The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I still seem to be missing something, as I did upload to Photobucket, copied the IMG info into the "insert image" on DIS but all I got was the address and no picture. I'll try again, later. Thanks for the help! Karen

Here you go!

Having gleamed everything from these boards, I decided to order a special cake for my DGD 5th birthday. We had dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare for our first night, so I called Pat at the GF. She called back and suggested a Mickey Mouse Head cake. I told her I would prefer something with the Princesses, and we decided on a 6 inch yellow cake with buttercream in pink. Pat said she would have the Princesses done in white chocolate. I did ask for cream and strawberries filling. Pat said they really didn't do that for the 6 inch cake but would ask for us. The price was 54.00. I told her that I would like some flowers. Well the cake was beautiful! Since we had too much dinner, we took it back to our room. We finally cut into it a couple of days later, and, it was delicious too! Here's the photos thanks for the upload tip

DSCN0156.jpg

WOWWW these cakes are amazing! My mom had this cake sent to our room at the Poly in '08. Good thing we always go for my birthday, I'm hinting at something more extravagant this year! :rotfl:

4842513318_86be49b973_b.jpg

I just learned how to post pictures. I'll try to attempt to load a pic of DD's birthday cake last April. I asked the lady at the GF bakery to simply do a "Pirate" themed cake with a budget of around $100. I told her I didn't care what they did, just to surprise us. Here's what she got:

Newcamerapics064.jpg

Newcamerapics081.jpg

Newcamerapics079.jpg

The funny thing is that Jack Sparrow is DD's FAVE!!!! What a fab surprise.:goodvibes

This is the cake we ordered for my DD's 16th birthday celebration at California Grill last week.

I contacted the cake hotline, which routed me to the CR, and said I wanted a mini wedding cake, and they told me to contact brian via e-mail, which I did, and he confirmed what I wanted, and I then went back to private dining at CR and placed the official order.

I requested a mini wedding cake in pastel green with edible flowers and butterflies in shades of blue and purple. It was vanilla cake with buttercream icing. It was gorgeous and pretty tasty, too, and DD was absolutely thrilled. The cost was $30, and we thought it was worth it for the special occasion. It was supposed to be only 1 serving, but we all had a few bites.

This is the only pic I have uploaded, will add more:

9a914f26.jpg

Meant to post this sooner, it is from April, 2010..... My DD's 10th birthday Tower of Terror cake ordered from the Grand Floridan Bakery. It was a yellow cake with fresh strawberry/Bavarian cream filling, butter cream frosting under chocolate fondant. We had dinner at the Kona Cafe, cake was delivered and ready for our celebration. I had asked for a couple of items to be added to cake, which were not part of the Tower of Terror theme, both were nicely incorporated into the design. The cake was moist, fresh and really good. My daughter loved it! The cost was around $80-$85 and well worth it. My contact at the Grand Floridan was Pat and she was great!

August2010147.jpg

I'm not sure about the Poly but if you go to the official cake chatter thread in this section you will find the phone number you can call about ordering a cake.I ordered one from the GF bakery. Price comes down to exactly what you want in the cake. What one person pays may not be the same for others.When my wife and I celebrated our 10 anni. last April I ordered a special cake to be served for dessert after dinner and it was supposed to be added to our dinner bill...($85)..well after I paid the check I noticed the cake wasn't added....I guess the waiter liked us enough to give us a present...and the silver platter it came on...:lmao:

110_2909.jpg

110_2908.jpg

We had 2 cakes done in March. Sorry it has taken so long to post them.

The first we had made in memory of my Dad. It was delivered to the Yachtsman from BW Bakery. It was GREAT! The sugar flowers were so detailed and the border at the bottom are actually edible pennies.

DSC00244-1-1.jpg

The second was from the GF bakery for DDs Bday. The cake was beautiful but the taste was less than up to par.

DSC00306-1-1.jpg

Forgot to add this from our last trip: :flower3:

In lieu of a designer birthday cake since we were staying at POFQ and weren't doing any ADRs ... I chose to purchase a large dinner-plate-sized Mickey Head Rice Crispy treat from the Main Street Confectionary at MK. They had many on display - made fresh every day - and no need to pre-order. They ranged from around $11-16 depending on the amount of chocolate. (Sorry I don't remember the exact amount.)

