*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Just booked December 9th-December 12th at Pop! So excited because this will be the first time I have seen any of the Disney parks decorated for Christmas. Also, this is a Mom and Me trip! So ready for the next 6 months to fly by!!
The Christmas decorations and general atmosphere in December are lovely. I am sure you will love it. Are you traveling with your mom or with your kids?

We got our ADR's booked this morning!

Monday dinner at Narcoossee's
Tuesday breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
Tuesday lunch at 50's Prime Time
Tuesday dinner at Le Cellier
Friday dinner at Yachtsman.

We had dinner planned at Be Our Guest on Wednesday, and had it booked as well, but we decided to cancel after talking about it further. We are planning on spending a lot of time at Universal Studios, and decided to do Universal that day, and spend an entire day at MK on Thursday, so we're having our awesome amazing travel agent book Be Our Guest on Thursday evening.

Question for anyone who's stayed at Disney and ventured off property. I've only stayed at Disney and visited Disney parks, or stayed off site and had my own vehicle. How do you handle the back and forth offsite? I don't really want to rely on Uber.

We got our ADR's booked this morning!

Monday dinner at Narcoossee's
Tuesday breakfast at Hollywood and Vine
Tuesday lunch at 50's Prime Time
Tuesday dinner at Le Cellier
Friday dinner at Yachtsman.

We had dinner planned at Be Our Guest on Wednesday, and had it booked as well, but we decided to cancel after talking about it further. We are planning on spending a lot of time at Universal Studios, and decided to do Universal that day, and spend an entire day at MK on Thursday, so we're having our awesome amazing travel agent book Be Our Guest on Thursday evening.

Question for anyone who's stayed at Disney and ventured off property. I've only stayed at Disney and visited Disney parks, or stayed off site and had my own vehicle. How do you handle the back and forth offsite? I don't really want to rely on Uber.

We visited Universal on two trips, the most recent we rented a car, but we had a big group and it was cheaper to rent a minivan for the week than to get any other type of transportation. The other trip we used Mears to book bus transit.

We visited Universal on two trips, the most recent we rented a car, but we had a big group and it was cheaper to rent a minivan for the week than to get any other type of transportation. The other trip we used Mears to book bus transit.
Thanks!!! I have seen something about Mears. Will definitely check that out. We don't really want to rent a car, it's just the two of us, no kiddos this time, and any alternate kind of transportation will likely be far cheaper than renting a vehicle when factoring in daily rental rates, parking fees, etc.

Thanks!!! I have seen something about Mears. Will definitely check that out. We don't really want to rent a car, it's just the two of us, no kiddos this time, and any alternate kind of transportation will likely be far cheaper than renting a vehicle when factoring in daily rental rates, parking fees, etc.
Makes sense! Even with only two people, Lyft or Uber might be cheaper than the bus. We didn't love being tied to their schedule, but we also only spent about 2/3 of a day at Universal on that trip and it sounds like you are planning to spend more time there. The bus was very reliable and it was simple once the trip was booked.

For those who might be interested, I have been adding links to related threads and information from various sources to the third post of this thread. Please let me know if there is anything you would to see linked in the post (e.g., links to relevant threads, news posts, or topics I have missed).

I just realized my dining timeframe opened up this morning! Problem is I can't think of a single place I want to reserve.
Prices are too high and we have club level most of the trip anyway. Pretty sure Epcot will have their kiosks running. Can't do everything.

FYI for anyone looking for Garden Grill - I just checked the day I needed (12/2/19) and I am now seeing lots of available times! This morning I couldn't find anything there on that date for any meal.

FYI - if you're looking for Akershus breakfast reservations - quite a few times just opened up on the date I was looking for (12/2). I was able to move my 11:05am to 9:55am (and they also had 10:30 & 10:45) and I'm seeing availability for that whole week now!

FYI - if you're looking for Akershus breakfast reservations - quite a few times just opened up on the date I was looking for (12/2). I was able to move my 11:05am to 9:55am (and they also had 10:30 & 10:45) and I'm seeing availability for that whole week now!
You're awesome! I just got it for our preferred time! THanks!

Hello!

I’d love to be added to the list!! We will be staying at Coronado Springs from December 11-16, 2019 (then moving to Universal).

As someone else said 180 mark is anti-climatic when I only have QS dining! Haha. This is our 4th trip and have experienced a lot of sit down dining. I’m looking forward to the added spontaneity and freedom of not being tied to dining reservations. I like to change things up every trip.

Happy planning everyone!

How have people’s ADRs been going?

Booking tomorrow for a large group for some hard to get places!
I was booking for a large group the first week of December and didn't have any trouble at all. I made sure to plan for the harder ones to get later in the week and was able to get everything I wanted at decent times. However, I've also seen where others have indicated having a hard time getting the ones they wanted. Hopefully you don't have any trouble and are able to get those tricky ones!

Decided that I wanted to do the fireworks dessert party for our MK day (Wednesday 12/4) so that we don’t have to camp out forever to get a good spot to view Happily Ever After. I was shocked when I went to look last night and the Garden View with the dessert party first didn’t have any availability. I ended up booking the after fireworks dessert party with Garden Viewing and now I’m hoping something else will open up for the other one and I can switch.

I cant believe I haven't joined this thread yet! We are taking our son, daughter in law, and our dgd who will be 15 months dec 9-15. We have a split stay with 4 night at CBR (free dining bounce back) followed by a 2 night DVC stay at CCV. This morning was our ADR day and I could not get Artist Point...180+4 days out! Plus it still gets my goat that I cant book ADRs for the second portion of the split stay. I'm sure in 4 days there will be no way to get Cali Grill brunch for that Sunday. Grr.....

On the upside, my StL Blues are having a good start in this final game of the Stanley cup 💙

Welcome to the December group! Looks like a great trip! My only real suggestion is to consider staying at AKL for a Boma breakfast on your break day. The car will make getting to GF for 1900 Park Fare easier, but AKL is wonderful and Boma is a great meal. Of course, you won't get characters, so that may make Boma a bad choice. If you want to stick with 1900 Park Fare, you might consider a late breakfast so you can have a slow start (with food in the room as needed) and then head over for your breakfast and maybe touring the monorail resorts.

If you want to join the roll call, just let me know your travel dates.
Breakfast at Boma has been a real favorite of ours. Last Dec and last month and we were not staying at AKL at the time. It's worth the bus trip!
Has anyone tried booking a holiday sleigh ride?

I did not see times loaded online and called the recreation number a few times this past week. The last CM I spoke with this morning said Disney is not having them this year because of construction and the horses are being moved offsite. I assume it is the DVC/River Country construction, but just wanted to see if anyone else heard the same?
Makes total sense. I know the trail from WL to Fort Wilderness is closed. I wonder how the construction is impacting the camp sites? We did the sleigh ride in 2012 and it was so fun.
I am also looking to book Topolino's Terrace for dinner in December. Waiting to hear when it will take reservations.

This is what is rough about booking 180+ out. I am sure I will also make 1000 changes to my plans. 🤪
I forgot about that one! Character meal, right? Going to have to squeeze that one in. Hoping the Space restaurant will be open by Dec too.
We always Uber. About $20 each way, I think. I can look at my receipt from our last trip. Yep, averaged $20-$22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!