with a monorail theme). But she did say it could be festive and have Mickey sprinkles. I told her I wanted lots of color and pop. I went with teh vanilla cake and buttercream frosting. I was VERY disappointed!! The cake was a spongy type and it was soooo dull. I am so glad the cake was no bigger. They did transport it to our room at the CBR but from there it went into the garbage.
P4180061.jpg

P4190062.jpg

P4180059.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter