*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but we're going in December and about half of our party is AP holders while the other half isn't. Can the non-AP holders go in the AP park entrance line with the AP holders in our party so we can stay together?
You can't all go through the AP line together, but in my experience it is only shorter/faster occasionally. Dividing into two parties in adjacent lines (AP and the next one over) works well too if you want to use the AP line.

You can't all go through the AP line together, but in my experience it is only shorter/faster occasionally. Dividing into two parties in adjacent lines (AP and the next one over) works well too if you want to use the AP line.
I’m surprised to read your response. Since we entered through the AP Line with our entire party only one of us had an AP?

Last edited:
I’m surprised to read your response. Since we entered through the AP Line with our entire party only one of us had an AP?
I guess both are probably true. At some points they checked APs and turned people away and at others I don’t think there would have been anything stopping anyone from using it. Hope it works out for the OP.

For those who have been Christmas week, I’ve read horror stories about the Epcot security lines being 30+min waits!:headache: With so much construction going on - and having the least amount of security tables than other parks - my family is trying to convince me to go bagless. Just for Epcot. Anyone experience this mess first hand?

I’m also really curious if they’ve added security tables to the international gateway entrance with the opening of the skyline. Three tables is not enough!

We will also be there in December! December 7-14
This is our first time back (DH and I) in years and our son's first time!
He's turning five, and has no clue we have been planning this trip for over a year to celebrate his bday - We plan on officially telling him about a week out - to allow everything to process in his brain so he doesnt totally have a nervous breakdown day of - it's also his first time on an airplane (yay)....
Polynesian WAHOO!

We have a few new people this week!
:welcome:

We might just make it to 200 groups on the roll call. I should be done with updates through here, so please let me know if I have missed you or noted your details incorrectly.

:tinker:Sending happy thoughts to everyone as we enter the 60 day FP+ window for the majority of those staying onsite!

Not sure if anyone here planning a December trips rents strollers or mobility devices and has heard about this upcoming change with Bell Services pickup/drop-off

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html?m=1
The old preferred companies are stating that if you reserve prior to 10/1 you will be grandfathered into the pickup/drop-off. Not sure what that means if you book something for 2021, but for 2 months from now I bet it would remain safe.

For those who have been Christmas week, I’ve read horror stories about the Epcot security lines being 30+min waits!:headache: With so much construction going on - and having the least amount of security tables than other parks - my family is trying to convince me to go bagless. Just for Epcot. Anyone experience this mess first hand?

I’m also really curious if they’ve added security tables to the international gateway entrance with the opening of the skyline. Three tables is not enough!
I can’t answer you on number of tables open, but over Christmas week we go bagless as much as we can to avoid the long security lines- not sure I’ve ever waited 30 minutes, but they can get pretty long!

Hello! I'm pretty new here to the forums, but I thought I'd jump in on this post! My family is planning to be at Coronado Springs from 12/21 to 12/26 :)

We've thought about going to WDW for Christmas for a few years now since none of us have been outside of summer. Everything kind of lined up perfectly, and once my sister in law and mom saw the Ultimate Christmas package offering for the dates we were already considering, we were determined this was our year to go. Assuming that my dad's time off gets approved, which is very likely, the trip will include my grandma, my parents, my sister, my brother and his wife, me, and my 5 nieces and nephews (ages 12, 7, 5, 4, and 1). I know it will be hectic, but our family thrives in the crazy lol
Nice! I’m going to be there with my 2 nieces and nephew. It’ll definitely be crazy

We will be there 12/5-12/9, staying BWV, AKL Kidani and CCV. Can’t wait for fast pass day Sunday!

It was fast pass day, we got everything we wanted. The tiers at HS make things difficult. We had changed our resorts to Grand Floridan and AKL I think that is finally set, we changed our minds a lot, lol. I just need to order a birthday cake and start making tee shirts. It is hard to believe we are down to 60 days already.

Good morning everyone! I’m kinda excited about an email I got this morning from Touringplans.com about the crowd level forecasts for the week we will be visiting (Dec 8-14) they’ve decreased significantly

I was just coming here to post that! Our December week also decreased and I'm hoping it stays that way. I was becoming concerned that it might be very busy the week we go.

Good morning everyone! I’m kinda excited about an email I got this morning from Touringplans.com about the crowd level forecasts for the week we will be visiting (Dec 8-14) they’ve decreased significantly
I was just coming here to post that! Our December week also decreased and I'm hoping it stays that way. I was becoming concerned that it might be very busy the week we go.
Thanks for posting! I hadn't checked my email and saw the same was true for our week. I will admit I am a little doubtful of the new crowd levels, but I really hope they are true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!