March 2010
Main Street Confectionary, MK
around $16

IMG_1035.jpg

Here are the pictures of my brothers cake. We had it delivered to the room at Bay Lake Towers on our 2nd day of a 11 night trip and even with just three of us we ate all of it. The inside was chocolate with a raspberry mouse and i think the cost was around $125. Definitely worth it in our opinion. Sorry they are so big I couldn't figure out how to shrink them.
Disneysummer2010039.jpg

[/IMG]
Disneysummer2010032.jpg

Disneysummer2010038.jpg

Here are some pictures of my daughter's cake for her 16th birthday. She wanted red roses & black roses on it and she wanted something to do with the Haunted Mansion. The cake was white cake with Bavarian cream filling with strawberries. It had chocolate fondant. It was an 8 inch cake (3 layers of cake with 2 layers of filling). The hitchhiking ghosts were a nice touch. We had this cake at 1900 Park Fare on August 1, 2010. We ordered from Pat at the Grand Floridian and were very pleased with the result. My daughter loved it! And, it tasted good as well. The cost for this cake was $100.

DSCN0205.jpg

DSCN0202-1.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

So we’re back from our most recent WDW trip and it was a great time as always.

Before our trip, I worked with Brian (cakemanbri) to get a custom cake made for my dad’s 60th Bday. My original “Handy Manny’s Tools” theme didn’t pan out ... but the revised Tools & Mickey Heads theme couldn’t have turned out better! Brian really outdid himself ... and the cake tasted as good as it looked!

(ETA: The fingerprints on the ganache and the silver on the beige sign are a result of carrying the cake from The Wave to our room at BLT ... during a rain shower ... some of the pieces shifted a bit.)

P1030352.jpg

P1030349.jpg

The only snag we faced was that the cake didn’t get delivered to the restaurant – somehow it got left in the bakery. We were trying to sort things out on the down-low so as not to ruin the surprise for my dad, but ended up having to let him in on the surprise in the end. The staff at The Wave was great about boxing the cake up for us and even gave us extra candles and matches so that we could have a celebration in our room. (Also, there was no problem getting a separate bill for the cake.)

We didn’t actually get around to eating the cake until two days later – and it tasted fresh, moist, and delicious! We ate the last pieces on our last night (6 full days later) and it was still very tasty.

For a really special occasion, I would definitely order another custom cake.

Details:

Date: August 10, 2010
Cost: $75 plus tax and gratuity – basically $100 total
Size: 8”
Flavour: Chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling, the icing is milk chocolate ganache, underneath is a thin layer of light chocolate buttercream. The tools, tool chest, mickey heads, etc. are mostly made of painted chocolate ... I believe the beige/white parts are fondant but could be wrong.

We had a cake delivered to our room last week at BLT. I was in contact with Chef Brian before leaving - when I made the reservation I was instructed to call private dining when we checked in and give them our room number. I did this and also asked that the time of delivery be moved from 1:00 to 3:00 - I was told the cake would not be delivered without someone in the room. We arrived back to our room around 2:30 and I had this "feeling" so I went in 1st and sure enough there was the cake sitting on the table - I ran back in the hall and told hubby to occupy the kids for a minute. I got everything arranged and here is the result
DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

My girls were so excited it was great - they thought it came because they filled out the kids check in book downstairs and it asked what they were celebrating and my DD8 put birthday down!! They were beyond thrilled. The cake was beautiful and would definitely feed 16 people it cost $75. We didn't eat 1/4 of it - there was so much. I'm glad I did it once but I know for sure I won't be ordering a cake that bid again - it just felt so wasteful. I did enjoy the experience though and the looks on my daughters faces was priceless!!

This cake was made at the yacht club bakery and given to us at Cape May dinner on 8/15/10 for my sons birthday. 10 inch cake $125.
DSCN1903.jpg

The cake tasted really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter